Donald Trump

Anorthernsoul

34 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I know I said it makes it harder for Biden to step down but the photo of Trump after the shooting couldn't be more starkly different to Biden walking around like C3PO in need of some WD40. 

So there's also the (outside) possibility that even Biden can see that now. 

Biden will have already forgotten about it though.

Trump standing up with his ear hanging off screaming fight to a bunch of red necks is a show of power - he doesn't need to say anything else and he's getting in by default.. unless Biden steps down. Get Harris up there and watch Trump squirm, at least make him work for it before he destroys the western world by handing the keys over to the east.

• Like 2

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am not usually one for conspiracies, but saw a video taken from the crowd behind the podium, Secret Service guy pushes along "move the photographers to the stairs" second later "bang bang" !! 

Wouldn't put it past the grifting rapey cunt.

Oh and yesterday, did he go and visit his supporters wounded in the "attack", nope, he went and played golf.

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

Am not usually one for conspiracies, but saw a video taken from the crowd behind the podium, Secret Service guy pushes along "move the photographers to the stairs" second later "bang bang" !! 

Wouldn't put it past the grifting rapey cunt.

Oh and yesterday, did he go and visit his supporters wounded in the "attack", nope, he went and played golf.

Aye I saw that, well weird. 

It doesn't matter what side the shooter is from. He could have turned up in a Trump 2024 t shirt, a MAGA hat, and have a social media history full of pro-Trump content, and they'd still claim it was done on Biden's orders. 

As it stands, it sounds like he's just a fucked up kid. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/jul/15/democrats-joe-biden-maga?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

I've seen a LOT of this in twitter accounts I follow. People who you think are reasonable people on the Democrat side who have fully lost it since the debate. 

People that now react like MAGA people to any criticism of Biden. It's all very weird. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

It doesn't matter what side the shooter is from. He could have turned up in a Trump 2024 t shirt, a MAGA hat, and have a social media history full of pro-Trump content, and they'd still claim it was done on Biden's orders. 

As it stands, it sounds like he's just a fucked up kid. 

Yes. The biggest factor in the long history of political violence in the US is (surprise surprise) easy access to firearms :cuppa:

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/jul/15/democrats-joe-biden-maga?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

I've seen a LOT of this in twitter accounts I follow. People who you think are reasonable people on the Democrat side who have fully lost it since the debate. 

People that now react like MAGA people to any criticism of Biden. It's all very weird. 

You only need to look at the Corbyn devotees and their hatred of Starmer, etc to see it can happen here too. Presumably those people want problems like child poverty tackled but they’re still obsessed with a bloke that hasn’t got a snowball in hell’s chance of ever being in power 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alex said:

You only need to look at the Corbyn devotees and their hatred of Starmer, etc to see it can happen here too. Presumably those people want problems like child poverty tackled but they’re still obsessed with a bloke that hasn’t got a snowball in hell’s chance of ever being in power 

Reform too. It’s cult like behaviour and it’s weird. Political affiliations are becoming personality traits and it’s fucking bizarre.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Reform too. It’s cult like behaviour and it’s weird. Political affiliations are becoming personality traits and it’s fucking bizarre.

And fucking pathetic. 

I blame social media, echo-chambers and spurious reports compounding dumb fucking opinions.

• Like 1

Secret Docs case thrown out by Trump’s appointed judge, it’ll be appealed but yet more delay. 

US is sooooo fucked

• Jaysus... 1

8 hours ago, Alex said:

Just to paint an opposing view here - Biden is a centrist who most ardent left wingers have criticised since the start for not being radical enough. He's an American Starmer. So while I respect the point about Corbyn, I actually see a lot of the pro-Starmer devotion in what is being said in this article.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Just to paint an opposing view here - Biden is a centrist who most ardent left wingers have criticised since the start for not being radical enough. He's an American Starmer. So while I respect the point about Corbyn, I actually see a lot of the pro-Starmer devotion in what is being said in this article.

I guess I thought of Corbyn because the cult around him is leftist and British. Not sure I’ve seen cultism re: Starmer. Like Biden he’ll actually be judged in delivery though. Not what might’ve been. Without wishing to reopen the Corbyn thing, there seems to be a lot of people old enough to know better who are still devotees. I get that they may want the policies but they would honestly have him back as Labour leader tomorrow. 5 years after he lost to Johnson and blind to his very obvious failings imo. I honestly don’t see what these people think they’re hoping to achieve. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alex said:

I guess I thought of Corbyn because the cult around him is leftist and British. Not sure I’ve seen cultism re: Starmer. Like Biden he’ll actually be judged in delivery though. Not what might’ve been. Without wishing to reopen the Corbyn thing, there seems to be a lot of people old enough to know better who are still devotees. I get that they may want the policies but they would honestly have him back as Labour leader tomorrow. 5 years after he lost to Johnson and blind to his very obvious failings imo. I honestly don’t see what these people think they’re hoping to achieve. 

People forget that when Corbyn took over Labour the centre desperately tried to tear him down. There was no united front, there were leadership challenges and gritted teeth. No different in my eyes to what we now see from the left concerning Starmer, though the left have been purged whereas the centre under Corbyn wasn't.

What I'm trying to say with this is that people such as myself weren't devoted to Corbyn particularly for who he was, but because we genuinely do believe that significant and meaningful change is needed to actually avert a slow and miserable decline into the shit. Starmer may be more able to 'win' but he doesn't deliver what some of us believe is required. Same with Biden. So sometimes I look at all the Starmer devotees as people who are essentially survivors from an abusive relationship. They are so fearful of being forced back with their abuser that they cling to the safest option.

Biden is the safe option for the US. The devil you know. His supporters just want to win, they don't care what they have to support to do so. It's more important to keep Trump out than to have the right person in - and that more than anything is the theme of the centre and the left right across the western world.

• Like 1

The antisemitic cunt helped deliver Brexit is an equally valid take. Literally at least partially responsible for accelerating the decline. Absolutely incapable of doing anything and being happy / preferring to be radical from the safety of opposition is another 👍🏻

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I look at all the Starmer devotees

I don't think I know a single person who fits this description mind. 

• Like 2