Vladimir Putin and Russia

Anorthernsoul

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

My point is it’s a pittance to the US and shows that Trump was full of shite using a minor issue to fool the hard of thinking such as yourself.

So you should let countries not meet their legal obligations if it’s only $150m?

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Might not have the same impact on the daily lives but will the shift to pariah state lead to a surge in nationalism and pride or resentment?  Hopefully the latter 

It will be a mixture depending on age / education etc

You just have to keep hoping that the sort of people in the background who implanted Putin get to the point where they install their next (hopefully less mad) leader.

33 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

It’s always interesting when life gives us unexpected lessons.

Witnessing the cries of corruption, impropriety and immoral

behaviour of our current government while enjoying our newfound wealth at the hands of the Saudis.

And discussing the evils of censorship and mad dictators while trying to get people banned.

It’s truly a marvel.

🐕

:lol:

You missed out the bit about a grown man acting like a fucking bairn because he’s red-pilled and decided we Lefties should hear about it. 

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:

You missed out the bit about a grown man acting like a fucking bairn because he’s red-pilled and decided we Lefties should hear about it. 

I’m literally just disagreeing with you a bit on some small issues in the scheme of things

Let’s be grateful we’re not getting shot at.

I completely ignored your waaay adult lie about my wife leaving me. :lol:

46 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Toontastic might have to invade France if this FUCKING. SHIT. continues. 

You’d all be nice as pie except that psycho KCG. You’d then realise that it’s not so bad knowing someone with such a well stocked drinks cupboard.

Yeah that'll do, lets bring this back on topic now please.

Ignore function works if you use it right.

Don't engage with people you feel are making bad faith arguments.

Only post outside material from reputable sources.

I missed all of this carry on last night while I was asleep but while I'm not anything not adhering to the above will go.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Asprilla said:

Of the choices on offer, an American empire is the best though.

Also Trump was the least aggressive president I can remember militarily.

I mean yeah it is, until or unless the EU finally takes over on that front. But we were talking about Trump resisting NATO and I'm saying it was problematic that he did because it shook the foundations of the US' own empire. They've built the whole thing around internationalism, and if they start stepping back it's going to be chaos - as we're now seeing. Trump dulled America's edge (intentionally, because his philosophical position is that the US should be isolationist - I disagree with him but I do at least respect that as an honest view), and that's prompted Putin to try his luck IMO. The US shrank back under Trump and we're going to be seeing the consequences of it either until it reasserts itself, or until it fades altogether.

Such a decline, to be fair, would have happened with or without Trump. I do think he accelerated it though.

As for least aggressive, please do remember that he carried out a strike on an Iranian general and almost kicked off his own war by accident :lol: 

Just heard this individual on 5live :

https://www.the-trebuchet.org/blog/2021/8/29/gwythian-prins

He says that Ukrainian troops have been defending Kharkiv with British supplied NLAW anti tank weapons: 

https://www.thedefensepost.com/2022/01/19/ukraine-anti-tank-uk/

Anyway,  the esteemed prof has claimed that whenever any of the city's heroically stout defenders fired one of these bad boys at an approaching Russian tank column  it was apparently accompanied by an almighty roar of "GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!!!"  :lol:  🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Haha 1

I’m collecting donations for Ukrainian Refugees & driving down to York with them on Saturday, as there’s a collection for humanitarian aid at Acomb Church hall. 

If any of our North East based posters have any of the following & would like to donate I can pick stuff up. It needs to be bagged & labelled so as to help the aid workers. 

2F988EC4-8F53-45AE-B0EF-46920EFC15C7.jpeg

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Just heard this individual on 5live :

https://www.the-trebuchet.org/blog/2021/8/29/gwythian-prins

He says that Ukrainian troops have been defending Kharkiv with British supplied NLAW anti tank weapons: 

https://www.thedefensepost.com/2022/01/19/ukraine-anti-tank-uk/

Anyway,  the esteemed prof has claimed that whenever any of the city's heroically stout defenders fired one of these bad boys at an approaching Russian tank column  it was apparently accompanied by an almighty roar of "GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!!!"  :lol:  🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

I'm not "patriotic" but I'm glad we've given them something that's actually helping.

• Like 1