Donald Trump

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Trump coming back in the polling now. Harris's lead is dropping below 3 points nationally.

Get fucked, America, you absolute jokers.

People assumed she'd outline something different to Biden so were enthused. Now she's confirmed no change. 

Something I try to keep explaining to my arab/muslim friends here many of whom seem to think voting for Trump is punishing Biden for the Gaza genocide. While the democrats definitely need to be accountable for that Trump really isn't the answer to any question ffs :lol: 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Trump coming back in the polling now. Harris's lead is dropping below 3 points nationally.

The voting system is so rigged towards the Republicans Harris needs to be plus 6% before you can have any sort of hope never mind confidence

I seem to remember Biden was 6 points ahead and barely squeaked in

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

I was reading there about Beyoncé not getting nominated for a Country Music Award but one of the people who was nominated was a singer who was ‘cancelled’ a few years ago for using the N word. After that radio stations stopped playing his songs and the record company dropped him etc but after the furore died down it all went back to normal. The interesting thing though was that immediately after the controversy broke his record sales increased 100% in the following week.

This is the sort of people you’re dealing with.

• Like 4

On 08/09/2024 at 16:48, Gemmill said:

Ted Cruz is about as uncharismatic a candidate as you could choose. Vance was supposed to be the successor and he stinks the place out at the rallies.

Trump is a unique character. He's a non career politician, bizarre product of the 80s. Basically a TV character, genuinely funny, he chats wild shit, tells provable lies, and gets away with all of it. I really don't think that's gonna be very easy to replace. 

If he wins he’ll choose his own successor…and he won’t be leaving office unless it’s in a box…

IMG_5584.jpeg

• Like 2

:lol: how many wanks have you had over that Kendzior lass. Be honest here. 

Anyway I'm talking about if he loses, the Republicans are fucked. If he wins, everyone's fucked. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

:lol: how many wanks have you had over that Kendzior lass. Be honest here. 

Anyway I'm talking about if he loses, the Republicans are fucked. If he wins, everyone's fucked. 

I keep quoting her so the likes of your good self start to understand his true nature. I understand you talking about his “game show” appeal to voters, you’re not wrong but it does rather obscure the fact the the man is a fuckin gangster, and there you are playing it down/ignoring it/shooting the messenger again… 

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I keep quoting her so the likes of your good self start to understand his true nature. I understand you talking about his “game show” appeal to voters, you’re not wrong but it does rather obscure the fact the the man is a fuckin gangster, and there you are playing it down/ignoring it/shooting the messenger again… 

What are you talking about? I know exactly what the bloke is. I'm not playing it down at all, I'm not shooting the messenger, and I'm not even disagreeing with you that he behaves like the leader of a crime family. 

I don't believe that he can be easily replaced with a successor, that's all we're disagreeing on. 

Voters don't like him because he's a gangster. They like him because he's a showman. A fairly unique showman in a political setting. That's not remotely easy to replace. He can pick his successor, but he tried that with Vance and the bloke can parrot all of the Trump lines, but he has quickly been exposed as a charisma vacuum. The Trump base doesn't want someone doing the Trump lines, they want Trump. 

Just now, PaddockLad said:

And she’s hardly alone in documenting what a great deal of trouble we’re truly in…

the truth is out there GIF

IMG_5587.jpeg.e2fec32943227a35117a893f3620cb42.jpegIMG_5586.thumb.jpeg.09b3165bc06a93c89ae500c03c2aa419.jpeg

IMG_5589.jpeg

I don't know who you think needs telling that Trump winning again is a really bad thing, but it's not me. 

Just a point of pedantry re. Trump being funny. 

He’s not funny, he’s laughable. 

Mainly because he completely lacks a sense of humour. 

Obama is funny, he has a dry wit. Bush is funny, he plays up his Good Ole Boy persona- they have a sense of humour, and crucially, can laugh at themselves. 

I honestly can’t think of a single instance where I’ve seen Trump laughing at himself or someone else making a joke. 

• Like 3

Newsagents on it today. I try not to think about it. I mean, we had Johnson, but the system and people in this country ultimately worked and turfed him out on his arse. Trump though? I just cannot get my head round why anyone would vote for that putrid mess, even before considering the threat to democracy, no, the end of democracy, he represents. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Renton said:

Newsagents on it today. I try not to think about it. I mean, we had Johnson, but the system and people in this country ultimately worked and turfed him out on his arse. Trump though? I just cannot get my head round why anyone would vote for that putrid mess, even before considering the threat to democracy, no, the end of democracy, he represents. 

You shouldn't try to get your head around it, it will never make sense to anyone outside of America. Trump will actively quote project 2025, even after denying any involvement in it and all it does is strengthen his hand with half of the US population because they are fucking idiots.

Some old fucking yank divvy was on BBC breakfast this morning claiming he trusts Trump more than Harris over sorting out the American industrial sector because Harris "has had 3.5 years and done nothing for the industry" ignoring that Harris has spent that time as VP - so technically it's Biden who did nothing, and completely ignoring that Trump had the entire 4 years prior to that and did absolutely nothing.

They are beyond help IMO.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gemmill said:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Hope he's right. A lot riding on the debate tonight, you'd think. If Trump could have a rambling stinkfest, it would be helpful for Harris to win the lion's share of the remaining undecideds.

Btw undecided voters can get to fuck in general, but undecided voters in this situation are not fit to draw breath. 

• Like 2

Always wary of believing my Bluesky commentariat, cos these people were still telling me Biden was fine right up until he pulled out of the race, but it sounds like Harris had a very good night, and Trump a very bad one. 

Even Trump brown-noser in chief Lindsay Graham called it a disaster and said whoever did Trump's debate prep should be fired. 

Trump claiming on live national TV that in some towns immigrants are eating people's pets and that in Virginia they "let the baby be born and then make up their mind" about whether to abort it. :lol:

Aye I think the reports of a bad night for Trump might be accurate. 

14 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Trump claiming on live national TV that in some towns immigrants are eating people's pets and that in Virginia they "let the baby be born and then make up their mind" about whether to abort it. :lol:

Aye I think the reports of a bad night for Trump might be accurate. 

She baited him relentlessly and he couldn't help himself, she was openly grinning at him at times in the clips I've seen.

She said at one point (referencing Putin) he'd eat you alive.

Consensus seems to be she murdered him.

17 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Swifties for Harris, official.

She signed off her endorsement "Childless cat lady" 😂

701BBCDA-EC13-4679-9461-9C26E48D14AC.png

What have I been telling you dickheads? There's NOTHING not to like about Taylor Swift. 

N O T H I N G

33 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Jon Stewart is tremendous. 

The clip of Harris laughing at Trump as he talks about immigrants eating pets is quality. 

I tend to keep the radio on at a low level of ambient noise as I drift off to sleep at night. Last night I woke, or thought I woke, at around 2 am and they were playing this debate, at this point. Waking up this morning I wasn't sure if I had dreamt this or not, Trump claiming that IMMUGRANTS ARE EATING OUR PETZ! Yeah, turns out he did say it, and he is becoming favourite to be the next president again. Nice one America. 

https://news.sky.com/video/donald-trump-illegal-immigrants-are-eating-pets-in-springfield-13212686

Her answer on Ukraine is quality. Trump was asked if he wanted Ukraine to win the war and just said he wanted the war to be over. Wouldn't commit to wanting Ukraine to win, despite being asked several times. 

She comes on and says that if he was in power, Putin would already be in Kyiv, and eyeing the rest of Europe starting with Poland, and would Trump like to tell the 800,000 Polish Americans living in Pennsylvania how quickly he would give Polanf up for the sake of favour, and what he thinks is a friendship with Putin, a dictator who would eat him for lunch. 

I mean fucking hell, Pennsylvania is basically the keys to the white house for Harris. It's obviously a memorised answer that has been rehearsed, but she delivered it to perfection. She probably only needs 10% of that 800k to sit up and take notice to that answer. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 5