Anorthernsoul

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Or this absolute boobatron

IMG_2077.thumb.webp.a648497d173d2e9b3bca1a2d82a817ea.webp

Seriously though, you bring someone like this or Newsom in, and the collective sigh of relief the country would breathe at the prospect of a youthful alternative to Trump. Even Harris. 

Biden is being pathetic, but it's ridiculous that they haven't been working on him stepping aside, and coming up with a succession plan since a year or so in to his term. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

These people are beyond parody. 

ashton kutcher film GIF
Same energy

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Gentlemen, please see your Daily Vance :cuppa: 

This is a smart move tbh. Trump’s supporters are so fucking stupid they’d see something like this and demand answers.

Vance would have to deny it, maybe even tell them that adrenochrome is not even a fucking thing and was made up on 4chan by edgelords. Which would obviously go down swimmingly with the QAnon supporter base.

More mental stuff only Americans would believe like this please.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

This is a smart move tbh. Trump’s supporters are so fucking stupid they’d see something like this and demand answers.

Vance would have to deny it, maybe even tell them that adrenochrome is not even a fucking thing and was made up on 4chan by edgelords. Which would obviously go down swimmingly with the QAnon supporter base.

More mental stuff only Americans would believe like this please.

My colleague showed me this very tweet an hour ago. He had to explain to me what adrenochrome is. I’d never heard of it till he’d showed me this tweet. Hes a 63 year old Birmingham City supporter.

“Every day is a school day” :lol: 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

My colleague showed me this very tweet an hour ago. He had to explain to me what adrenochrome is. I’d never heard of it till he’d showed me this tweet. Hes a 63 year old Birmingham City supporter.

“Every day is a school day” :lol: 

It’s the thing I first heard of during the 2016 election and the whole pizzagate conspiracy. Fairly certain it was some kid on a wind up on 4chan and 8 years later there are block head flat earthers pushing it as if it’s fact :lol:

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

It’s the thing I first heard of during the 2016 election and the whole pizzagate conspiracy. Fairly certain it was some kid on a wind up on 4chan and 8 years later there are block head flat earthers pushing it as if it’s fact :lol:

adrenochrome update: apparently David Icke was wanging on about it in the late 80s :cuppa:

He’s just mentioned MK Ultra and operation paper clip :lol: 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

adrenochrome update: apparently David Icke was wanging on about it in the late 80s :cuppa:

That sounds about right. Insane that the grifting cunt had managed to blag a 40 year career out of making shit up and claiming it as fact. He’s probably more successful now because people are even thicker.

• Like 2

Always need to be wary of these polls where it's "somebody imaginary vs." but Biden just needs to fuck off immediately. 

• Like 1

Saw an analyst quoted on twatter, by one of the yank commentators I follow, this a.m. he uses 13 fixed metrics and his method has correctly predicted the last 9 elections, his system says only way Dems win is if they keep Biden and get behind him.

Will post the link if I see it again.

I'm not so sure (even with the pathetic media onslaught) that Trump is a shoe-in, there's a LOT on "never Trump" republicans who voted against him in the primaries, could be pivotal.

Trump has lost the popular vote twice. So it’s yet again now down to our dear old friend the electoral college system. I still don’t understand it properly. Or I understand it but I don’t understand why in 2024 they’re still fucking using it :cuppa:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Trump has lost the popular vote twice. So it’s yet again now down to our dear old friend the electoral college system. I still don’t understand it properly. Or I understand it but I don’t understand why in 2024 they’re still fucking using it :cuppa:

We use a fundamentally similar FPTP system don't we. But like everything else, the yanks need to be more extreme. 

Aye it's just each state wins you a certain number of electoral college votes. That is equivalent to the number of senators (2 from each state) and the number of Congress representatives (which varies state by state based on population). 

So you win states on the basis of popular vote to amass electoral college votes. 

You need to get to 270 to win, because there are 538 electoral college votes. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 1

Also kind of makes sense in a federalised system like the States. What doesn't make sense to me is the current two party hegemony. But again, not that much different from here really. In the US I believe a large proportion of the population are registered to a particular party so they can vote in the primaries, which is different. Also things like voter supression. Think both our systems are outdated tbh and leading to poor leadership. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

More like David Icke will have claimed that. Just like he’d been telling people about Jimmy Savile ‘for as long as he could remember’. Which means his memory only extends to a year after Savile died 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

You should see him when the cameras are off. He's as sharp as he ever was. 

They definitely need to stop filming him going up or down the steps of airforce one then, for his own safety 

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Like others have said it’s FPTP. Difference is, bigger the state population, the more votes they have weighted to that state in the electoral college system. You could  win the vote by a fine margin in the biggest state by population (California iirc). Instead of being remotely representative, a virtual 50/50 spilt over a vast area comprising loads of small towns and massive cities carries all (and the most) votes for that state. Mental system imo especially in such divisive times 

Not sure about tomorrow morning - he'll need to address the nation and he's got covid, but thank fuck it does seem to be looking like it'll actually happen.