Holidays 2024

McFaul

9 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Wife’s gone to the room and I’m sitting feeling very pleased with myself having learned how to take  selfies using my watch to launch the camera :lol: 

Getting some strange looks from afar.

TBH, the first few goes were like

IMG_6156.thumb.jpeg.bc9f5beb86bfd58a47257b18d39229a6.jpeg

I was up the road at Prologue cycles at lunch. 

Enjoy your stay. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

In Rome at the moment. Pretty much every cafe and bar sells bottles of Tennents Super, very odd. I think it is considered a craft beer here rather than it’s true purpose of keeping tramps warm.

Scottish jakey beer is probably considered exotic there, like Peroni Nastro Azzuro was here until for some inexplicable reason fake Italian beer appeared eveywhere. 

Just wait until you sit down for dinner.

image.png.f14d468363f3af83ef8f955f28787051.png

• Haha 6

37 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

In Rome at the moment. Pretty much every cafe and bar sells bottles of Tennents Super, very odd. I think it is considered a craft beer here rather than it’s true purpose of keeping tramps warm.

Tell Renton how shit Rome pizza is. 

• Haha 6

:lol: no fucking way this is true. Have you got your massive pig's trotters stuffed into a pair of those free slipper/flip flop things they give you too? 

• Haha 2

Just now, Gemmill said:

:lol: no fucking way this is true. Have you got your massive pig's trotters stuffed into a pair of those free slipper/flip flop things they give you too? 

Yes, what’s wrong with that? It is a fucking Spa town after all.

I'd love to believe that you've been sat taking selfies all afternoon with your balls hanging out the bottom of a dressing gown, but I can't bring myself to do it. 

Which means I have to believe the alternative - that you've gone out in a white terry towelling coat. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

I’m sure this guy is famous, possibly a comedian. Does anyone recognise him? It’s doing my head in :lol: 

IMG_6165.thumb.jpeg.938facf6db3b680e38c06b3adc88db16.jpeg

And I’m pretty sure it’s not Peter Withe

That’s the love child of Johnny Mercer and Alan Titchmarsh.

• Haha 3

So, just a recommendation for Harrogate. It’s ok I suppose for a 1 nighter. 

Hotel an absolute steal. White hart hotel, rooms from £50 a couple and a lovely pub (the fat badger),  attached. Loads of outdoor heated covered seating and a very good location for the town centre. Rooms are very nice as well. Cocktails are excellent according to the cruelty inspector and a canny selection of beers and real ales.

We didn’t eat here but the food getting served up looks very nice.

We ate at an Italian called Vivaldo which was superb if a bit pricey, then up to John street which has a nice selection of pubs and a few games of pool. (Won 2-1. Would have been 3-0 potted the black and white together).

it gets a solid 6.8 You’re welcome.

6 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

So, just a recommendation for Harrogate. It’s ok I suppose for a 1 nighter. 

Hotel an absolute steal. White hart hotel, rooms from £50 a couple and a lovely pub (the fat badger),  attached. Loads of outdoor heated covered seating and a very good location for the town centre. Rooms are very nice as well. Cocktails are excellent according to the cruelty inspector and a canny selection of beers and real ales.

We didn’t eat here but the food getting served up looks very nice.

We ate at an Italian called Vivaldo which was superb if a bit pricey, then up to John street which has a nice selection of pubs and a few games of pool. (Won 2-1. Would have been 3-0 potted the black and white together).

it gets a solid 6.8 You’re welcome.

It's good is the fat badger. I really enjoy working in Harrogate it's canny. Decent bars and food places. Nice place to have a wander at lunch. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

I’m sure this guy is famous, possibly a comedian. Does anyone recognise him? It’s doing my head in :lol: 

IMG_6165.thumb.jpeg.938facf6db3b680e38c06b3adc88db16.jpeg

And I’m pretty sure it’s not Peter Withe

Flicking his hair. He's definitely flirting with you CT, you dirty man! :lol:

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

We ate at an Italian called Vivaldo which was superb if a bit pricey, and you'd get your food a bit quicker if the chef didn't keep dropping to the floor clutching his face any time someone brushes past him. 

• Haha 1