Paris

Christmas Tree

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-09-10/competing-gas-pipelines-are-fueling-syrian-war-migrant-crisis

Foreign meddling in Syria began several years before the Syrian revolt erupted. Wikieaks released leaked US State Department cables from 2006 revealing US plans to overthrow the Syrian government through instigating civil strife, and receiving these very orders straight from Tel Aviv. The leaks reveal the United State’s partnership with nations like Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Qatar and even Egypt to use sectarianism to divide Syria through the Sunni and Shiite divide to destabilize the nation to weaken Iran and Hezbolla. Israel is also revealed to attempt to use this crisis to expand it’s occupation of the Golan Heights for additional oil exploration.

According to major media outlets like the BBC and the Associated Press, the demonstrations that supposedly swept Syria were comprised of only hundreds of people, but additional Wikileaks cables reveal CIA involvement on the ground in Syria to instigate these very demonstrations as early as March 2011."

State Dept officials commented: "Yeah they have to wear these strange costumes and always with the face covered...We're going to sort it out".

Edited by Park Life

Maybe priests interpret the bible as saying little boys need love. Nutters will interpret what they want

Ffs, priests knew what they were doing was wrong. Child abuse isn't in the bible. :lol: Are you on a wind up?

A quarter of UK Muslims sympathised with the Charlie Hebdo attacks. Are these all "nutters"?

Yeah,because they're so approachable. Do you not think eye contact is actually quite important for normal human interaction? In some sense, I don't care if she wants to wear a burqa or not, I think the action of wearing has implications for other people which shouldn't be ignored. Having acceptable dress codes enforced isn't really a massive ask imo.

Acceptable to who and what though? Is the elephant in the room that terrorists might misuse this dress code? Cos that brings us full circle to 'all Muslims could be terrorists' again

Ffs, priests knew what they were doing was wrong. Child abuse isn't in the bible. :lol: Are you on a wind up?

A quarter of UK Muslims sympathised with the Charlie Hebdo attacks. Are these all "nutters"?

I don't know enough about the Kuran to know that killing civilians IS in there though? Do you have any examples?

That's reminded me that was my point in the first place :lol: I don't actually think kiddy fiddling is in the bible

Edited by StraightEdgeWizard

Acceptable to who and what though? Is the elephant in the room that terrorists might misuse this dress code? Cos that brings us full circle to 'all Muslims could be terrorists' again

I think that's a small part of it but it ignores the fact that women under Taliban rule had to wear the burqa. I think it's a method for oppressing women and it's a cultural thing (a bit like FGM if you like) as much as (if not more) than it's a Muslim thing. That's my issue with it. I said on this subject ages ago that I'd feel uncomfortable with legislation saying what people can and can't wear in the UK. Equally so if the wearing of veils became the norm here. How you address that is a difficult one, obviously.

Jesus is a bona fide Muslim prophet and in the Koran. ;)

Bollocks. He was the son of God and a Virgin but also God himself, or something.

It's really strange examining the cobblers I was taught at school now, none of it even makes sense.

Usually these women are socially isolated and won't interact with annyone in public, especially men. Sometimes you can see them following behind their husbands. Its horrendous and it amazes me the right on brigade defend it.

Pussy control.

Nah thats quite alright I was pretty blunt myself. Oil is the reason yes. Which is why I keep saying greed and power overrules everything else. Always has always will.

For my view of the veil see below.

Firstly, you cant even say the veil is imposed by Islam. You posted the Quran verse yourself. Most muslim scholars agree the veil is not a requirement, covering the head is considered sufficient. My mother doesnt wear a burqa, my sister doesnt, in fact cant think of a single person in my family who does. They dont even take the hijab. I dont think anyone should wear a burqa, it would be inconvenient for the wearer if anything. But if anyone wants to, I dont care, let them. I cant on one hand say its ok if someone wants to dress less 'modestly' because its their right as a free human being and then lecture someone for wearing more than is necessary. Doesnt make sense to me at least. We've got far bigger problems ffs.

You could again debate how much the veil has to do with religion and how much with culture, say. Its very common in Afghanistan and northern areas of Pakistan, some areas of India. But how often do you see it in Turkey, Iran, Malaysia, India, Pakistan, Malaysia etc.? Take Pakistan. Like I said burqas are common in the north. Yet when you go south they almost disappear, although even those areas are around 98% muslim. Because the culture/traditions change quite a bit once you start moving down south. Even the hijab is not that common, although that IS considered an Islamic requirement. That is why sometimes its a bit amusing to see the West fall all over themselves over the burqa, its a bit of a non issue here really.

Aye stop it CT, you're unsettling me :P

we're going to have to agree to disagree on the burqa.

Bollocks. He was the son of God and a Virgin but also God himself, or something.

It's really strange examining the cobblers I was taught at school now, none of it even makes sense.

it's all fucking nosnense isn't it :lol:

anyone who believes this crap wants their head checked. blowing yourself up in order to kill innocent civilians in the name of religion is a different level.

it's all fucking nosnense isn't it :lol:

anyone who believes this crap wants their head checked. blowing yourself up in order to kill innocent civilians in the name of religion is a different level.

If only they would just blow themselves up

I think I'm going to bow out of this discussion now because it could go on forever, there's opposing arguments from different posters and they are never going to meet in the middle in agreement. There's been some thought provoking posts and some surprising attitudes from people, both good and bad.

Just to clarify my standing. I don't agree with terrorism or the killing of civilians in the name of religion (as if it even needs saying) in any way, shape or form. I also don't agree with the bombing of entire cities by the west and the collateral damage it incorporates in the name of war. I think it's probable that the two things just exacerbate each other and will continue in an eternal cycle unless one side (or both) decides to change.

I don't have an issue with Muslims or their dress code any more than I have an issue with any other religion. I personally think they are all a crock of shit. Tolerance is a good quality to have however if something doesn't directly affect you. I realise that's rich after some of the stuff I've posted over the years but (most) people grow up.

Peace ;)

37F8F7FC-46F2-4C87-9552-9F0090B9CADA_zps

Edited by StraightEdgeWizard

Dress codes ffs! :lol:

Western women have been commidified and sexualised which is as much misogyny as anything in any Muslim country. Only recently they were burnt as witches if they got out of line.

I suggest aimaad pops along to Yorkshire if he really wants to see how far 'the west' has come.

Edited by Park Life

I think I'm going to bow out of this discussion now because it could go on forever, there's opposing arguments from different posters and they are never going to meet in the middle in agreement. There's been some thought provoking posts and some surprising attitudes from people, both good and bad.

Just to clarify my standing. I don't agree with terrorism or the killing of civilians in the name of religion (as if it even needs saying) in any way, shape or form. I also don't agree with the bombing of entire cities by the west and the collateral damage it incorporates in the name of war. I think it's probable that the two things just exacerbate each other and will continue in an eternal cycle unless one side (or both) decides to change.

I don't have an issue with Muslims or their dress code any more than I have an issue with any other religion. I personally think they are all a crock of shit. Tolerance is a good quality to have however if something doesn't directly affect you. I realise that's rich after some of the stuff I've posted over the years but (most) people grow up.

Peace ;)

That needed a gif of a motorbike riding towards the horizon at the end of it. Go back and sort it out.

Dress codes ffs! :lol:

Western women have been commidified and sexualised which is as much misogyny as anything in any Muslim country.

Women get themselves humidified in my presence. Sexualised if they play their cards right.