Holidays 2024

McFaul

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

aye: the top pic is lauterbrunnen, the second two are looking down from Beatenburg above Interlaken. Magical place  

Did you see any of the mad bastard wingsuit lads flinging themselves off the cliffs at Lauterbrunnen? 

35 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Did you see any of the mad bastard wingsuit lads flinging themselves off the cliffs at Lauterbrunnen? 

nah. Plenty of paragliders though 

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Shit scary just watching the footage of that 

• Like 1

On 03/07/2023 at 18:11, PaddockLad said:

I mean look at this, they had to build the motorway at virtually its highest point around this farm because the pig ignorant awkward Yorkshire bastard of a farmer wouldn’t accept the compulsory purchase order for all the money on the fuckin planet :lol: 

IMG_2220.jpeg

I'll see you and raise you.

• Like 2

I'm gonna be in the UK for the first time in 20 years this November.  Three days in London and three in Stocksfield.  What should we make sure we don't miss in the the Northeast?  

4 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Stadium tour

The stadium itself hasn’t changed much, other than having the foul stench of Ashley removed, but the Gallowgate area around it is very different to what it was in 2003. 

If you like a bit of beer, Ouseburn has the same old stalwarts and a few new bars/taprooms too. 

The Fish Quay is a bit better served with eateries and drinkeries than it was too. 

I’d have recommended Riley’s Fish Shack on the beach at King Edwards Bay but I don’t know if it’s open in winter? There’s a place at the Tynemouth end of Longsands which probably wasn’t there either, The View, but I’ve no idea if it’s any good? 

The city centre is as it was, but there’s loads of new places to eat and drink- The Grainger Market is a great place to go for a lunch if your in during the day. 

There’s an Outdoor Sofa in Boldon too, which is on the list of Worlds Most Minging Places, worth avoiding. 

• Haha 9

17 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Don’t forget to take a tour of the finest shopping centres: The Bridges, The Galleries and Shield’s Road Meme Reaction GIF

Or, if you want to chance bumping into the famous HMHM, the Forum. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Or, if you want to chance bumping into the famous HMHM, the Forum. 

Gloom’s post made me think of The Forum. Which in turn made me think of that stat about the north east being worse off than Eastern Europe 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

Psalm 23:4 ;) 

'tis easier to enter the kingdom of heaven than to walk through the forum on the way to the post office on Wallsend high street.'

johnmosedale-5723_zpsf6e8c906.jpg.2a7ed262637853f4f99f4a822a13df25.jpg

Kevin 92:93

• Haha 7

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024