Vladimir Putin and Russia

Anorthernsoul

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Be good if his nukes turn out to be party poppers. 

I’d be straight over there chinning him and playing seven nation army is his face. 

Dude isn’t even a black belt in taekwondo anymore. Soft as shite.

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

He’s got at least two daughters, and very likely grandkids. 

That Ukrainian journo lass who fuckin annihilated Johnson earlier (smirk your way out of that one you cunt) suggested Putins kids are in the Netherlands...

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Seems camera men/or phone filmers are the new snipers as far as tankies are concerned 

How fucking chill was that bloke? Didn't even make a noise or move. Just adjusted his zoom. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

That’s probably the best thing you’ve ever posted here, even though it’s very uncomfortable reading. 

She’s absolutely spot-on in her assessments too, imho. 

• Like 1

Aye it was a good read. I think I bizarrely feel more relaxed after her saying "he would definitely use his nukes". I feel like now I don't have to worry whether he will or something. :lol:

• Haha 1

Just finished reading it, a superb interview indeed. It got me thinking though about all the good work Putin has done to sow misinformation and bullshit on both sides of the political spectrum. My (hard-core leftwing) friend absolutely and fundamentally believes that this is on NATO. And then you go over to the right wing YouTube community and that's what they're all saying too.

I pointed out to my friend that he was basically agreeing with Farage and he just gave me the "even a stopped clock" line, but the reality is this isn't a twice a day issue. It's almost every issue. The left and the right are uniting in their backlash against the international order that has kept us at peace for over half a century, and they're both too blind to realise that they are now absolutely two sides of the same coin. In fact, people on both sides have started telling me that there is no left and right anymore, it's all just freedom versus control. And like, maybe that's true - but if it is, it's because both sides have lined up in close proximity to Putin - without even realising it I might add. Their talking points have been sown for years by agents of disruption and misinformation. That's what Cadwalldr was saying, that's what Fiona Hill is saying. So that's why they think there's no left or right anymore, because there isn't. There's just propaganda.

Neither side trusts the government except over sacred cow style issues, and neither side is prepared to listen to reason. Putin owns both the brexit voting accidental destroyers of Western liberalism, along with the communism demanding, intentional destroyers of Western liberalism (due to their belief that behind the psychotic and murderous eyes of Putin lies a cuddly figure who only wants a fair world). Useful idiots, IMO.

Anyway, hard to imagine how we even break out of this.

• Like 7

Tech giants are weighing in now with Apple stopping all product sales in Russia and removing RT and Sputnik from the App Store. 

35 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Just finished reading it, a superb interview indeed. It got me thinking though about all the good work Putin has done to sow misinformation and bullshit on both sides of the political spectrum. My (hard-core leftwing) friend absolutely and fundamentally believes that this is on NATO. And then you go over to the right wing YouTube community and that's what they're all saying too.

I pointed out to my friend that he was basically agreeing with Farage and he just gave me the "even a stopped clock" line, but the reality is this isn't a twice a day issue. It's almost every issue. The left and the right are uniting in their backlash against the international order that has kept us at peace for over half a century, and they're both too blind to realise that they are now absolutely two sides of the same coin. In fact, people on both sides have started telling me that there is no left and right anymore, it's all just freedom versus control. And like, maybe that's true - but if it is, it's because both sides have lined up in close proximity to Putin - without even realising it I might add. Their talking points have been sown for years by agents of disruption and misinformation. That's what Cadwalldr was saying, that's why Fiona Hill is saying. So that's why they think there's no left or right anymore, because there isn't. There's just propaganda.

Neither side trusts the government except over sacred cow style issues, and neither side is prepared to listen to reason. Putin owns both the brexit voting accidental destroyers of Western liberalism, along with the communism demanding, intentional destroyers of Western liberalism (due to their belief that behind the psychotic and murderous eyes of Putin lies a cuddly figure who only wants a fair world). Useful idiots, IMO.

Anyway, hard to imagine how we even break out of this.

Great post mate 👍

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Aye it was a good read. I think I bizarrely feel more relaxed after her saying "he would definitely use his nukes". I feel like now I don't have to worry whether he will or something. :lol:

I’ve been few a few scenarios today.

Looking out the window expecting to see a big flash.

Wondering which part of the house would be safest. 

Then realising what a shit show of a world would be left, basically some Mad Max dog eat dog scenario and deciding surviving a blast might not be worth doing.

ah well :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I’ve been few a few scenarios today.

Looking out the window expecting to see a big flash.

Wondering which part of the house would be safest. 

Then realising what a shit show of a world would be left, basically some Mad Max dog eat dog scenario and deciding surviving a blast might not be worth doing.

ah well :lol: 

chill mate, I don’t think Boldon is going to be one of the first strike targets

• Haha 3

“ What is first target, Komrad Putin, Whitehouse?”

” Nyet…”

” House of Parliaments ?”

“Nyet…”

“ Reichstag?”

” Nyet…”

”Then where Komrad Putin?”

” Boldon Dogs… obliterate it”

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

<brilliant and thought provoking post>

Spot on. I've been looking at various sides of the aisle in recent days, too, and I find it quite funny that neither side seems comfortable with simply condemning Putin. There's a distinct discomfort there as Putin is seen as some ancillary sideshow to the ongoing 'problem' of Western society. I think it stems from something like the horseshoe theory playing out for extremely radical political positions. These are motivated by ideas that are ostensibly the opposite in their inclination but somehow coincide instead in some sort of bizarre agreement on fundamental dualisms (i.e., freedom vs. determinism, individualism vs. collectivism, pacifism vs. military force).

I think it is probably suitable to preserve the notion that these positions are not necessarily aligned in their motivation and so are able to be differentiated (at least from the perception of internal factors) so accusing one side of being 'no better' than the other is perhaps not incredibly productive, though it's definitely enjoyable to watch political ideologues squirm at their undeniable agreement with their signed-and-sealed "worst enemy".

I think, fundamentally, these positions coincide on the basis of a lack of sophistication of thought which denies the acceptability of a plurality of opinion. They're cults essentially that brook no challenge to their authority. Thus, whatever 'values' they may prescribe, they are only upheld for the 'in group' and as such are not true values at all. Thus the application of force, the restricting of freedom, and the implementation of collective thought-policing is all mandated for dissidents under the umbrella of "necessity"/"protection" in a political system that is not theorised but rather idealised through the symbol of "first" principles or the personage of an "elected" demagogue.

I think in this case the lack of reason used by the adherents to these types of ideas is the product of an inability to abide with uncertainty. This discomfort with the unknown drives people toward these radical positions that promise 'answers' to what are problems that are, really, probably intractable. You see this manifest as the type of mysticism associated with conspiratorial thought, where the problems of society (or any situation) must be the consequence of some identifiable enemy that is within their remit (at least in theory) to influence with ideological infiltration or overthrown with force (soft or hard). Thus, Putin is outside and, therefore, rather uninteresting; it's all really the fault of NATO for both sides as NATO can be manipulated sufficiently to be held up as some internal symbol of the antithesis of everything these ideologies oppose and want to influence and overthrow.

/waffle (sorry I really got inspired for a moment there)

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Craig said:

Asprilla is either trying to be a contrary WUM or he is succinctly displaying his lack of political nous. I suspect it's both.

Frankly, I think he is just a Cath word, which is why I have taken Andrew's advice.

• Like 2