Donald Trump

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was listening to that podcast with Scaramucci Wyki linked to where he says Trump may drop out. Here's fucking hoping.

I am really liking this Tim Waltz guy. Ex veteran, football coach, kills wild things with his gun and wears a cammo hat to keep the loopy rural Americans happy. Gives free meals to poor kids though the communist bastard. But he nails it here for me, surely this will resonate with a lot of Americans?

Edited by Renton
  • Like 4

She's 3 points up in the Marist poll that came out yesterday. 

Trump has called a "general news conference" at Mar A Lago later. Who fucking knows what the prick has to say, but I doubt it's gonna help his polling numbers. 

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Trump has called a "general news conference" at Mar A Lago later. Who fucking knows what the prick has to say, but I doubt it's gonna help his polling numbers. 

Well he's had his say on Hannibal Lecter, so I can only assume he's going go off on one about Hans Gruber

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

As per Scaramucci, he's resigning due to "ill health" whilst seeking a plea deal to keep himself out of prison. Maybe. :)

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

That podcast is in my rotation already and I think Scaramucci is wide of the mark with that one. 

ORLY?

image.png.dd2805bc94a33384abf234f12ef0d454.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Fair play. Particularly the point about the media that is now going ¥wait Trump did a news conference, why won't Harris do a news conference". Because it's not only the stupid question, it's the fact that she'll be held to an entirely different standard if she does hold a news conference. Starting with, they'll expect her to tell the basic truth, and they'll cover it ad nauseum if she doesn't. 

Trump just freewheels for an hour of pure horseshit, and they all come away rubbing their bellies like they've just had a great meal. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Fair play. Particularly the point about the media that is now going ¥wait Trump did a news conference, why won't Harris do a news conference". Because it's not only the stupid question, it's the fact that she'll be held to an entirely different standard if she does hold a news conference. Starting with, they'll expect her to tell the basic truth, and they'll cover it ad nauseum if she doesn't. 

Trump just freewheels for an hour of pure horseshit, and they all come away rubbing their bellies like they've just had a great meal. 

He's got a point but I don't agree its "2016 all over again", The vibes very much are beginning to feel like its 2008 all again to me.

We all know Trump lies non-stop. People who don't realise this or don't care by now are lost. Let's pray their isn't wnough of these people and I don't think there are. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Renton said:

He's got a point but I don't agree its "2016 all over again", The vibes very much are beginning to feel like its 2008 all again to me.

We all know Trump lies non-stop. People who don't realise this or don't care by now are lost. Let's pray their isn't wnough of these people and I don't think there are. 

He's talking specifically about the reporting of Trump when he says it's 2016 all over again.

Trump announcing a press conference and all of the news channels dropping everything to air it in full, and completely unchallenged. 

It's also way to soon to be talking about this as 2008. It's still a coin flip and we're at the high watermark of Harris's bounce. Things could still go either way from.here.

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He's talking specifically about the reporting of Trump when he says it's 2016 all over again.

Trump announcing a press conference and all of the news channels dropping everything to air it in full, and completely unchallenged. 

It's also way to soon to be talking about this as 2008. It's still a coin flip and we're at the high watermark of Harris's bounce. Things could still go either way from.here.

Things certainly might go sour. But just at the moment, the Democrats feel to me they are very much on the upward trajectory and I think the VP choice is quite inspired. Also, since 2016 the base demographic base has shifted considerably in favour of the democrats. Just likein this country, post Brexit. I'm not celebrating yet by any means, but I am hopeful. 

The US media don't challenge Trump much on his lies, for sure. But in fact, other than Fox, who does Trump have on the MSM side? Serious question, I don't know. 

He's got the old print media like the NYT and the Washington Post. The NYT in particular is supportive.

I think these papers have looked at their clicks and sales from 2016 to 2020 compared to the last 4 years, and have realised that Trump is good for their bottom line. 

Was reading an article yesterday which I'll post if I come across it again. About how Trump, particularly in Georgia, has a set of extremely compliant and extremely bent county employees who are intent on just refusing to certify the results of certain counties, thus tying the state result and the national result up in the courts. 

Not sure how that all plays out, but it would be great if Harris won big so they could just let nonsense like that play out while she already has the electoral college votes needed. 

• Like 1