President Biden

Happy Face

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Taking the knee is usually bowing for a monarch or something isnt it? Like going down on one knee?

That's bending the knee, wecu means swearing allegiance, in GoT anyway.

"In American football, a quarterback kneel, also called taking a knee, genuflect offense, or victory formation occurs when the quarterback immediately kneels to the ground, ending the play on contact, after receiving the snap."

Whatever the fuck that means. :icon_lol:

Some black players have been mimicing that gesture when the pre-match anthem is played in protest at police killings of blacks - that's what the stupid cunt is on about - for "sons of bitches" read "black bastards".

1 hour ago, NJS said:

I'm surprised people don't make more of his draft dodging whenever he plays the military/patriotism/flag card - I know paying a doctor was standard rich people behaviour but still ....

The hypocrisy with respect to Kerry was outrageous. Somehow just seems the norm in politics now though. 

6 hours ago, Ant said:

it's something to do with winning by a massive margin/ result not being in doubt, bit like tipping your king in chess i guess except it helps stop the likelyhood of injuries /seeing it out.

The clock continues running while the ball is still on the field of play. So when you "kneel down" or "take a knee", you touch the ball to the floor, which ends the play but keeps the clock going. It's a way of running down the clock, rather than trying to throw a pass which might go out of play (stopping the clock and thus letting the losing team have more time) or worse, being intercepted by the other team. 

At any rate, it's being used now to protest during the national anthem at sporting events, we did a lesson on this last year with my middle school kids. A (white) baseball player did it last night too, which is the first time it's spread outside American football. 

He was also whinging about the rule changes they've brought in to reduce brain injuries ("lower ratings" in his original speech) - he honestly wants to see more people injured to make the sport "better".

I want to add a complaint about him to the pile. I work not far from one of his golf courses, there is also a small airport nearby (for corporate and private jets).

The small airport exits onto the road I need to go on to get onto the motorway home, for 2 out of the last 4 Fridays Trump has decided to fly into this little fucking airport in suburban New Jersey to go play fucking golf at his stupid fucking golf course meaning the police have closed down the road I need to use to get to the motorway. So me and every other schmuck need to drive through Madison, NJ which is tiny and has only one lane each way so it tacks on at least 40 minutes onto my commute home on a Friday whenever he does it. 

I’ve also been hearing he does this sort of crap at a lot of regional and minor airports which means they can’t take any flights for a long period of time, this loses them a large amount of business. Apparently some have even suggested they may not last his term if he carries this on. I know the plight of private/corporate jet airports is low on his list of offenses but it’s just further evidence of him being a selfish nob. 

Meanwhile he’s decided to go on a one man crusade against NFL and NBA players rather than attempt to rectify any of the issues they’re trying to bring attention to. I saw a tweet by an NFL player that I thought was a corker on the topic, after him and many had told them to ‘stick to sports rather than politics’ he suggested that Trump stick to politics rather than meddle I sport. 

Oh aye, I also expect now I’ve wrote this and mentioned the area in question he’ll have been notified of this and will be landing at the airport every fucking week. That’s how thin skinned and petty the bloke is, him and Ashley would be fast friends. 

Edited by Howay

Thought exactly the same re: the protest, I.e. Rather than address the issue he's trying to make out the protesters are anti-American and insulting the military etc. An utter cunt playing to his utter cunt hardcore fan base 

Will this even play to his base though? You'd have thought making them choose between sport and politics would be a risky move...

I think he's an utter cunt playing at being a fucking idiot.

He has visited his golf courses at least 60 times since his inauguration. If he runs again in 2020 the Dems should just keep showing that footage of him attacking Obama for playing the odd round of golf. It's cost the tax payer $68m at this point. Being president seems to be something he tries to fit in between golf, twitter and watching Fox News.

The comparison of his comments about the 'sons of bitches' in the NFL and the 'fine people' at Charlottesville says all you need to know about him. He's appealing to the lowest common denominator because it's so easy to do. The clips on twitter of rednecks burning their NFL shirts is hilarious mind.

• Like 1

Just now, Rayvin said:

Will this even play to his base though? You'd have thought making them choose between sport and politics would be a risky move...

I think he's an utter cunt playing at being a fucking idiot.

Trying to play to his base then perhaps. If it blows up in his face then all the better.

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Trying to play to his base then perhaps. If it blows up in his face then all the better.

He looks stupid right now, that's certain. If more teams come out in support of the others, he'll have a polarising issue right down a fault line he won't want. I would think, anyway.

Just now, Meenzer said:

I think it's safe to assume his sport-loving base would love their sport even better if it didn't have no traitorous darkies in it.

I think sport has done a great deal to help people move past racism in this sense, but you might be right. It's an acceptable form of tribalism though.

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

He has visited his golf courses at least 60 times since his inauguration. If he runs again in 2020 the Dems should just keep showing that footage of him attacking Obama for playing the odd round of golf. It's cost the tax payer $68m at this point. Being president seems to be something he tries to fit in between golf, twitter and watching Fox News.

The comparison of his comments about the 'sons of bitches' in the NFL and the 'fine people' at Charlottesville says all you need to know about him. He's appealing to the lowest common denominator because it's so easy to do. The clips on twitter of rednecks burning their NFL shirts is hilarious mind.

Agreed, it’s definitely an angle they should push. He’s costing me tax money and time the fucking whopper. 

The worrying part of the Dems is Hillary is back doing all of the late night talk shows and making other appearances, it’s fairly transparent she’s gearing up for another attempt I just hope the Dems don’t push her like they have in the past especially as even when I agree with what she is saying about some of the shadier aspects of her loss to Trump it still comes across as whinging. 

Edited by Howay

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden