Norwich V Newcastle / Saturday / 3PM / Carrow Road

Anorthernsoul

The stupid thing is, with the very bare minimum of foresight, this year could have been very different.

I think we'd have been in a better position if we'd done the right thing and sacked McClaren after the Chelsea game. No doubt McClaren convinced them that a few days in the sun, learning from a master tactician like himself and putting in a performance to beat the mighty Lillestrom in a friendly would all lead to a change in our fortunes. If anything we've been worse since then and it's too late for Rafa to fix it tbh.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm bothered. I've been moping around the house in a right mood since the match

Was far more bothered last year but I think that was because it always seemed more likely that not that we'd stay up until the last couple of matches. I remember thinking every week "just one more win and we'll be alright", only to be let down several games in a row - but we did manage to take it all the way to the final game of the season.

Now it is looking pretty terminal in terms of our chances even with a few weeks to go, it's a lot less nerve-racking.

I still care but I'm pretty apathetic about it all nowadays. Life's too short to let these twats get me down, if it's anything like the last relegation numbness will be the overriding feeling if/when relegation is confirmed.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

I've never seen our defence so scared. None of them have any confidence. Mbemba in particular just looks awful.

It takes a particularly pervasive lack of mental strength to stand out as the 'guy who might actually shit himself' alongside Steven Taylor and Vernun Anita.

A positive is that not going to the games will have a much bigger impact in the Championship. Please, stay the fuck away.

Again though, last time round it was much more enjoyable in the championship. Also, our certainty of relegation came after the S/T deadline. We'll get 45k regularly next season. The season after.....

Anyone that keeps turning up to have the piss taken out of them....honestly, they are fucking morons. The players have taken the piss almost as much as Ashley this season.

"Here you go, have my several hundred pounds minimum, Mr Ashley."

Not this shit again. You're not a moron if you enjoy it, any more than you're a moron for posting on an nufc board and criticise people for attending. I'll be going to the derby as a minimum next year probably.

Anyone that keeps turning up to have the piss taken out of them....honestly, they are fucking morons. The players have taken the piss almost as much as Ashley this season.

"Here you go, have my several hundred pounds minimum, Mr Ashley."

You can't blame people though for wanting to go see their team, especially when they've got barns

I can and I do. By turning up despite everything, they send two messages. One that Newcastle fans are mindless morons, and the other that what Ashley is doing is ok.

The first of those has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt at this stage.

I can and I do. By turning up despite everything, they send two messages. One that Newcastle fans are mindless morons, and the other that what Ashley is doing is ok.

The first of those has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt at this stage.

Point 1 is shite for the reasons stated. Point is also shite. I don't think either of us was impressed with shepherd towards the end. Didn't stop either of us going.

The lack of free worldwide tv advertising every couple of weeks will hurt him. As for playing in the Championship I don't think this squad has the gonads that Carroll,Barton,Nolan etc had

Shepherd was an entirely different kettle of fish. The comparison is idiotic tbh. This bloke is presiding over his second relegation, and if we somehow avoid it, it'll be yet another relegation battle that he's presided over. All the while turning the club into an advertising hoarding for his shitty sports shops.

Shepherd was incompetent, but he wanted success for the club. This bloke just wants free advertising, Premiership survival and a quiet life from the fans. The attenders are complicit in that quiet life.

There should be hell over this instead of the complete apathy, this guy has sold the club down the river. I'm hearing is "it was great last time in the Championship" well it was because we had a team that had heart & passion who wanted to win & cared about the club. Most of this lot will be kicking the gates down at SJP come the final whistle against Spurs. Rather than come straight back up I think we could do a Middlesbrough or worse.

We'll come straight back up, there's plenty players in the squad that look hopeless in the Prem and wont attract buyers but will do well in the Championship. We also have youth like Armstrong, Aarons, and Bigirimana who will also do well (Armstrong in particular imo).

Our relegation won't hurt Sports Direct that much anyway, having little foreign orphan kids stitch Lonsdale socks at his warehouse is already doing enough damage. The snakey cunt on the news in his little hi-vis vest when Sports Direct is suffering makes me smile. He's in the middle of a two pronged shit storm, and he can't go to war with his Sports Direct critics and deliberately antagonise them like he did with us. He's squirming and I love it

I thought he had one more? I thought I'd read he had 18 months left in January, could have been another player mind.

I'm assuming the post by Essembee was aimed at me? If so the players we have in the current squad that look hopeless now but will do well down there are ones like Taylor, Lascelles, Dummett, Colback, Townsend, Riviere (possibly, haven't seen enough of him to be fair), possibly Obertan and Gouffran, I'm not saying it'll be riveting stuff but I'm confident we'll come back up it's a shite league.