Paris

Christmas Tree

I honestly don't get why it bothers people if someone walks round in a burka. I walk past women wearing one of these things and I just don't care. If she wants to wear it, fine. If she doesn't want to wear it, then it's her look-out. I couldn't give a fuck. I find it a lot less offensive than some minger with her Greggs belly hanging out the bottom of her t-shirt.

Why the fuck are people getting themselves animated about this stuff?!

What the fuck is your problem with Gregg's and fat people? Intolerance personified this type of patter. All I am saying, is give pies a chance.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't get why it bothers people if someone walks round in a burka. I walk past women wearing one of these things and I just don't care. If she wants to wear it, fine. If she doesn't want to wear it, then it's her look-out. I couldn't give a fuck. I find it a lot less offensive than some minger with her Greggs belly hanging out the bottom of her t-shirt.

I get that it doesn't bother everyone. I've already stated my reasons why it bothers me, if that doesnt wash with you, fine. I will ask though, in the hypothetical circumstances that your doctor or child's teacher was wearing one, would it bother you then? If so, why?

for the reasons already discussed. they're misogynistic and the woman wearing a buqa may feel compelled to do so.

I get that it doesn't bother everyone. I've already stated my reasons why it bothers me, if that doesnt wash with you, fine. I will ask though, in the hypothetical circumstances that your doctor or child's teacher was wearing one, would it bother you then? If so, why?

As long as I could hear their diagnosis, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. If they sound like Kenny off South Park, I'm out. I have no opinion on what my current doctor wears either, and find it genuinely bizarre that you've posed this question expecting it to cause me to have a rethink.

I dont know, look at Dubai for instance. Or even Turkey. You'll see people in burqas and in mini skirts. Nobody really cares.

Of course it cant be the same everywhere. If at some place and time it does become a major security concern than I think we should realise that its possible to dress within what is allowed by Islam and not be a 'concern'. Wont argue too much with that. However then freedom of speech and the likes shoudnt be brandied about when muslims find something offensive, cant have it both ways.

You assume I follow blindly because you do not understand or agree with it. I believe religion is learnt not inherited. And that if Im truly to stand before a God someday then it has to be because its what I thought was right and not just because person xyz or book abc told me to do so.

Anyway, I guess this topic has been done to death on the internet already, no real point starting it here again,

judgement day :lol:

where do you stand on the apocalypse?

You assume I follow blindly because you do not understand or agree with it. I believe religion is learnt not inherited. And that if Im truly to stand before a God someday then it has to be because its what I thought was right and not just because person xyz or book abc told me to do so.

Anyway, I guess this topic has been done to death on the internet already, no real point starting it here again,

Okay, well if you honestly have a problem with it personally rather than because of religion then that's another issue but one for another day.

So you're heroically offended on their behalf?

i feel sorry for the women who feel compelled to wear them and i get angry with the men for pressuring their wives to wear one. i'd say that makes me a normal human being, rather then a heroic one.

But neither of us know who has been compelled to wear one and who is wearing one as a show of faith, or cos they're having a bad hair day or whatever.

It's none of my fucking business is my point.

I'm not the burqa police. I don't go roaming the streets advising our Muslim women to burn their burqa. I just can't help but think the French have got this in right. And I agree with the grand mufti of the Paris mosque I quoted earlier and the European court of human rights on the issue.

As long as I could hear their diagnosis, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. If they sound like Kenny off South Park, I'm out. I have no opinion on what my current doctor wears either, and find it genuinely bizarre that you've posed this question expecting it to cause me to have a rethink.

Interesting. I'm trying to think why it would bother me now. Loads of reasons I think. I wouldn't trust their anonymity, I'd be offended they regard me as a sex pest, I'd question their professional integrity, I'd question their logic and decision skills? Maybe, or just maybe when I go to the doctors I want to communicate and feel the empathy of a human being. Fascinating this doesn't bother you a bit.

Interesting. I'm trying to think why it would bother me now. Loads of reasons I think. I wouldn't trust their anonymity, I'd be offended they regard me as a sex pest, I'd question their professional integrity, I'd question their logic and decision skills? Maybe, or just maybe when I go to the doctors I want to communicate and feel the empathy of a human being. Fascinating this doesn't bother you a bit.

Well, first things first, you ARE a sex pest and that's just something you need to come to terms with. I've thought about wearing a burka to the trent in the past when I knew you were gonna be there.

But aye, I honestly don't get any of those concerns. If I turn up and my doctor is a bloke wearing skinny jeans, I'd think he was a cunt, but I'd still respect his professional opinion despite his reprehensible taste.

judgement day :lol:

where do you stand on the apocalypse?

Am wondering if you're aware of how close you are to mocking aimaads religion here? It's ok, am not offended am am not intending on taking offence on behalf of aimaad himself. Are you just taking the piss out of his beliefs as an excercise in freedom of speech, because of the events of Friday night (which as several posters in this thread have tried to explain has fairly little to do with mainstream Islam in general) or because he's a lone voice on here 1000s of miles away on the end of a broadband connection? Mixture of all 3?...

Fwiw I tend to agree with a lot of what you say but phrasing it in the manner you're doing is abusing the freedom of speech you appear to be claiming full rights to here. With those rights comes the responsibility to use them carefully and taking the piss out of the single(?) poster on here who can give real insight into how mainstream Moslems think is for me abusing that right as much as you're abusing aimaads beliefs.

It's got to be said aimaad22 is showing great restraint in patiently explaining his religion and his religious views to us heathen arseholes.

Well done mate. On that note, here is everywhere I disagree with you on.

Personally I view the head dress worn by Muslim women as a symbol of the oppression of women in Islamic society. That is my sole issue with it. I recognise that many Muslim women don't acknowledge their own chains, and I suppose on that basis you could make an argument that they should be allowed to wear it. To me though, it's analogous with the Star of David that the Jews had to wear in the Middle Ages and some other times. I'm sure some of them didn't mind it after awhile though too.

Your disapproval of homosexuality on the basis of its condemnation by your religion is silly. Make your own decisions. Homosexuality is perfectly normal. That is scientifically proven.

People should not be subjugated on the basis of sex, or discriminated against on the basis of sexual persuasion.

If someone's lifestyle or actions does no harm, don't judge them poorly for simply being themselves.

Well, first things first, you ARE a sex pest and that's just something you need to come to terms with. I've thought about wearing a burka to the trent in the past when I knew you were gonna be there.

:lol: You've got a point. Maybe I should be wearing the Burqa.

Look, a man who lives in a country where the national dress is the sleeveless denim jacket has no place criticising other's clothing.

A man willing to wear a denim jacket which he cut the sleeves off of is the quintessential example of a man committed to his refusal to acknowledge he was wrong. Understanding this helps me relate well to the religious.

Am wondering if you're aware of how close you are to mocking aimaads religion here? It's ok, am not offended am am not intending on taking offence on behalf of aimaad himself. Are you just taking the piss out of his beliefs as an excercise in freedom of speech, because of the events of Friday night (which as several posters in this thread have tried to explain has fairly little to do with mainstream Islam in general) or because he's a lone voice on here 1000s of miles away on the end of a broadband connection? Mixture of all 3?...

Fwiw I tend to agree with a lot of what you say but phrasing it in the manner you're doing is abusing the freedom of speech you appear to be claiming full rights to here. With those rights comes the responsibility to use them carefully and taking the piss out of the single(?) poster on here who can give real insight into how mainstream Moslems think is for me abusing that right as much as you're abusing aimaads beliefs.

He's mocking all religion, he's been pretty clear on that :lol: As far as Im concerned that's his loss and his problem so Im not concerned. Each to their own and all that.

It's got to be said aimaad22 is showing great restraint in patiently explaining his religion and his religious views to us heathen arseholes.

Well done mate. On that note, here is everywhere I disagree with you on.

Personally I view the head dress worn by Muslim women as a symbol of the oppression of women in Islamic society. That is my sole issue with it. I recognise that many Muslim women don't acknowledge their own chains, and I suppose on that basis you could make an argument that they should be allowed to wear it. To me though, it's analogous with the Star of David that the Jews had to wear in the Middle Ages and some other times. I'm sure some of them didn't mind it after awhile though too.

Your disapproval of homosexuality on the basis of its condemnation by your religion is silly. Make your own decisions. Homosexuality is perfectly normal. That is scientifically proven.

People should not be subjugated on the basis of sex, or discriminated against on the basis of sexual persuasion.

If someone's lifestyle or actions does no harm, don't judge them poorly for simply being themselves.

The burka thing's been done in detail already, dont know if you've read everything. Its not worn by the vast majority so the only reason for you wanting to think its a symbol of muslim oppression is that you want to or thats its been fed to you. Cant help with that. No point keeping going around in circles. Seems you've now also decided that the women who do want to wear it are too ignorant to realise their own rights. Bloody hell :lol:

What if following Islam is my decision? Problem is many of you people seem to think we're all coerced into it.

Read your last line again and then in light of what you said about the burka. Its pretty ironic.