Donald Trump

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

If they replaced Biden with Newsom or Whitmer, they would walk the election. The country would breathe a huge sigh of relief to be presented a young, vibrant candidate, and the difference when stood alongside Trump would jar people into voting for the Democrat.

Fucking ridiculous to be leaving it to hope that Biden can squeak through and not descend into full senility between now and November. 

They should take Trump up on giving Biden a senility test. If he fails it, get rid. The irony for Trump getting slaughtered by a much younger predecessor would be delicious. 

"You answered every question!" 

Fucking embarrassing this. It's the Huggies Pull-Ups "I'm a Big Boy Now!" award ceremony. 

If, as is widely suggested, she is the only person who could convince him to stand down, she should be ashamed of herself if he's still there in November. 

• Like 1

We're in trouble with this. This clamour for Democrats now to pick someone else... I mean it's not going to happen is it? There isn't time for them to get someone bedded into the public consciousness quick enough.

How much longer do we have to put up with these selfish old people sacrificing the rest of us for their stupid egos. Biden is 80 ffs. It is ludicrous that they've allowed him to go this long.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, spongebob toonpants said:

It's absolutely horrifying. There's no way he should be allowed to run. There's also no way I can see that he can win

Agreed, same for Trump though. November is still 4 months away, he might experience even more cognitive decline over that period. I don't think he has Alzheimers or anythingother than just old age, but fuck me, this is one of the most demanding jobs in the World, and the most important. And THIS is the best the US can offer? Country is completely fucked.

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Agreed, same for Trump though. November is still 4 months away, he might experience even more cognitive decline over that period. I don't think he has Alzheimers or anythingother than just old age, but fuck me, this is one of the most demanding jobs in the World, and the most important. And THIS is the best the US can offer? Country is completely fucked.

Can you imagine the state Biden will be in in another four years time.

Trump doesn't seem that much different to what he's always been I imagine he will carry in the same vein until his heart goes pop

Desperate times

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Trump doesn't seem that much different to what he's always been I imagine he will carry in the same vein until his heart goes pop

Desperate times

Not sure about Trump, he's in fairly obvious decline too. Ironically it would not surprise me if he took some performance enhancing drugs for this. 

Ultimately this situation comes down to the cowardice of both parties and a democratic system not fit for purpose in the 21st century. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Desperate times

I reckon neither survives the 4 years if they are voted in. Trump is fucking obese, as well as old and Biden looks like he's caught a glimpse of the reaper out the corner of his eye whenever he's not speaking. I reckon either's choice of VP will be sworn in after two years. With Trump he'll have had about 5 VP's in that time frame so it will be someone completely appalling after the 4 previous thundercunts decide they can't work with him anymore.

• Like 1

Isn't there a stat that no party has been re-elected when a president has stepped down after a single term?

The biggest problem is by having people over 70 as candidates (you could probably make that age 60 with the current rate of decline of the planet) is the fact they are highly unlikely to actually live long enough to suffer the consequences of their actions as president.

Just finished listening to an emergency podcast from News Agents USA. Jon Sopel reckons Biden will be replaced now. Emily Maitlis not so sure. I hope Jon is right, he is probably the most experienced in US politics so fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, sammynb said:

Isn't there a stat that no party has been re-elected when a president has stepped down after a single term?

The frustrating thing is, almost any candidate, save the VP, would wipe the floor with Trump if the democrats got their act together. It wouldn't even be close. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renton said:

The frustrating thing is, almost any candidate, save the VP, would wipe the floor with Trump if the democrats got their act together. It wouldn't even be close. 

There's stuff on twitter saying basically good luck with the black vote if you dispose of Kamala Harris in favour of the white dude from California. 

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

There's stuff on twitter saying basically good luck with the black vote if you dispose of Kamala Harris in favour of the white dude from California. 

Sopel just said get a black dude in as VP and problem sorted. I mean ffs, Obama wasn't that long ago. 

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Gene Wilder / Richard Pryor. 

Dream ticket. Just need to bring them back from the dead. 

Genuinely cried laughing watching some of the scenes in that. :lol:

• Haha 2

When I worked at PwC, they give you like a mentor manager type person. Mine was this manc lad that drove a Subaru Impreza and had hair like Foden. Ahead of his time. 

His advice to me was that I needed to establish a reputation where people thought "This is Gemmill and Gemmill doesn't take any shit" and all I could think of as he was saying it was that scene.

Me strutting from side to side and saying "Nooo shit. No shit Rick.... I'll take a little bit of shit, don't take much shit" :lol:

• Haha 3

Just now, Gemmill said:

When I worked at PwC, they give you like a mentor manager type person. Mine was this manc lad that drove a Subaru Impreza and had hair like Foden. Ahead of his time. 

His advice to me was that I needed to establish a reputation where people thought "This is Gemmill and Gemmill doesn't take any shit" and all I could think of as he was saying it was that scene.

Me strutting from side to side and saying "Nooo shit. No shit Rick.... I'll take a little bit of shit, don't take much shit" :lol:

:lol:

We used to go to loads of away games when we were about 15-16 and used to wind up one of our number who was fucking mental. We'd all pretend to do the 'no shit' line getting off the football special train at Seaburn or the one at Thornaby for Boro etc but then hold back a bit as the daft lad went strutting along the road to wherever we were continually saying 'no shit' and staring at everyone. :lol:

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol:

We used to go to loads of away games when we were about 15-16 and used to wind up one of our number who was fucking mental. We'd all pretend to do the 'no shit' line getting off the football special train at Seaburn or the one at Thornaby for Boro etc but then hold back a bit as the daft lad went strutting along the road to wherever we were continually saying 'no shit' and staring at everyone. :lol:

Pleased to hear that scene was a big feature in other people's youths too. :lol:

• Haha 2