Holidays 2024

McFaul

I was gonna say that but that tree in the background suggested the English riviera to me. Also, not really a holiday is it. 

Crowds out in Tynemouth today like, first T shirt weather for a while. 

12 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Cracking weather today. Managed to get out in the garden for the first time since getting this gaff thanks to the constant fucking misery water belting down. Bottles of Mythos if anyone cares

I know someone who’s likely selling an “outdoor sofa”. 

Needs the cash as he’s spunked his savings on bitchcoins. 

• Haha 3

On 21/06/2024 at 16:25, Christmas Tree said:

Seaburn :lol: 

Could genuinely have believed you were somewhere off the Pacific Coast Highway with that photo btw, not 4 miles from Hendon. 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Could genuinely have believed you were somewhere off the Pacific Coast Highway with that photo btw, not 4 miles from Hendon. 

:lol: 

In fairness to it, it's a really nice space to spend time these days with additions like the Blacks Corner eatery and the Seaburn Inn hotel pub and like most places, infinitely better when the sun is out. Nice on a Friday teatime having a couple of pints and watching the world go buy. And brilliant for early morning dog walks at 5am - 6am. Nobody there apart from a few scattered groups of women sitting around camp fires in between cold water bathing. Gotta get your 10,000 steps in nice and early :lol: 

Mrs. F. wants 4-5 days in Rome , looking at mid-September- ( to avoid the Viking flavoured daughter frying). 

I’m guessing that 5 days will be ample time to see the sights at a leisurely pace, and that, since it’s the Capital, it won’t be shut :lol:

Must see’s for me are the Coliseum, The Forum, a day getting “lost” and finding a god-level trattoria, a market, and some bang-tidy Roman flange deposits in the Wank Bank ( I have some wraparound shades which are cracking perv goggles). 

Mrs. F. wants to go to the Vatican… I’m distinctly in the “meh” camp on that one, but I’ll probably end up going. 

Any tips, must-sees I’ve not mentioned, must-avoids,  or scran recommendations? 

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Whats made here choose there? Is she originally from this way. 

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Whats made here choose there? Is she originally from this way. 

Biddick Hall originally. My gran died at the end of last year and has lived, since the early 80s in the same house in Cleadon. She wanted my mam to have her house. There's loads of work needs doing on it, but they're hoping to get in by the autumn. 

Nice quiet cul-de-sac, and she's moving from Deckham in Gateshead, so it'll be a nice move for them. 

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Mrs. F. wants 4-5 days in Rome , looking at mid-September- ( to avoid the Viking flavoured daughter frying). 

I’m guessing that 5 days will be ample time to see the sights at a leisurely pace, and that, since it’s the Capital, it won’t be shut :lol:

Must see’s for me are the Coliseum, The Forum, a day getting “lost” and finding a god-level trattoria, a market, and some bang-tidy Roman flange deposits in the Wank Bank ( I have some wraparound shades which are cracking perv goggles). 

Mrs. F. wants to go to the Vatican… I’m distinctly in the “meh” camp on that one, but I’ll probably end up going. 

Any tips, must-sees I’ve not mentioned, must-avoids,  or scran recommendations? 

I vetoed the Vatican when I went with my lass.

Trevi fountain is absolutely swamped by tourists and is footballer's wivestastic but still worth seeing. 

But other than the places you've mentioned, I would say just wandering about and stopping in places for coffee and scran is the way to go. 

Don't bother with Roman pizza. It's like a giant water biscuit with cheese and tomato on top. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Watch Rob and Rylan's Grand Tour on iplayer. :lol:

The last episode is Rome and you might find some stuff you fancy seeing on that. 

The Trevi Fountain is basically the Rylan's teeth of Rome. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Biddick Hall originally. My gran died at the end of last year and has lived, since the early 80s in the same house in Cleadon. She wanted my mam to have her house. There's loads of work needs doing on it, but they're hoping to get in by the autumn. 

Nice quiet cul-de-sac, and she's moving from Deckham in Gateshead, so it'll be a nice move for them. 

Ah very nice. Im pretty sure I can add your gran to the list of your family I've met after 20 years running the old dears of cleadon back and forward to hairdressers etc.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Watch Rob and Rylan's Grand Tour on iplayer. :lol:

The last episode is Rome and you might find some stuff you fancy seeing on that. 

The Trevi Fountain is basically the Rylan's teeth of Rome. 

Aye, I’m prepared to be cattle-herded around the Coliseum, but am I fuck standing 6 deep watching some tart pose for The Gram* in front of a fucking fountain :lol:

I quite fancy seeing the Catacombs, there seems to be quite a few different ones so I’ll look in to that. 

I’ve heard from several folk that Roman pizza is a bit shite, Fist Jnr will be devastated :lol:

* when we were in Brüges , we made it a little game to see how many Instatwats we could photobomb just as they were about to click the shutter- you’d think their duck lips couldn’t get any poutier, but after the third time of me wandering in to frame whilst adjusting the Jewels, believe me, they can :lol:

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

and she's moving from Deckham in Gateshead

I thought she lived next door to the Wolf of Bong Street? 

36 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: Nobody there apart from a few scattered groups of women sitting around camp fires in between cold water bathing. Gotta get your 10,000 steps in nice and early :lol: 

Nipples like rivets on an oil tanker.

Edited by Toonpack
  • Haha 5

30 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Aye, I’m prepared to be cattle-herded around the Coliseum, but am I fuck standing 6 deep watching some tart pose for The Gram* in front of a fucking fountain :lol:

I quite fancy seeing the Catacombs, there seems to be quite a few different ones so I’ll look in to that. 

I’ve heard from several folk that Roman pizza is a bit shite, Fist Jnr will be devastated :lol:

* when we were in Brüges , we made it a little game to see how many Instatwats we could photobomb just as they were about to click the shutter- you’d think their duck lips couldn’t get any poutier, but after the third time of me wandering in to frame whilst adjusting the Jewels, believe me, they can :lol:

Rome also has some nice parks. You can buy chilled beer from the many ice cream vans and kiosks you'll find. Grab one and chill out. 

Like most Italian cities, it's one that isn't overrated. It's fucking amazing. Mind, I went in 2006 or something in a heatwave in June and it wasn't that busy then, Trevi fountain was okay and tbh I'd just do it. Probably give the Vatican a swerve mind as I suspect you'll react like Damian from the Omen being dragged to church and spontaneously combust. 

Oh, the pizza is great too, same as everywhere in Italy. Ignore Gemmill who wants 3 inches of dough on his Chicago Town. 

• Haha 5

40 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Did this take place near an alcove? 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I thought she lived next door to the Wolf of Bong Street? 

Nah that's my dad. I'm a product of a broken home. 😭

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

Rome also has some nice parks. You can buy chilled beer from the many ice cream vans and kiosks you'll find. Grab one and chill out. 

Like most Italian cities, it's one that isn't overrated. It's fucking amazing. Mind, I went in 2006 or something in a heatwave in June and it wasn't that busy then, Trevi fountain was okay and tbh I'd just do it. Probably give the Vatican a swerve mind as I suspect you'll react like Damian from the Omen being dragged to church and spontaneously combust. 

Oh, the pizza is great too, same as everywhere in Italy. Ignore Gemmill who wants 3 inches of dough on his Chicago Town. 

Neapolitan pizza is proper pizza. Roman pizza is cheese on crackers. Absolutely CLASSIC RENTON that you don't know this. 

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

What the fuck is this? Dr Oetker got a new range out? 

Strawberry, vanilla and chocolate pizza, obvs 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

What the fuck is this? Dr Oetker got a new range out? 

Screenshot_20240623-093352.thumb.png.e4377dbb00ed336f7868ba52ee3eb76e.png

Look it up, you silly cracker-eating bitch!