Donald Trump

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

He needs the votes of more than the MAGA-loons to win the election though. His base is not the problem, it's the independents and the swing voters, and the moderate Republicans he needs to worry about, and a lot of them look like they prefer Harris and Walz to Trump and Vance. That and the "double haters" who didn't like Biden or Trump, and now have someone else they can vote for. 

These people seem to like Harris/Walz, so you don't win them back by calling Harris and Walz names or claiming her crowd sizes are fake.

You'd have to build an argument about their policies and convince people that you're the better candidate, but Trump can't do that. 

It's looking increasingly like a lot of people are just bored with Trump's antics now. It even looks a bit like he's bored of it. 

This. Someone on OGWN made the point that most Americans just didn't want a repeat of the last elections, with both candidates even older now. The democrats have singularly broken free of these shackles. All they have to do now is look and act normal, which is easy enough, because they are fundamentally normal people. Walz also coined it calling Trump and Vance "Weird". It resonates because its obviously true. The more they get called weird, the weirder they will become. 

Honestly, I know there's a long way to go, but I don't see a way back fro Trump at this stage. 

• Like 2

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, NJS said:

That Walz looks like the most genuinely decent bloke in politics for quite a while - I hope it's not a con. 

From what I’ve read of him he’s a proper normal, decent person. He was late into politics so probably hasn’t been completely corrupted by it.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Renton said:

Just listened to the Trump Musk interview there. Has Trump had a stroke? 

Depends if he saw his daughter beforehand or not.

• Haha 6

47 minutes ago, Renton said:

Snorted what he thought was toot and ended up in a k hole.

Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction only rapier.

1 hour ago, Renton said:

One of the American papers has likened his performance to that of a "drunk Daffy Duck" :lol:

• Haha 1

Several think he has dementia, hope so, but only if he gets found guilty/imprisoned for his crimes while he still knows what day it is.

• Like 1

It would appear US “Ivy league” schools turn out the same level of great intellect as Eton etc.

Vance has said “before the 18th century immigration” there was no ethnic conflict in the US” erm…………..

• Jaysus... 2

Just now, Toonpack said:

It would appear US “Ivy league” schools turn out the same level of great intellect as Eton etc.

Vance has said “before the 18th century immigration” there was no ethnic conflict in the US” erm…………..

Good idea slagging off the Irish and Italians as well for all the crime that came over with them. Not like there's many of them in the electorate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Good idea slagging off the Irish and Italians as well for all the crime that came over with them. Not like there's many of them in the electorate.

robert de niro smoke GIF

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

Fuck me. Someone get that cunt a book on the American Indian Wars. 

I was pretty convinced that the reason he's spent the last few weeks sat around the house is cos the shooting business has affected him. Soft shite. 

I was pretty convinced that the reason he's spent the last few weeks sat around the house is cos the shooting business has affected him. Soft shite. 

Tbf what he's been through would trigger PTSD in nearly all of us. It will definitely affect him going forward and not in a good way. 

Now he's been put back in his box literally you're right it betrays his anxiety and vulnerability.