Saido Berahino - 21 million bid DENIED

Haydnator

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we ever really had a chance of getting him, but they probably knew that already.

But when it became abundantly clear, they release the Perez news to deflect attention away from the failure to get the big transfer done..

Odd time to be announcing a contract extension, don't you think?

Perez pretty much announced it himself on NYE anyway - for anyone paying attention.

I do believe we were in for him and willing to spend but only because we're shitting ourselves. Same reason Doumbia came out of absolutely nowhere on loan.

I do believe we were in for him and willing to spend but only because we're shitting ourselves. Same reason Doumbia came out of absolutely nowhere on loan.

Aye, he also fits with the other targets this window in that they were youngish players who had Premiership experience. I think they got really desperate and I doubt we'll see any move for Berahino in the summer. I'm really glad they had the sense to bring Doumbia in on loan because it would have been typical of them to chase Berahino, realize they weren't going to get him at like 8pm and eventually miss out on anyone.

I also don't have any resentment towards West Brom for rejecting the bid as if the roles were reversed I'd hope we would do the same, whether he's playing or not it'd have been daft giving us a striker that would score goals for us.

The window was ok but they have again failed to address the glaring weakness that is our left back position, it's sad that it takes utter fucking panic for them to start making moves (the summer moves came from the fear off the back of last seasons horror show).

I can't bare listening to it but I've heard his name mentioned as some sort of knowlegable bloke from up here talking about deals and from my memory none of them have ever come off.

Gomis nailled on for. I'd rather end up with no one.

Courtney used to present the football on Metro radio on a Saturday. He then used to do a show about cars on metro radio. All in late eighties/early nineties then disappeared off the map to suddenly appear as talk sports North East football expert years later. Top blagging, to be fair.

If we can now climb the table and avoid relegation with what we've now got, it might be just as well we didn't fork out boocooh money to West Brom.

Who knows we might get him in the summer for a lot less, and maybe we might not need him if Mitrovic, Cisse, Perez, Riviere, and this new bloke on loan turns out to be a good one and we keep him, start finding the net and putting away the chances we create. And with Gini, JonJo, Sissoko, Townsend, Saivet, Colback on board there should be lots of chances made.

Don't understand West Brom keeping Berahino when they're not playing him. Also, it wasn't just us after him, Spurs and Stoke were keen too. I get not selling to a team that they feel may overtake them in the table. But Spurs and Stoke are surely not competition? If they'd sold Berahino for the figures touted they could have bought players to fill areas of their squad they feel need strengthening. Clearly they don't need him playing, so if you've the opportunity to get north of £20m for what is essentially a sub, why not do it?

Bonkers, especially when his contract runs out in 18months.

I don't know why he's currently not fully match fit and not playing full games but that they've not sold him is a sign that they intend to use him in the run home. He's no doubt been given a big confidence boost from this interest they'd be mad not to try to turn that into league goals.

They're close enough to the bottom that they could fall back into a relegation spot I'm which case 20 odd million would be a fraction of what they'd lose through relegation. If they stay up they'll line up a replacement and send him off to the highest bidder.

Interesting read that. I don't really see how it benefits West Brom now like unless the theory is that now that he can't be sold, Pulis may as well play him and he's more likely to do the job keeping them up than any players Pulis would buy. But it is certainly inevitable that he will leave and in the summer when he's only got a year left of his contract, they won't get close to £25m for him.

Another theory I read probably a load of rubbish was the owner is trying to sell the club and thought he would sell easier/quicker with rather than without Berahino. Again it's probably a million miles from the truth as Toyah once sang "It's a Mythtery"

Edited by trooper

Yeah it doesn't post a particularly good picture of Pulis does it. At best he's someone who can keep you up but won't allow you to progress because he's more interested in lining his pockets. Never liked the cunt so I'm inclined to believe this is true.