Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

He's got another year left on his contract too. Think it's nice to see a player do that rather than just milking money and going through the motions. And absolutely agree about him. Genuine world class

This is a bit surprising, but then I was also a bit stunned when half the German team retired after winning the World Cup. 

Hard to argue he isn't one of the greats though, at least for Germany.

:lol: "Here we go again"

A fucking news paper getting defensive over a fanzine's pop. What a fucking huckle. They should stick to totally not embarrassing articles about what a snoike Delph is.

:lol: "Here we go again"

A fucking news paper getting defensive over a fanzine's pop. What a fucking huckle. They should stick to totally not embarrassing articles about what a snoike Delph is.

:lol:

'Yow snoike, Delph!'

'Rafa is just a fat Spanish wyetor.'

'Who's your next Messoihah? Ant and dec?'

'Sob on the Tyne.'

Can't understand how fans with such cutting edge humour have to have their local Knight Ryder stick up for them after the bad boys pick on them?

Aye, most insulting things I've ever heard. Especially the Ant and Dec one, not only attacking our well known obsession with messiahs but also having a pop at McPartlin and Donnelly in the process.

That city is just one big balloon knot, can't even pick them out as individuals.

" There was a time,

in the season,

where this game,

was billed as a potential title-decider.

There was a time,

in the season,

When Dr Tony said

we'd be biggest in Europe......

Then it all went wrong.

I dreamed a dream of promotion, etc...."

Alreet, Anne Hathaway. ;)

Apart from them taking the piss when we went down at Villa Park there's not much bad blood to speak of. They're too fucking boring for that to be the case.

Apart from them taking the piss when we went down at Villa Park there's not much bad blood to speak of. They're too fucking boring for that to be the case.

Honestly think that's a large reason behind these articles. They're trying to be relevant and picking a fight with the "biggest" club in the league is a good way of doing that. It's a manufactured enmity for most. Same's happened with Forest and Leeds to be honest.

I fucking hate them mind, always have.

We hate Nottingham Forest...

The young lads going now have no earthly idea why. They'll join in shouting "Scabs" at the Forest fans, but they don't really know why.

I can't remember any reason to hate Nottingham Forest... it's hard to keep up with these things though. Was it just the Lansbury bollocks earlier this season?

Hope someone corrects me if I get this wrong, but essentially when the miners were striking it was the Nottinghamshire pits that broke ranks and weakened the position of the unions. There was also a pitch incursion by us which forced a replay that we won (can't remember but I think we were losing at the time, or were missing a couple key players?)

Hope someone corrects me if I get this wrong, but essentially when the miners were striking it was the Nottinghamshire pits that broke ranks and weakened the position of the unions. There was also a pitch incursion by us which forced a replay that we won (can't remember but I think we were losing at the time, or were missing a couple key players?)

There's been more than one pitch excursion v Forest.

Ok that's actually at least a good reason.

Aye, but most of the kids these days have no idea about that stuff. So Twitter, journalists and fanzines try to fabricate a rivalry to get RTs, clicks and attention. No real problem with that to be honest, football is always more interesting if there's confrontation.

It's just when it's handled so clumsily, like Villa's desperate grab for our attention. They've a local rival in this league, one who next season they should really be in a position to embarrass, why not stoke the fires of the Wolves rivalry?

• Guest locked this topic