West Ham United v Newcastle United 14/9/15 20:00 KO (On Sky)

Haydnator

a 4-3-2-1 could work, if he mixes the starting line up a bit

if we're going to continue with cisse up top, i reckon we need to find a way to get a second striker playing much closer to him, so a 4-4-2 of sorts could work.

I think he might work better with Mitrovic. If that's the case who're you playing in the midfield?

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:dunno:

Just don't yet see what he offers in the Premier League.

With Cabella and Ben Arfa I could see early doors the promise.

I don't think Cabella really showed much early doors to be honest. It took him about 6 months to try and dribble past somebody.

Thauvin isn't Ben Arfa quality, but perhaps he's not as big of a twat as Ben Arfa either, which could even things out.

I don't think Cabella really showed much early doors to be honest. It took him about 6 months to try and dribble past somebody.

Thauvin isn't Ben Arfa quality, but perhaps he's not as big of a twat as Ben Arfa either, which could even things out.

I'm a huge fan of lah-de-dah french wingers.

Thauvin isn't getting me tumescent yet.

When you saw Wijnaldum make his debut you could see the quality was there. He's not had a wonderful start, but he's definitely got the class.

Although, Thauvin put Luke Shaw on his arse and destroyed Northampton, so maybe I'm being harsh in light of his shitshow on Monday night.

When you saw Wijnaldum make his debut you could see the quality was there. He's not had a wonderful start, but he's definitely got the class.

Although, Thauvin put Luke Shaw on his arse and destroyed Northampton, so maybe I'm being harsh in light of his shitshow on Monday night.

I think you're being ridiculously harsh on Thauvin there fish. Yes he had a bad game on Monday but he barely saw any of the ball. Cabella did very little over the course of a whole season and was still being given time. Thauvin came in on very short notice and did decently in difficult circumstances against Manure, destroyed Northampton, worked his socks off against Arsenal (again in difficult circumstances) and was part of a shit performance on Monday. He might not set the world alight but it's far too early to say and imo he looks much better suited to this league than Cabella ever did. I'm much more concerned about the absolute shite we've witnessed from Sissoko for most of the last twelve months and obvious problem with playing Cisse as a lone striker. Sissoko needs dropping (to show him he can be replaced and he needs to up his game if nothing else) and replaced with someone who can give Cisse more support (Perez basically).

I think he might work better with Mitrovic. If that's the case who're you playing in the midfield?

one holding player (colback or tiote, if he's still alive), alongside one box to box. (sissoko or wijnaldum)

with perez or de jong up front with cisse.

one holding player (colback or tiote, if he's still alive), alongside one box to box. (sissoko or wijnaldum)

with perez or de jong up front with cisse.

You not worried that the box-to-box would leave Tiote to do all the work and thereby put our defence under more pressure?

You not worried that the box-to-box would leave Tiote to do all the work and thereby put our defence under more pressure?

it can't be worse than what we've had to endure so far. definitely worth a pop at home to the likes of watford, when we ought to be on the front foot.

you could still play a 4-2-3-1 against better opposition, but it doesn't have to be quite as negative as we have played it so far. have one holding player sitting deep alongside sissoko or wijnaldum, who would have more of a license to get forward.

two players sitting there doing the butch wilkins crab impression has been painful.

it can't be worse than what we've had to endure so far. definitely worth a pop at home to the likes of watford, when we ought to be on the front foot.

you could still play a 4-2-3-1 against better opposition, but it doesn't have to be quite as negative as we have played it so far. have one holding player sitting deep alongside sissoko or wijnaldum, who would have more of a license to get forward.

two players sitting there doing the butch wilkins crab impression has been painful.

Agree with a more aggressive 4-2-3-1 even against the better opposition. Trouble is, the players I'd have in that formation are either out of form, or out of the picture entirely/ It should be Tiote and Sissoko, but the latter is worse than Ben Arfa in terms of actually putting in a shift.

................ Krul ................

Janmaat..Coloccini..Mbemba

Colback...Tiote...Anita

Sissoko...............Aarons

........Perez..De Jong........

That's how i'd start against Watford

Edited by trooper

Colback...Tiote...Anita

So youre playing Colback and Anita at home in front of Wijnaldum?....are you actually Alan Pardew?...

So youre playing Colback and Anita at home in front of Wijnaldum?....are you actually Alan Pardew?...

Tbh the way the starting 11 played they should all be dropped if we had a big enough squad.

Colback...Tiote...Anita

I know that looks attacking, but actually, that'd end up 5-3-2 with Perez & de Jong isolated up front.

Agree with a more aggressive 4-2-3-1 even against the better opposition. Trouble is, the players I'd have in that formation are either out of form, or out of the picture entirely/ It should be Tiote and Sissoko, but the latter is worse than Ben Arfa in terms of actually putting in a shift.

It's a shame Sissoko and his ego now believes he's a dynamic attacker and believes his own hype, when he'd be much more effective in a deeper role alongside Tiote.

Colback...Tiote...Anita

I would start like this...

Mbemba

Janmaat...Colocinni...Haidara

Sissoko.........De Jong............Wijnaldum.........Aarons

........Perez....Mitrovic....