Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

I actually know a Villa fan who's a really good laugh and is sound. I'm not saying that to be contrary, I'm mentioning it because it's so unusual.

:lol:

Another to add the list of things Aston Villa would be if they were...

Pizza - Margherita

Band - Coldplay

Ice cream - Vanilla

Colour - Beige

NFL team - Cleveland Browns

:lol: Canny list, they all love Antiques Roadshow as well.

I suspect the reason is that they know we'd send loads down if they made it available, and that if we do, they're more likely to lose.

What they haven't appreciated is that they'll lose either way, and so they may as well make as much as they can.

I suspect the reason is that they know we'd send loads down if they made it available, and that if we do, they're more likely to lose.

What they haven't appreciated is that they'll lose either way, and so they may as well make as much as they can.

You're confident these days :lol:

I think it's more that I genuinely suspect that's what they're thinking :D And looking at it from a business perspective, I wouldn't bet on them winning that game in any capacity. So it seems like a needless loss.

And yeah, I guess confidence. I've already assumed we're going up - just a question of how.

I've heard they've already sold out for us going down there.  Not sure if that's true but if it is, that obviously impacts on our allocation.  I've got a ticket anyway, unfortunately after years of being unable to get to many away games, I've had to use a mates points.  It's vicious circle that keeps my points down despite having a season ticket and going to all home cup games for the last 30 years.  But at least I'm going!

Not a Villa fan but I did some work in Wolverhampton and the client contact's first name was Grenville. Which is a bad enough name but in a brummie accent it's brutal.

Nowhere outside of the Midlands would you find someone called Grenville.

I've heard they've already sold out for us going down there.  Not sure if that's true but if it is, that obviously impacts on our allocation.  I've got a ticket anyway, unfortunately after years of being unable to get to many away games, I've had to use a mates points.  It's vicious circle that keeps my points down despite having a season ticket and going to all home cup games for the last 30 years.  But at least I'm going!

Aye a lad in our office is a ST holder and they have put tickets sales on earlier than normal, a couple of weeks ago.

Not a Villa fan but I did some work in Wolverhampton and the client contact's first name was Grenville. Which is a bad enough name but in a brummie accent it's brutal.

Nowhere outside of the Midlands would you find someone called Grenville.

:lol:

It'll be the sleeves if both teams wear long sleeves both white/light coloured, it's fucking stupid.

Even at my level you can't have clashing socks/have to wear tape the same colour as the sock etc, mental imo, but supposedly helps with clashes in tackles/handballs to identify who did it

The England sleeves are sky blue for some reason so that isn't even a clash. 

Mind you, whoever came up with a bunch of jocks wearing pink strips wants looking at.  Although I suspect it may have been an Englishman taking the piss out of them.

Aye :lol:

Football kits, especially international ones, are all over the shop anyway in recent years. Look at England's ATM, man. :lol: It's almost as bad as the daft fuckers who play in it. Scotland should be wearing England's current shorts and socks, England should be wearing Scotland's shorts and get their white socks back. The last few years have seen some of the worst international strips I've ever seen with traditional kits being almost phased out by the likes of Nike.

• Guest locked this topic