Holidays 2024

McFaul

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Anyone done Pen y Fan?

Doing it next week myself for the first time!  Know a few who have including the Fan Dance.  Apparently a moderate walk for most people with a decent amount of fitness 

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

? What's this then?

It's a 24km session up it fully loaded up. It was initially used as part of SAS and Pathfinder selection but now they run lighter events as a taster for it. I know a lad who went for Pathfinder selection and basically this broke him. Doing it in Feb he got hypothermia the mad cunt. 

14 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

It's a 24km session up it fully loaded up. It was initially used as part of SAS and Pathfinder selection but now they run lighter events as a taster for it. I know a lad who went for Pathfinder selection and basically this broke him. Doing it in Feb he got hypothermia the mad cunt. 

No Way Hot Ones GIF by First We Feast

• Haha 5

Did Tryfan today. A great walk with a grade 1 scramble in. Really bloody warm too which took me a bit by surprise. 

Just had a pizza and.a coupe of beers and ready for bed 😜

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Did Tryfan today. A great walk with a grade 1 scramble in. Really bloody warm too which took me a bit by surprise. 

Just had a pizza and.a coupe of beers and ready for bed 😜

One of my favourite hills, Tryfan.

Did you do the Adam and Eve jump at the top? 
IMG_3509.jpeg.a2f1af01c132c4e2f5b07082eaf68702.jpeg

• Like 1

Think Pen y Fan may be a bit underwhelming after Tryfan on a nice day (not to decry the former, more to praise the latter) . I climbed it on the day peg boy Will married Cath, cheers for the bank holiday mate. Think I did Bristly ridge as well and got the Jimmy legs. Always wanted to do more scrambling but had a habit of turning to jelly. Striding Edge probably my limit now. 

Anyway, enjoy!