Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

Probably, Gayle hasn't played this weekend so should be fit and rested,

I'd expect the starting 11 to be made up of players who've not featured at all for their international teams. I'd love to see Mitrovic actually starting some games though. The only way he's going to get into the swing of the league is by featuring for more than 20 ish minutes a game.

Does Rafa trust Mitrovic or think he's got 90 mins in him?

Think it's more the former, Mitrovic is still too rash. But he needs to play, get used to what is and isn't allowed. HE's certainly got goals in him and can hold the ball up the pitch much, much better than anyone else in the side. Mind you, we're not often playing games where a target man is needed to relieve pressure.

I still think we should be playing 2 up front especially at home.  Especially as Diame is being pushed too far forward anyway.  I definitely think there's a trust issue though.  Whether it's relating to his discipline or just a lack of belief in him as a player, I'm not sure. 

I still think we should be playing 2 up front especially at home.  Especially as Diame is being pushed too far forward anyway.  I definitely think there's a trust issue though.  Whether it's relating to his discipline or just a lack of belief in him as a player, I'm not sure. 

:aye:

I doubt Rafa's ever going to favour that formation as a default, but it's nice to see he has that tactical diversity in him when it's needed (end of Norwich match).

Shouldn't Rafa have a shape he likes and drill the team on it with long term aims in mind?

Not necessarily the shape you go for in the championship, home or away, but the one he sees us playing most regularly in the top flight.

Shouldn't Rafa have a shape he likes and drill the team on it with long term aims in mind?

Not necessarily the shape you go for in the championship, home or away, but the one he sees us playing most regularly in the top flight.

Well he's certainly settled on a shape; 4-4-1-1, but I've no idea if that's going to carry over into the Premier League, just for the Championship or just for those matches we've played thus far. 

That's the feeling I get too.

We're on TV 4 times between 2nd Dec and 2nd Jan. And our NYE game is moved to a non-televised Friday evening kick off  :thumbup:

I see those cheery little souls at NUFC.COM managed to have a little whinge about that.

• Guest locked this topic