Yes Gemmill...

catmag

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Written by a man from Salford whose parents were Scottish. This is his daughter…

Never knew that. Easily my favourite Xmas song, came out when I was in sixth form just starting to frequent pubs and girl's knickers. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

Never knew that. Easily my favourite Xmas song, came out when I was in sixth form just starting to frequent pubs and girl's knickers. 

Do frilly ones chafe your bollocks ??

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

I’d left school and was being musically radicalised at Gala Tech..was talking about this in Paris actually..Rum Sodomy and the Lash came out just before I started going there in 1985. There were dozens of semi goths wandering around listening to the pogues, marychain, birthday party, killing joke, the cult etc etc. I was far too much of a footy lad to dress like the cunts (although some of lasses were stunning 😍) but the music stayed with me…Killing Joke guitarist Geordie Walker died the other day too 😕

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

PL throwing shade at people pretending to be from a different country. Unreal.

Technically that was Renton :lol: 

Am only adding colour…you’ll never be like me Gemma, you know, ethnically exotic, and it fuckin kills you every single day…

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Technically that was Renton :lol: 

Am only adding colour…you’ll never be like me Gemma, you know, ethnically exotic, and it fuckin kills you every single day…

:lol:

I was in Glasgow a couple of weekends ago. Such an exotic people. Such an intoxicating dialect.

45 minutes ago, Renton said:

Also around the same time you got a part time job in a launderette 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I’d left school and was being musically radicalised at Gala Tech..was talking about this in Paris actually..Rum Sodomy and the Lash came out just before I started going there in 1985. There were dozens of semi goths wandering around listening to the pogues, marychain, birthday party, killing joke, the cult etc etc. I was far too much of a footy lad to dress like the cunts (although some of lasses were stunning 😍) but the music stayed with me…Killing Joke guitarist Geordie Walker died the other day too 😕

Rum sodomy and the lash, what an album that was. Loved Jesus and Mary Chain too. Add the Smiths and later the Pixies and these are still staples for me. Didn't get the football bug until I was a bit older (aye, basically a 92er) cos let's face it, football was gash then and I din't want to mix with uncouth yobs like you. 

Been a bad few years for Ireland. Delores, SInead, McGowan, not to mention Wogan, all huge icons. And yet Bono somehow lives. 

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

I was in Glasgow a couple of weekends ago. Such an exotic people. Such an intoxicating dialect.

Lumping someone of my background in with the soap dodgers is a bit like saying everyone north of the Trent/Mersey fault line are all the same  :huff:

Edited by PaddockLad

When I was dipping my wick in France, there used to be a fortnightly party held in a little village , Vagnas, ( aye :lol:), where they’d serve Marquisette, a red wine and “alcohol” punch, for 50p a glass. 
There’d be 4-500 seasonal workers , Brits, French, Dutch, Aussies, every time, getting mullered. 
They’d open and close it with this…

Was fucking hilarious hearing pissed French lasses trying to sing it. :lol:

RIP Shane

• Haha 5

32 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

When I was dipping my wick in France, there used to be a fortnightly party held in a little village , Vagnas, ( aye :lol:), where they’d serve Marquisette, a red wine and “alcohol” punch, for 50p a glass. 
There’d be 4-500 seasonal workers , Brits, French, Dutch, Aussies, every time, getting mullered. 
They’d open and close it with this…

Was fucking hilarious hearing pissed French lasses trying to sing it. :lol:

RIP Shane

You know what pisses me off most about you and your anecdotes, it's what a wasted life I've had in comparison. :lol:

Want to send a message back to my past self and say:

"Hoy! Listen up young Renton. Get your fucking head out of that text book, learn how to climb, and get over to France and get that wick dipped in continental clunge. Don't fucking worry about the future you fanny 'cos all that bring is angst and anxiety anyway. As  sickboy says, 'tomorrow will fucking look after itself'".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I used to be really fascinated, almost obsessed re: the assassination of JFK. The more I looked into it, the more I became convinced Oswald was almost certainly the lone gunman and wasn’t part of a wider conspiracy. Funny thing about that is all of the credible evidence points to that being the case and hardly anyone (or certainly a minority) believes it. The various conspiracy theories are based on bad science, misinterpretations and (often) downright lies. Yet more people than ever prefer the bullshit. Culminating in the Trump cultists thinking both JFK and his son are still alive and helping Trump fight to save America from something or other. Even if he was still alive he’d be 106 :lol: 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 2

Was chatting with my mum about it last week by chance. She says it felt like a bigger event than Diana and 9/11 at the time. Very sceptical of the latter. As for the former, I STILL can't believe they cancelled the Liverpool match.  

I think the assassination of JFK was an elaborate ploy to take attention from the murder and cover up of Aldous Huxley personally. 

16 minutes ago, Renton said:

Hmmm, I loved the pogues, Brookside and new Labour, but I think:

JFK +C.S. Lewis + Aldous Huxley >>> Jimmy + Shane + Darling.  :)

Do you believe in coincidences?… my colleague (who I do like very much :lol: ) told me an hour ago about that triple death on Nov 22….he certainly doesn’t 😬