Paris

Christmas Tree

From the Guardian:

The five leading western nations involved in the Syria crisis – the so-called quintet of the US, Italy, Germany, France and the UK – are to hold an unscheduled meeting on Monday lunchtime in Turkey to review the Syrian peace process and discuss what assurances can be given to persuade Russia that a deal over Syria is possible that will protect their interests."

Strangely there is now a peace process. :lol:

3 weeks ago before the Russian air campaign is was all Assad must go!!

Edited by Park Life

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely one thing that should happen is a global effort to address the problem of disenfranchised and corruptible young men, to include and educate them so that the promises of ISIS and their ilk isn't appealing? Stop trying to simply prune the weeds and instead salt the earth so they can't grow?

'How?' is another question entirely and one I'm not sure has a feasible answer.

Surely one thing that should happen is a global effort to address the problem of disenfranchised and corruptible young men, to include and educate them so that the promises of ISIS and their ilk isn't appealing? Stop trying to simply prune the weeds and instead salt the earth so they can't grow?

'How?' is another question entirely and one I'm not sure has a feasible answer.

We need to hear more condemnation from moderate Muslims

We need to hear more condemnation from moderate Muslims

I hear this a lot, but I'm not sure what exactly will come from it. Moderate muslims will surely just be painted as tainted by the west, or not "true" believers, no?

:lol: in the form of disapproving Facebook status updates? I'm not sure how much difference that will make tbh.

no, more than that. the hate preachers need to be ostracised by community leaders. i think they are too feared and respected, sadly.

Th west needs to get out of the middle east and stop supporting illegal activity.

This all started because the US supported Israel so heavily then went ballistic when Blair and Bush decided to invade Iraq and Afghanistan.

Even if the west moved out the deep rooted hatred is that much it wouldn't just stop after any forming of the old so called caliphate. IS would just want to expend their ideals even further to remove apparent curropted values from the rest of the world.

Unhelpfully flippant. What do IS want? Revenge?

Explain to me what you think they are trying to do.

I honestly don't think they even really know. There is a lot of propaganda from them which seems like deluded nonsense once you look into the logistics of it. The have no or little heavy armour and no airforce and no means to set up a state.

There is an intercene war going on right now between their clerics and AlQ clerics on which actually date the Mahdi or the Jalal will arrive.

What I have found astounding is the free ride their propaganda machine has got from our media.

I don't want to get into it in the Paris thread.

I'm as angry as you are whether you live in Paris or not.

What every sane person wants is us the fuck out of the Middle East.

Edited by Park Life

Even if the west moved out the deep rooted hatred is that much it wouldn't just stop after any forming of the old so called caliphate. IS would just want to expend their ideals even further to remove apparent curropted values from the rest of the world.

If the west moved out it would stop further radicalisation nd cut the fuel of the fire. Without that action whatever is done will fail.

don't allow these cunts to flourish. name and shame any relative or friend suspected of being radicalised. make it more of a taboo in the muslim community. that'd be a start.

Aren't the young men who have become radicalised almost seeking a taboo?

If the west moved out it would stop further radicalisation nd cut the fuel of the fire. Without that action whatever is done will fail.

France and the West might make a start by stopping arms sales to the region. No there will never be any talk of this anywhere ever.

Fuck they won't even extradite or rendition (one of their fav pastimes) the clerics who sit in 5 star hotels in Qatar calling for Jihad.

Heaven help Corbyn for trying at least to broaden the debate. They are practically calling him a Jihadi already. That's the state of play.

Edited by Park Life

would it, though? i think the whole situation is there is fucked whatever course of action is taken.

I honestly don't think they even really know.

I think they are very clear about what they want and about how they want to bring it about.

Muslims are not evil, no. Warped ideology that invokes death is though and that is incontestable. IS is a religious movement, ideology drives everything they do.

You're good with google, try a few choice phrases and see what sort of vision IS have set out for the world. Also look at their wealth and resources. Not enough for planes perhaps but they dont want them, they want something else.

I know exactly what Isis are and what they are doing. What we are doing and what the Russians are doing. I've been posting on Western foreign policy for a decade on 6 different forums.

Nobody really wants to hear it cause it doesn't make good reading.

And frankly I'm tired of going on about it. I got into this thread cause I was angry and sad about the sheer inevitability of what happend in Paris my favorite city.

Edited by Park Life

You're not sure they know what they want but you are sure you know exactly what they want?

Go on then, am asking you to articulate what you think IS is trying to achieve. Revenge was my suggestion based on the insistence this is about geo-politics and revenge for atrocities in the middle east carried out by the West. Do you agree?