Donald Trump

Anorthernsoul

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Was reading an article yesterday which I'll post if I come across it again. About how Trump, particularly in Georgia, has a set of extremely compliant and extremely bent county employees who are intent on just refusing to certify the results of certain counties, thus tying the state result and the national result up in the courts. 

Not sure how that all plays out, but it would be great if Harris won big so they could just let nonsense like that play out while she already has the electoral college votes needed. 

Followed by jail time for all those involved, including Chief Tangoman. 

• Like 1

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 07/08/2024 at 15:47, Renton said:

Kamabla?  :lol:

What the fuck is the orange turd gibbering about? 

Hang on, I've just realised what Trump's crap nickname game reminds me of.

Rention.

manc-foplite.

:scratchchin:

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Hang on, I've just realised what Trump's crap nickname game reminds me of.

Rention.

manc-foplite.

:scratchchin:

So we actually had Donald Trump posting on Toontastic in the noughties, as well as Bridget, a potential PM? 

Makes you think. 

That froot loop would've been Trump's biggest fan. He attracts plenty of pseudo-intellectuals who have absolutely no substance in their real lives but are happy to spout off endlessly about cranium size and crime rates and natural-born citizens on the interwebs. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Was reading an article yesterday which I'll post if I come across it again. About how Trump, particularly in Georgia, has a set of extremely compliant and extremely bent county employees who are intent on just refusing to certify the results of certain counties, thus tying the state result and the national result up in the courts. 

Not sure how that all plays out, but it would be great if Harris won big so they could just let nonsense like that play out while she already has the electoral college votes needed. 

Ideally, but to me there still seems a significant % of people on the ground still pining for Trump. No idea of course how that translates into votes and I do live in Texas, but I've been surprised to meet many pro Trump numpties that have migrated from blue states since the pandemic. 

I spent 2 weeks in North Carolona once. Was an eye opener. For breakfast they get their bread out of tins. 

Never been further south, fuck knows what some of those states are like. 

episode 19 GIF

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

I spent 2 weeks in North Carolona once. Was an eye opener. For breakfast they get their bread out of tins

episode 19 GIF

I had to Google that, and I wish I hadn't :sick:

COOK WITH SUSAN: Bread in a Can?

• Haha 5
  • Jaysus... 1

9 hours ago, Renton said:

I spent 2 weeks in North Carolona once. Was an eye opener. For breakfast they get their bread out of tins. 

episode 19 GIF

deliverance GIF

17 hours ago, Renton said:

episode 19 GIF

I wouldnt mind heading south one to try a jambalaya or gumbo one day

I've been to Tennessee, Mississippi, and Louisiana. Most of the people were lovely, but we did have some odd experiences. Plantation houses with whitewashed histories are fairly standard too. 

We stayed at the old Governor's house in Jackson, Mississippi, and the entire staff was black and dressed in like proper maid / butler gear. That felt weird. 

Mad situation at a blues club which I'm sure I've mentioned on here before where my lass came back from the toilet having been befriended by some women (she was Irish, they spotted the accent, and couldn't believe ANYONE from outside would visit this dive of a place). They took us over to their table of about 10 to 12, and NO FUCKER wanted us at that table. :lol: Culminated in some prick with a mullet going "We know why y'all are here..... It's to see if white folks and black folks really CAYYYYN get along." Like we were students during the civil rights movement or something. 

That was the end of us sitting at their table. Fucking weirdos.

• Haha 2

On Keith Floyd’s series American Pie he went into the Louisiana bayous and there were people living there whose Cajun cooking he sampled and they still spoke their own version of French. This was about 35 years ago though 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Renton said:

episode 19 GIF

Tennessee road trip:

Memphis - outside of Beale Street area scary as fuck. Graceland is now "in da hood".

Nashville - Canny.

Gatlinburg/Smokey Mountains - shirtless dungarees, mullets and no teeth all over.. Confederate flags on barns, even some trailer homes had barns !! and no-one trades in their old cars, just leaves/collects them "out front". Shitloads of little white painted wooden churches.

AND the cunts don't sell liquor on a Sunday.

Always fancied a driving holiday through Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas. Have to admit despite claims of Southern hospitality I would be worried about some of the parts between. 

19 hours ago, Renton said:

episode 19 GIF

Spent some time in Georgia, Tennessee and Alabama about 20 years ago. I was asked for ID on my way into a bar in Alabama and I asked if my passport would suffice. The bouncer asked what a passport was. True story.

IMG_2459.jpeg.52bd5fa93a13df5c1f42dd48f6b81d76.jpeg

Strange fact. Jack Daniel's is made in a dry County. You can't actually buy a full sized bottle of the stuff unless you drive further afield.

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Haha 2

Most of the people were lovely. We were in one place, properly off the beaten track, where it was basically someone's house and they served ribs and fries (and nothing else) and had live music. 

We asked one of the waitresses (who was part of the family that owned the place) at the end of the night about getting a taxi, and she disappeared and came back with her car keys and drove us back to the place we were staying. 

There's some sketchy parts of the big cities, as there is in any big city. 

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Most of the people were lovely. We were in one place, properly off the beaten track, where it was basically someone's house and they served ribs and fries (and nothing else) and had live music. 

We asked one of the waitresses (who was part of the family that owned the place) at the end of the night about getting a taxi, and she disappeared and came back with her car keys and drove us back to the place we were staying. 

There's some sketchy parts of the big cities, as there is in any big city. 

I  spent a week in Huntsville, Alabama. Nice place but VERY white and seemed to have as many churches as houses. 

Pulled an absolutely cracking Southern Belle type blondie in a bar in Tennessee. Stayed friends with her on social media for a few years after and she ended marrying some Eric Trump looking rich cunt on his families estate. Total waste. She'd have loved Chester Le Street. 

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Haha 6

Americans love getting married young as well. The number of kids I worked with over there who were not long out of uni and they were either already married or were engaged. No wonder their divorce rate is so high. 

Best off to wait til you're in your thirties and choose poorly, like I did. 

• Haha 9

49 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Always fancied a driving holiday through Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas. Have to admit despite claims of Southern hospitality I would be worried about some of the parts between. 

I've never been but once met a bloke from Alabama. Having a few drinks around the pool and he told us about the trials and tribulations he had at school because of his name, he was called Hoggleswill and got absolute dogs abuse and that was just from the teachers! A few years later his younger brother was about to start school and he excitedly said, "Hoggleswill! Hoggleswill! Do you think I'm gonna like school, Hoggleswill?" Hoggleswill sighed and replied to his young sibling, "I'm not too sure you're gonna be liking it that much if I'm being honest with you, lil Chickenshit."

• Haha 4