Donald Trump

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 22/07/2024 at 20:21, Dazzler said:

The Lincoln project advert for Kamala Harris has just popped up on tik tok there and it goes fucking hard at Trump.

Kamala has faced men like Trump before: rapists, con men, frauds criminals. She’s used to men like Trump, used to putting them in their place.

I keep reading this…. is it true but unconfirmed?….

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

As far as I can tell Trump has said nothing of the sort. 

He said something to the effect of since Biden has dropped out the debate should be on fox because he thinks abc is biased or some shit. He hasn’t explicitly said he won’t debate her but would also not be surprised.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NJS said:

Clinton was supposedly a great lawyer but she didn't exactly tear him a new arse in the debates. 

She has as many skeletons in her closet as trump (or at least bill does) no way she could afford to go for him to the degree she was able to without getting a lot of dirty laundry aired.

He knew it too, with his smug bullshit throughout. He doesn’t seem quite so cocky this time, at least so far.

• Like 1

Plus Harris was a criminal prosecutor. Think Clinton was a corporate lawyer. Not really comparable. Nice for NJS to see the negatives again though. 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Renton said:

Plus Harris was a criminal prosecutor. Think Clinton was a corporate lawyer. Not really comparable. Nice for NJS to see the negatives again though. 👍

I just don't trust Americans to not be that stupid. 

Also the dems have had these supposedly clever people for decades and they've been completely fucked by the republicans. 

8 hours ago, NJS said:

Also the dems have had these supposedly clever people for decades and they've been completely fucked by the republicans. 

Mainly because the Dems continuously play by the rules but the MAGA GOP do not and they even create new ones to suit.

Biden has a free hand now, he should at least balance the Supreme Court, but he won't for some incomprehensible (to me) reason.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Mainly because the Dems continuously play by the rules but the MAGA GOP do not and they even create new ones to suit.

Biden has a free hand now, he should at least balance the Supreme Court, but he won't for some incomprehensible (to me) reason.

Jobs for life no? Someone has to die before they’re replaced?? …

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

I think the Republicans increased the amount of people on it to get a majority of pro-republican judges on there. So the argument goes Biden could / should do the same

• Like 2

If Harris beats Trump this time around, I don't really know what becomes of the Republican Party. Trump can't run again cos he'll be either 82 or dead by the time the next one comes around, and the party isn't a political party anymore, it's a personality death cult set up entirely to worship one man. 

I mean I couldn't give a fuck what happens to them, I just hope she wins so we can find out. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

If Harris beats Trump this time around, I don't really know what becomes of the Republican Party. Trump can't run again cos he'll be either 82 or dead by the time the next one comes around, and the party isn't a political party anymore, it's a personality death cult set up entirely to worship one man. 

I mean I couldn't give a fuck what happens to them, I just hope she wins so we can find out. 

I dunno, Vance seems pretty charismatic 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Nothing to stop a president increasing the number of judges, current set up is 6-3 to Republicans, of 6 republicans, 4 are Maga nutjobs.

It's the perfect illustration of why the judiciary should be separate from political interest.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, NJS said:

Yeah like Toonpack says, the Dems still play by the rules. Even the bloke in the clip above is trying to be measured and reasonable in his responses, Trump won't. He'll ramble and bluster, interrupt, shout down, non-sequitur and outright lie if he's ever made to answer questions the likes of which that senator was.

You saw it with Hillary, she tried to be calm and stateman-like. Trump was just a demagogue.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Nothing to stop a president increasing the number of judges, current set up is 6-3 to Republicans, of 6 republicans, 4 are Maga nutjobs.

It's the perfect illustration of why the judiciary should be separate from political interest.

Well there is the matter of getting them passed in the senate. It is quite tight in there at the moment. 

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Well there is the matter of getting them passed in the senate. It is quite tight in there at the moment. 

Executive Order - he's immune remember ;) 

10 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Yeah like Toonpack says, the Dems still play by the rules. Even the bloke in the clip above is trying to be measured and reasonable in his responses, Trump won't. He'll ramble and bluster, interrupt, shout down, non-sequitur and outright lie if he's ever made to answer questions the likes of which that senator was.

You saw it with Hillary, she tried to be calm and stateman-like. Trump was just a demagogue.

I agree but it's not just Trump - ever since Reagan embraced the evangelical vote it's been pretty clear their long term plan has been to control the supreme Court and ban abortion and other rights but the dems rule following has been naive. 

At the very least they should have tried to get Ginsberg to retire before she died. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NJS said:

I agree but it's not just Trump - ever since Reagan embraced the evangelical vote it's been pretty clear their long term plan has been to control the supreme Court and ban abortion and other rights but the dems rule following has been naive. 

At the very least they should have tried to get Ginsberg to retire before she died. 

Evidently they did, but she steadfastly refused, many blame her for the current situation.

When you talk about republicans playing dirty don't forget they refused to confirm Obama's last nominee to the Supreme Court, Merrick Garland, because they said it wasn't appropriate in an election year and then did a full 180 in appointing Ginsberg's replacement just months before the 2020 election.

• Like 6