Donald Trump

Anorthernsoul

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Given that Christians have the cross their boy died on, let’s hope that Trump dies emptying his guts on the bog, eh? 

Although that might be seen as diminishing the memory of Elvis. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The start of the News Agents tonight. They play a clip of Harris on Anderson Cooper, agreeing that Trump is a fascist and saying that the people that have worked with him previously should be listened to and believe. 

Maitlis: what does this tell us about the state of the race? 

Sopel: it tells us that Kamala Harris still hasn't worked out how to land a blow on Donald Trump. 

:lol:

I don't know how that is his interpretation, but there we have it. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The start of the News Agents tonight. They play a clip of Harris on Anderson Cooper, agreeing that Trump is a fascist and saying that the people that have worked with him previously should be listened to and believe. 

Maitlis: what does this tell us about the state of the race? 

Sopel: it tells us that Kamala Harris still hasn't worked out how to land a blow on Donald Trump. 

I don't know how that is his interpretation, but there we have it. 

Did you get a portion of lovely chips from the Great North chippy, only for Sopel to wander over, unzip himself, and micturate on them? 

Haven't heard this yet but to me it sounds like he's saying Trump is impervious to these types of attacks, which he does seem to be. I'll give you a full review later. 👍

13 hours ago, Renton said:

Did you get a portion of lovely chips from the Great North chippy, only for Sopel to wander over, unzip himself, and micturate on them? 

Haven't heard this yet but to me it sounds like he's saying Trump is impervious to these types of attacks, which he does seem to be. I'll give you a full review later. 👍

Trump is a fan of Hitler, says "he did a lot of good things". He says he needs his generals to be more like Hitler's generals. His former Chief of Staff, a West Point graduate, has broken cover to go on the record with this information, describing Trump as a fascist. Harris says she agrees and that these people should be listened to. 

Sopel's interpretation: the Dems STILL aren't getting their messaging right. 

Later in the episode, Maitlis chuckles while she announces that "there's a story about him groping another young girl, and we're not even covering it because we've heard it all before."

These are meant to be the cream of the crop of British journalists.

• Like 1

Just now, Gemmill said:

Trump is a fan of Hitler, says "he did a lot of good things". He says he needs his generals to be more like Hitler's generals. His former Chief of Staff, a West Point graduate, has broken cover to go on the record with this information, describing Trump as a fascist. Harris says she agrees and that these people should be listened to. 

Later in the episode, Maitlis chuckles while she announces that "there's a story about him groping another young girl, and we're not even covering it because we've heard it all before."

A year or two ago Maitlis was arguably the best we had in the field. Giggling about a bloke molesting a child, and not covering it because it's not the first time is Piers Morgan territory - I mean she fucking literally made the nonce prince squirm for this exact thing - All because Trump would make a more interesting talking point as president. It's pretty fucking pathetic.

In all honesty I don't even think Morgan would defend him if that video does come out, which makes her reaction all the worse.

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

So I listened to it. For context, what Sopel meant in your initial complaint was that Harris's previous strategy of painting Trump as some weirdo (and by extension, relatively harmless) wasn't getting any cut through so now she is going for more direct attacks about how dangerous he is. I think that's probably a fair analysis. 

Maitlis didn't chuckle any more than her usual mannerisms. Again, she highlights the absurdity of the situation, that something that should be shocking news is now mundane. Again, I agree. 

Like literally everyone, the Newsagents occasionally irritate me but personally I like their US coverage. They're still a commercial platform designed to encourage traffic. But, there's so many other things to be angry about at the minute, the Newsagents aren't one of them. 

Was unclear whether she was talking about the rumour or the published story about the young model from the 90s. I assumed the latter tbh, but given that they made the decision not to bother covering it, it was hard to tell. 

8 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

A year or two ago Maitlis was arguably the best we had in the field. Giggling about a bloke molesting a child, and not covering it because it's not the first time is Piers Morgan territory - I mean she fucking literally made the nonce prince squirm for this exact thing - All because Trump would make a more interesting talking point as president. It's pretty fucking pathetic.

In all honesty I don't even think Morgan would defend him if that video does come out, which makes her reaction all the worse.

Nobody has seen this video though, and she's not interviewing the perpetrator of the alleged abuse. 

It still amazes me people see that level of narcissism and sycophancy and think "yeah, that's for me. Yeee Haaah!". My opinion of the American people has never been lower. 

• Like 2