Donald Trump

Anorthernsoul

7 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Can the GOP replace him at this stage?

I’d say the only way that’s happening is if he’s broon bread. 

• Like 2

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Whoever his handlers are must be kicking themselves they chose this fucknugget as their front man- he’s just given the game away before he’s even back in the Whitehouse :lol::lol:😆

He can’t help himself, can he? 

Any of you betting lads got any idea what odds you’d get on his gaffers trying to take him out again before the elections ? 

Aye, I think the next fella allowed to climb a roof by the secret service might be a better shot. 

The problem with that shit is he becomes a martyr. It’s better to let him unravel fully, he’ll probably die of heart disease/old age before the election anyway :lol:

• Haha 3

So what if he becomes a martyr? 

Let his slavering goons wail and cry and fill their houses with orange shrines. 

The GOP is toast once he’s out the way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah. If he gets in we’ll see that Jan 6th was a dress rehearsal  😞

4 months out from the election and he’s too deranged to keep his true intentions under wraps, probably brought on by Harris being now being nailed on as the Dem candidate . Can the GOP replace him at this stage? @Alex,  the TT US constitutional correspondent :D 

Yeah. I think they can. Like Biden being replaced by Harris might go against the party rules. But I think it’s just their own party rules rather than anything constitutional/legislative. Trump would no doubt legally challenge it though. Because it’s different (seeing as Biden stood down voluntarily). 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I suppose they could turn to Donald Junior, but it's not even the name, it's the one bloke they all love. 

He'll anoint (ooh-er) Ivanka

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

She won't want anything to do with it. She's living the life of Riley, being loaded and pretending she doesn't know her dad. 

I know but even he doesn't think junior is up to the job.

I suppose he would just be a puppet anyway. Well more than usual.

And he'll tell everyone he's doing it. 

27 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

They can't replace him because their party now exists only to serve him. I genuinely don't know what happens to the Republicans if they lose cos Trump can't run again in 4 years - he'll be fully senile by then - but as I say there isn't really a Republican party anymore. Their convention is basically TrumpCon. 

I suppose they could turn to Donald Junior, but it's not even the name, it's the one bloke they all love. 

Yeah. I think the whole cult revolves around him (and falls apart without him)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Trump can't be replaced because they've had the Republican convention where he became the official nominee 

The Democrats haven't had their convention yet so Biden resigned before the delegates had voted him in

I think they can still make changes right up until the point that they're registered on state ballots. It would be contrary to the inner workings of the party, but it would still be allowed. 

There's talk of whether Trump should swap Vance out, and if he decided he wanted to the party would go along with it. 

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

There's talk of whether Trump should swap Vance out, and if he decided he wanted to the party would go along with it. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if that was his plan all along- humiliating the bloke who dared speak against him. 

Trumps ego is only matched by its fragility. 

He’ll bring some ultra right goon late in the game hoping for a boost from the crazies. 

Party politics are wholly separate from the Constitution, which makes no mention of parties because they didn’t exist at the time and Washington argued that parties would only divide the country.

There’ll be some deadline set by each individual state (because the Constitution delegates elections to the states) as to who’s going to appear on the ballots there, and as long as those requirements are met, the parties could chop and change their nominees every day if they wanted to.

Earlier there was a question about VPs that I can answer - if the VP assumes the presidency for a period of two years or less, it doesn’t count as a term for term limits purposes, but if it’s more than 2 years, it does. If Biden resigned today, Harris would be considered to be merely serving out his term, not one of her own, so she could still run for the full 8 years.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if that was his plan all along- humiliating the bloke who dared speak against him. 

Trumps ego is only matched by its fragility. 

He’ll bring some ultra right goon late in the game hoping for a boost from the crazies. 

Isn’t that exactly what he’s done with Vance? And how many more crazies are there out there that aren’t already voting for him?

5 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’d say the only way that’s happening is if he’s broon bread. 

Like that will stop him. 

Screenshot_20240727_155327_Google.thumb.jpg.92be5fc3e56b676e9ba0083d3cc199eb.jpg

• Haha 3

On 26/07/2024 at 21:26, Gemmill said:

No kids is always a victory. 

Alreet Lucy Letby

• Haha 8

Not sure what "endorsing" means, or how quickly these will be implemented, but something need to happen given that the Supreme Court is now 60% infected with the MAGA mind virus. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Actually hes not gonna get this through the Senate is he. So it's basically a gesture and a debate generator, nothing more

It doesn't really matter in reality. It backs Trump and the maga dribblers into a corner. They've been claiming Biden is a criminal, yet they effectively gave him immunity. He's proposing to remove it - giving them free reign to arrest and charge him for any alleged crimes they keep whining about. So if they back it (which based on their own words so far they should), then they open themselves and the head of the snake to scrutiny, or they don't which completely undermines them.

It could be another masterstroke in winning back swing voters IMO - even if it's paying lip services in a practical sense.

• Like 2