Donald Trump

Anorthernsoul

7 hours ago, Gemmill said:

The stuff with him talking about Arnold Palmer's knob was incredible. 

I'm fucking sick of listening to once serious commentators wondering aloud why Trump is treated differently to any other candidate, and then seconds later giggling away about his latest nonsense, seemingly oblivious to the answer that they're providing to their own question. 

I'm talking about Emily Maitlis and Jon Sopel, who talk a good game about not wanting Trump to win, but I think they secretly realise that they're down a podcast if Harris wins. 

I don't think that's fair, of course Trump winning is better copy but they know the real consequences of him winning more than most. It's not like either haven't given Republicans hard times and been abused for it in the recent past. 

And btw they're right. It simply is unbelievable Trump can talk about a dead man's penis like this and not be censored for it. It's like we're living in some kind of alternate reality here. Are they supposed to not mention this latest insanity, not mention the bizarre double standards at play? I dunno how you handle Trump now. As I and many others have said, the real concern isn't Trump, it's the American public imo. Even in the event of a peaceful Harris win, it doesn't feel to me the US can come back from this insanity. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Renton said:

I don't think that's fair, of course Trump winning is better copy but they know the real consequences of him winning more than most. It's not like either haven't given Republicans hard times and been abused for it in the recent past. 

And btw they're right. It simply is unbelievable Trump can talk about a dead man's penis like this and not be censored for it. It's like we're living in some kind of alternate reality here. Are they supposed to not mention this latest insanity, not mention the bizarre double standards at play? I dunno how you handle Trump now. As I and many others have said, the real concern isn't Trump, it's the American public imo. Even in the event of a peaceful Harris win, it doesn't feel to me the US can come back from this insanity. 

You've completely misunderstood my point. Of course it's ridiculous that Trump can talk about Palmer's knob and nobody care.

But they'll spend 20 minutes of an episode talking about whether Harris is doing enough to convince the electorate about her economic plans, then play Trump's Arnold Palmer clip and have a good giggle. And then wonder out loud about the double standard in the way the two are treated, having just demonstrated the double standard in full effect. 

Sopel will spend 5 minutes an episode talking about what an incredible political performer Trump is, and how he has this nose for what to say when, when the truth is he can say whatever he likes and his base will lap it up. 

• Like 2

Rumours abound of a big story breaking. If true - It appears Trump groped a donors young daughter, in front of her parents, at a fundraiser and there’s pictures/video. Won’t sway MAGA cultists but certainly won’t play well with undecideds (the fact there are any undecideds boggles my mind).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

You've completely misunderstood my point. Of course it's ridiculous that Trump can talk about Palmer's knob and nobody care.

But they'll spend 20 minutes of an episode talking about whether Harris is doing enough to convince the electorate about her economic plans, then play Trump's Arnold Palmer clip and have a good giggle. And then wonder out loud about the double standard in the way the two are treated, having just demonstrated the double standard in full effect. 

Sopel will spend 5 minutes an episode talking about what an incredible political performer Trump is, and how he has this nose for what to say when, when the truth is he can say whatever he likes and his base will lap it up. 

The question to the last point is why? Sopel and Maitlis don't understand it, I don't understand it, you don't understand it. As I said in my previous post, the real problem isn't Trump, it's the American public, which is much more worrying. Even if you treat the symptom, the disease is still there. And we are also infected. 

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

No, that’s older news, this is a recent transgression evidently:

Can't see this making any difference, for reasons discussed. Everyone knows he is a rapist, they just don't care. Wasn't it Trump himself who said he could murder someone in broad daylight and still get away with it? He was right. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

I think if there's video of him groping a young lass, that makes a difference. Not to 40% of the country who'll still vote for him, but enough to swing the election. 

Well, fingers crossed I guess. :pray:

Mad it has anywhere near come to this. I'm gonna me more stressed on bonfire night than I was in our last GE, and that ended up in me having an alcoholic crisis!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

The question to the last point is why? Sopel and Maitlis don't understand it, I don't understand it, you don't understand it. As I said in my previous post, the real problem isn't Trump, it's the American public, which is much more worrying. Even if you treat the symptom, the disease is still there. And we are also infected. 

No. The question to the last point is why is Sopel claiming that Trump is an incredible political performer who knows exactly what to say. He isn't. 

Following the debate, the News Agents wondered aloud whether Trump said the "they're eating the dogs" line in the debate because he wanted America to be focused on that, rather than the fact he lost the debate. 

So. During a debate which he hadn't yet lost, the genius political performer dropped in the sort of batshit line that falls out of his gob at every rally, but it wasn't because he's a mentally ill fascist, it's because he's a genius political performer who knew exactly what to say to distract from Harris winning a debate that was still ongoing. Wtf are they on about. 

It's embarrassing man. The media does not know how to cover this man. It hasn't from the start. And that is a big part of the reason why the American public aren't getting the message on him. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

No. The question to the last point is why is Sopel claiming that Trump is an incredible political performer who knows exactly what to say. He isn't. 

Following the debate, the News Agents wondered aloud whether Trump said the "they're eating the dogs" line in the debate because he wanted America to be focused on that, rather than the fact he lost the debate. 

So. During a debate which he hadn't yet lost, the genius political performer dropped in the sort of batshit line that falls out of his gob at every rally, but it wasn't because he's a mentally ill fascist, it's because he's a genius political performer who knew exactly what to say to distract from Harris winning a debate that was still ongoing. Wtf are they on about. 

It's embarrassing man. The media does not know how to cover this man. It hasn't from the start. And that is a big part of the reason why the American public aren't getting the message on him. 

Okay, I get your point now. But if he's not a genius, not even an accidental one (and I don't think he is either), then again that leads us down the line of what the fuck is wrong with his suppporters, and, even more so, the small number of remaining fence sitters. Of course, you're not allowed to say they are just immoral, degenerate, thick as pigshit racists. But most of them are. The rest are also moral vacuums who only care about their personal wealth. I'd like the MSM et al. to have more courage facing this issue. 

I wouldn't even have heard of this Arnold Palmer schtick if it wasn't for the news agents btw. It is kind of entertaining in a sick way. They can't really talk about policy, because there is none. 

24 minutes ago, Renton said:

Can't see this making any difference, for reasons discussed. Everyone knows he is a rapist, they just don't care. Wasn't it Trump himself who said he could murder someone in broad daylight and still get away with it? He was right. 

It won't swing his base (the morons) but it could definitely sway the middle ground/undecideds. IF it's all true.

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

Okay, I get your point now. But if he's not a genius, not even an accidental one (and I don't think he is either), then again that leads us down the line of what the fuck is wrong with his suppporters, and, even more so, the small number of remaining fence sitters. Of course, you're not allowed to say they are just immoral, degenerate, thick as pigshit racists. But most of them are. The rest are also moral vacuums who only care about their personal wealth. I'd like the MSM et al. to have more courage facing this issue. 

I wouldn't even have heard of this Arnold Palmer schtick if it wasn't for the news agents btw. It is kind of entertaining in a sick way. They can't really talk about policy, because there is none. 

There's a huge swathe of people who's lives aren't great and it is ALWAYS someone else's fault, he just feeds that (as do reform, Britain First etc here).

Just now, Toonpack said:

There's a huge swathe of people who's lives aren't great and it is ALWAYS someone else's fault, he just feeds that (as do reform, Britain First etc here).

I was thinking about this and you're right, especially about things like health care in the US. But at the same time, I think for the vast majority their lives are comfortable enough. Which is why I think if Trump loses there won't be civil war or major insurrection, because these people have got things to lose and do not want to go to prison. We've always had relative poverty. We've never before had charlatans like Trump and Farage. The answer lies somewhere else imo, most notably the spread of disinformation via social media. 

• Like 2

Two reasons why Trump is probably going to win.

Firstly he has managed to get the election to be about immigration which is always a winner to get massive chunks of the population riled up. 

The less we'll off get to blame someone else and the better off are terrified of losing what they have

The Dems have failed to get the story away from immigration so they are fighting on Trumps territory

Secondly people hate people who are not authentic, and Trump may be a racist paedophile rapist, but he is undoubtedly himself. He's not putting on an act - that's exactly who he is

2 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Two reasons why Trump is probably going to win.

Firstly he has managed to get the election to be about immigration which is always a winner to get massive chunks of the population riled up. 

The less we'll off get to blame someone else and the better off are terrified of losing what they have

The Dems have failed to get the story away from immigration so they are fighting on Trumps territory

Secondly people hate people who are not authentic, and Trump may be a racist paedophile rapist, but he is undoubtedly himself. He's not putting on an act - that's exactly who he is

The anti-abortion, bible bashing man of the people thing isn't an act? It is like.

It's just that USA has higher chin dribblers per capita that buy into what is a very easily provable lie.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

I was thinking about this and you're right, especially about things like health care in the US. But at the same time, I think for the vast majority their lives are comfortable enough. Which is why I think if Trump loses there won't be civil war or major insurrection, because these people have got things to lose and do not want to go to prison. We've always had relative poverty. We've never before had charlatans like Trump and Farage. The answer lies somewhere else imo, most notably the spread of disinformation via social media. 

That's the thing, SM allows those who feel hard done by to be fed "it's immigrants/the elite/deep state's fault" relentlessly it's basically military grade Psyops.

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

MAGA commentators trying to get ahead of whatever it is and going all "there's a deepfake/AI coming, ignore it" there is definitely something afoot.

The good thing about this is that it should then lead to a "Okay, well what about this? Is that deep fake too? Or this? How about this one?"

There is so much evidence of him doing this sort of shit that and it's long overdue a rerun. It'll keep the idiots distracted until the end of the election.

I think it's about time someone dug up the court documents from when he was sued in a joint rape case with Epstein against a literal child.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

The anti-abortion, bible bashing man of the people thing isn't an act? It is like.

It's just that USA has higher chin dribblers per capita that buy into what is a very easily provable lie.

Aye, also Trump isn't a member of the elite, isn't a billionaire etc? He's completely inauthentic and, I would have thought for most sane people, repulsive. But obviously I'm worng here. 

There's aslo stuff about him not wanting to be photographed with amputee veterans, who he has called "losers" (this coming from a draft dodger). If as many of his close aides hate him as is thought (and as I would imagine), I wish they were more savvy and recorded him occasionally. 

• Like 1