Euro 2016 - They're even letting Wales and Northern Ireland have a Go!

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

must admit some of the irish fan videos have had me in stiches

Favourite chant of the tournament so far has been "go home to your sexy wives" to the swedish :lol: and "please don't start a riot" to the english

Almost as funny as their team's performances ;)

wholesale changes tonight by the sounds of it. i like the sound of vardy and sturridge in, but two new full backs and two new midfielders could be a bit much. we have momentum with the current lineup and we want to win he group so we play team that finished third instead of one of the top nations in the next round.

wholesale changes tonight by the sounds of it. i like the sound of vardy and sturridge in, but two new full backs and two new midfielders could be a bit much. we have momentum with the current lineup and we want to win he group so we play team that finished third instead of one of the top nations in the next round.

Aye, we're not even mathematically through yet. If we were sitting on 6 points now it would be different maybe. I think you have to go all out to try and win the group and make for, on paper at least, an easier game in the next round.

6 changes looks like it might be a bit too disruptive...

He would've dropped Kane and Sterling anyway I think but I agree. I'd play Rooney because he's made the side tick in the first two matches.

6 changes looks like it might be a bit too disruptive...

Not sure about that, certainly if he can make changes at/just after half time if needs be.

Sterling was worse than an empty shirt, Kane seems to be struggling, so there's 2 changes that 100% will improve the side. Replacing Walker and Rose makes sense as they've been up and down the flanks all game for the previous 2 and you'd want them fresh for what comes next. Henderson for Rooney and Sturridge for Ali makes sense from a squad fitness perspective too.

must admit some of the irish fan videos have had me in stiches

Favourite chant of the tournament so far has been "go home to your sexy wives" to the swedish :lol: and "please don't start a riot" to the english

What a brilliant week. I don't know what it's like traveling as an England fan but everyone welcomed the Irish. Drinking and having the craic with opposing fans on the streets/in the fanzones. I had little old French women coming up to me telling me 'J'aime Irlande!'. Fans I'd just met sharing their bags of beers with me. The atmosphere and friendliness everywhere was amazing.

The way the Irish police themselves was very encouraging. Anyone getting aggressive or acting the twat was soon told to catch themselves on and promptly did. You definitely need to get yourself to an international tournament when you next get the chance.

Not sure about that, certainly if he can make changes at/just after half time if needs be.

Sterling was worse than an empty shirt, Kane seems to be struggling, so there's 2 changes that 100% will improve the side. Replacing Walker and Rose makes sense as they've been up and down the flanks all game for the previous 2 and you'd want them fresh for what comes next. Henderson for Rooney and Sturridge for Ali makes sense from a squad fitness perspective too.

it's like 5 or 6 games till the next game though. why rest players? they're professional atheletes. that's more than enough recovery time between games. we were going well, there's a danger now we put in a disjointed performance tonight with so many changes. priority should be winning the group at all costs and securing the easier fixture in the next round.

Hart

Walker Cahill Smalling Bertrand

Dier

Henderson. Wilshere

Lallana. Vardy. Sturridge

Is my predicted lineup

close. it's predicted to be that but with walker also rested for clyne.

close. it's predicted to be that but with walker also rested for clyne.

I guess that makes sense tbf, I would have a preferred Clyne over Walker a couple of months ago but Walker has been class