President Biden

Happy Face

Actually locking them up would be a great solution. Unfortunately, simply being racist doesn't actually break any laws - so until it does, yeah we need to talk to them.

There's a total lack of pragmatism about these issues that I would find amusing if it wasn't going to end up with people being killed.

7 hours ago, ewerk said:

Now he's pardoned a racist who was convicted of being racist.

Pardoned from his crime of illegally targeting Hispanic people in an anti-immgration drive. You can see why Trump did what he did but why the fuck is he allowed to?

If the guy broke the law, and by all accounts it seems he did, then he should go to prison. Why on earth is the fucking president allowed to just wade into the middle of it and say he's good to go?

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Anyone still think Trump is a good thing? Incredibly, he's been a worse president than I ever imagined was possible. I've lost count of his cuntish actions. 

I never thought he was a good thing per se. In fact I never even thought he'd be better than Clinton (in terms of actual ability). What I did think was that if we got Clinton we'd be more likely to get someone with the same views as Trump but who might actually achieve something, after her.

So given that he still hasn't achieved anything high impact, I'm warily still in the same position. Although his interventions into Afghanistan makes me think Parky is right about the deep state...

Edited by Rayvin

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

I never thought he was a good thing per se. In fact I never even thought he'd be better than Clinton (in terms of actual ability). What I did think was that if we got Clinton we'd be more likely to get someone with the same views as Trump but who might actually achieve something, after her.

So given that he still hasn't achieved anything high impact, I'm warily still in the same position. Although his interventions into Afghanistan makes me think Parky is right about the deep state...

Clinton is a professional left of centre (by American standards) politician. I will never get the hate for her.

Trump? Not a politician, just clueless. An obvious racist, bigot and misogynist. Extremely right wing, bordering on a fascist. A loose gun internationally (to put it mildly). Warmongerer. Narcissist. The list continues.

He's swung the US to the extremes of the right. Somehow, you think this will result in a reactive swing to the left. I doubt it personally.

But the point is that he hasn't been able to pass anything of note.

He hasn't turned America to the extreme right, he has emboldened a few extreme right wingers but they remain very much on the fringes of society.

Edited by ewerk

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

But the point is that he hasn't been able to pass anything of note.

He hasn't turned America to the extreme right, he has emboldened a few extreme right wingers but they remain very much on the fringes of society.

Well, I would disagree. The very fact Trump is president is a sign something is seriously wrong in the US. He's skewed the Zeitgeist to the right, he's legitimised fascism. As a result I have no inclination to even holiday there. I wonder if HF still thinks it's some kind of utopia? Mind, he was under the impression he would wake up on the Seinfeld set and step outdoors to Yosemite. ^_^

Same as here with Brexit. Maybe I'm just being too sensitive about things, but personally I feel things are worse now politically and society wise since the early 1980s, possibly beyond. 

Just hope things get better. Got a ticket for the match today so will take it from there.... 

That could all be true, but my view has generally been that people were desperate for change and to make a statement rejecting the centre. So, if Trump "fails" to solve the problem, they'll look for other options. Which is where I hope the left comes in.

I do see the logic in your position, bit it comes down to whether you think Trump and Brexit were expressions of right wing xenophobia more than they were expressions of frustration with his things have gone in recent years.

27 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

That could all be true, but my view has generally been that people were desperate for change and to make a statement rejecting the centre. So, if Trump "fails" to solve the problem, they'll look for other options. Which is where I hope the left comes in.

I do see the logic in your position, bit it comes down to whether you think Trump and Brexit were expressions of right wing xenophobia more than they were expressions of frustration with his things have gone in recent years.

I think it's a combination of both with a few other factors thrown in. The main one being, people are AS THICK AS PIG SHIT. See, none at alld this cheers me up. 

People wanted change so voting for more of the same could have been seen as stupid as well! Long-term it has to force a rethink from the 'establishment'. I think the majority of people that voted for Trump did so despite his personality flaws because of promises on jobs, not because they're massive racists. And if he does manage to create jobs they won't give a shit about how much of a tit he continues to make of himself.

On 26/08/2017 at 8:06 AM, Meenzer said:

We need to start listening to racists' frustrations instead of just locking them up, they've been marginalised for too long.

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

"Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, ‘Get that son of a b**** off the field right now, out, he’s fired. He’s fired!’ You know, some owner is gonna do that. He’s gonna say, ‘That guy that disrespects our flag, he’s fired.’ And that owner, they don’t know it. They don’t know it. They’re friends of mine, many of them. They don’t know it. They’ll be the most popular person for a week. They’ll be the most popular person in this country."

"When the NFL ratings are down massively, massively. The NFL ratings are down massively. Now the No. 1 reason happens to be they like watching what’s happening … with yours truly. They like what’s happening. Because you know today if you hit too hard: 15 yards! Throw him out of the game! They had that last week. I watched for a couple of minutes. Two guys, just really beautiful tackle. Boom, 15 yards! The referee gets on television, his wife is sitting at home, she’s so proud of him. They’re ruining the game! They’re ruining the game. That’s what they want to do. They want to hit. They want to hit! It is hurting the game."

"But do you know what’s hurting the game more than that? When people like yourselves turn on television and you see those people taking the knee when they’re playing our great national anthem. The only thing you could do better is if you see it, even if it’s one player, leave the stadium. I guarantee things will stop. Things will stop. Just pick up and leave. Pick up and leave. Not the same game anymore, anyway."

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden