The Championship

Anorthernsoul

:lol: Merson's nickname, the "Magic Man" never fails to make me laugh. The only thing he could make disappear is a line of cocaine.

Is that his nickname? Never ever heard him called that. He's the newer version of Rodney Marsh, put on for 'a laugh' or more to the point, to be laughed at. The CT of sky sports Saturday.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

It's slightly mad and a tad strange but although we will be in championship this season the club feels a lot more positive and in the best shape it has been for a good few seasons now. A top quality management team who have full control and a clear strategy in place, a squad with cover in most positions who are committed to the club. Who are also committed to the progression of the club as a whole, Rafa has been very active with the youth system from the bottom up. Brilliant if you ask me. For once I'm actuallly looking forward to the season, plenty of new grounds to visit and I can't wait to see the new lads who are itching to play for the club in action. I think there'll be a couple of more signings through the door aswell. Up the Mags.

I can't help thinking that the only times we've done well in the last decade we have gone into the season with low expectations. The probability of going into a season with high expectations and doing well seems low to me. I would therefore argue we should lower our expectations as its riskless to do so. Even the data on favorites to win the championship suggests we should revise our real expectations.

Sky Championship live TV selections until the end of September have now been announced as follows:

August:

Fri 05 Fulham (a) 7.45pm Sky

Sat 13 Huddersfield Town (h) 3pm

Wed 17 Reading (h) 7.45pm

Sat 20 Bristol City (a) 3pm

Sat 27 Brighton & Hove Albion (h) 5.30pm Sky

September:

Sat 10 Derby County (a) 5.30pm Sky

Tue 13 QPR (a) 7.45pm

Sat 17 Wolves (h) 3pm

Sat 24 Aston Villa (a) 5.30pm Sky

Wed 28 Norwich City (h) 7.45pm

Making this announcement, the EFL then tweeted:

The next selections are due for consideration early next month with an announcement set for just after the opening weekend of the season.

Sky Championship live TV selections until the end of September have now been announced as follows:
August:
Fri 05 Fulham (a) 7.45pm Sky
Sat 13 Huddersfield Town (h) 3pm
Wed 17 Reading (h) 7.45pm
Sat 20 Bristol City (a) 3pm
Sat 27 Brighton & Hove Albion (h) 5.30pm Sky
September:
Sat 10 Derby County (a) 5.30pm Sky
Tue 13 QPR (a) 7.45pm
Sat 17 Wolves (h) 3pm
Sat 24 Aston Villa (a) 5.30pm Sky
Wed 28 Norwich City (h) 7.45pm
Making this announcement, the EFL then tweeted:
The next selections are due for consideration early next month with an announcement set for just after the opening weekend of the season.

Am I being special; how are there 3pm fixtures there? Is it simply that those are the fixtures selected, but it isn't confirmed what time they'll be played?

Anyone know of a premium streaming service for the championship?

Kodi should still work, shouldn't it?

Am I being special; how are there 3pm fixtures there? Is it simply that those are the fixtures selected, but it isn't confirmed what time they'll be played?

Kodi should still work, shouldn't it?

Is the 3pm games thing not a premier league thing?

It is slightly confusing, I think it's only the fixtures with 'Sky' beside them that are actually on Sky. So four in total.

Ah, that makes more sense.

and the highlights are on Channel 5, right?

Yup, at the reasonable time of 9pm.

I suppose I can record it and watch it when I get in?

Although Goals on Sunday will still show our highlights, won't they.