Holidays 2024

McFaul

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Screenshot_20240623-093352.thumb.png.e4377dbb00ed336f7868ba52ee3eb76e.png

Look it up, you silly cracker-eating bitch! 

MF, call off your holiday. The pizzas are t "Neapolitan". They're almost exactly the same but called something different. 

Screenshot_20240623_093643_Wikipedia.jpg

Edited by Renton

Well, I've been to Northern Italy a lot but never south of Rome admittedly. Always enjoyed the pizza. Any recommendations for this Neapolitan in Newcastle? 

Edit: looks like scream for pizza. 

Edited by Renton

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well, I've been to Northern Italy a lot but never south of Rome admittedly. Always enjoyed the pizza. Any recommendations for this Neapolitan in Newcastle? 

Edit: looks like scream for pizza. 

Pizzeria Italia at four lane ends is the dog’s bollocks too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Did this take place near an alcove? 

On the corner of the canal, looking at this, mostly. 
IMG_3009.jpeg.fc24d6d322a457698a036519f83f68b6.jpeg

There’s a nice little cafe there so you can have a “wee swally “ between bombing runs :lol:

• Haha 2

On 23/06/2024 at 08:03, Monkeys Fist said:

Mrs. F. wants 4-5 days in Rome , looking at mid-September- ( to avoid the Viking flavoured daughter frying). 

I’m guessing that 5 days will be ample time to see the sights at a leisurely pace, and that, since it’s the Capital, it won’t be shut :lol:

Must see’s for me are the Coliseum, The Forum, a day getting “lost” and finding a god-level trattoria, a market, and some bang-tidy Roman flange deposits in the Wank Bank ( I have some wraparound shades which are cracking perv goggles). 

Mrs. F. wants to go to the Vatican… I’m distinctly in the “meh” camp on that one, but I’ll probably end up going. 

Any tips, must-sees I’ve not mentioned, must-avoids,  or scran recommendations? 

I went to the coliseum with the bairn but it was that hot and we were both still knackered that not even halfway through we bailed out because she wasn't going to make it. :lol: The food was tremendous everywhere we went, I'd say you're definitely better not going when it's scorchio. We got to see very little really because it's hard to get around in a wheelchair, (originally was going to be just me and the youngest going for a a few days but the wife got jealous looking so I told not to be daft and just come along). Trevi fountain is lovely and probably even better if it's not chocka, didn't get inside the Pantheon but was still impressive and the whole place is dripping with monuments and views but what took my breath away was the sheer scale of some of the stuff. We were just around the corner from the site of the circus maximus so under the hill of the Palatine which made it seem even bigger looking up. I'd love to go back but fear it's just not properly accessible enough. Also the heat plus pushing a wheelchair up and down the hills. I was absolutely fucked! :lol:

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I went to the coliseum with the bairn but it was that hot and we were both still knackered that not even halfway through we bailed out because she wasn't going to make it. :lol: The food was tremendous everywhere we went, I'd say you're definitely better not going when it's scorchio. We got to see very little really because it's hard to get around in a wheelchair, (originally was going to be just me and the youngest going for a a few days but the wife got jealous looking so I told not to be daft and just come along). Trevi fountain is lovely and probably even better if it's not chocka, didn't get inside the Parthenon but was still impressive and the whole place is dripping with monuments and views but what took my breath away was the sheer scale of some of the stuff. We were just around the corner from the site of the circus maximus so under the hill of the Palatine which made it seem even bigger looking up. I'd love to go back but fear it's just not properly accessible enough. Also the heat plus pushing a wheelchair up and down the hills. I was absolutely fucked! :lol:

Also add the ice cream is superb. 

• Like 1

Did you stay in a hotel or Airb&b mate? 

I’m leaning towards a hotel because, well, fuck doing my own dishes and that, but a nice AB&B has advantages too. 

The missus has booked us a few days in Sorrento in September which I’m very pleased about. The Amalfi Coast and Pompeii has been on my bucket list for a while now.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The missus has booked us a few days in Sorrento in September which I’m very pleased about. The Amalfi Coast and Pompeii has been on my bucket list for a while now.

Proper pizza down there. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Did you stay in a hotel or Airb&b mate? 

I’m leaning towards a hotel because, well, fuck doing my own dishes and that, but a nice AB&B has advantages too. 

We stayed at the Kolbe hotel, was a decent deal at the time and a good hotel, pretty handy if you want to be in the historic area. :good:

• Like 1

I was 40 last week so this is pretty much my last excuse to take the piss out of the grandparents with childcare.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I was 40 last week so this is pretty much my last excuse to take the piss out of the grandparents with childcare.

Without the kids anarl? :lol: You legend 

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I was 40 last week so this is pretty much my last excuse to take the piss out of the grandparents with childcare.

2860.gif.8c35c3045a5d01c794a6c346fcb47472.gif

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

My parents went to Amalfi without me when I was about 10/11. Never fully got over the abandonment and started joy riding while they were away :lol: 

• Haha 4

Well I have a two year old and a six year old so if they get up to the same sort of thing then I’ve really fucked up.

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, ewerk said:

Try a trip out to Capri, as well, for the blue grotto. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ewerk said:

Teacher GIF by ABC Network

• Haha 4