Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

He has hardly done a bad job there and they are still in contention for the League this season. Could all go down hill for City now

He'll have done all right out of the contract and will likely get an international post, won't he?

Man City job never feels like a long term position really.

He'll have done all right out of the contract and will likely get an international post, won't he?

Man City job never feels like a long term position really.

Oh aye, he will be sorted financially like.

@McFaul

Aston Villa are going to be the biggest club of the Premier League era to go down. Because they will go down. Lets not kid ourselves.

People say Newcastle are a big club and they went down. Theyre not as big as Villa. They havent won the European Cup. They havent won anything in 50-odd years!

When I played for Villa we got 40,000 every week. You couldnt buy a ticket. Not any more.

Its not like Middlesbrough where the gate has suffered because people cant get jobs and cant afford it any more. The teams no good. The footballs no good. So the people arent going.

Guess who?

Middlesbrough and Aston Villa. Two of the most fickle set of supporters around. If it goes to shit thousands go AWOL. Merson, man. Doesn't realise he's the court jester to be laughed at on sky.

:lol: So according to his logic Nottingham Forest are bigger than both clubs, he's just a fucking plonkie.

The final sentence of his rant sort of messes with the initial argument, the football isn't good so no body bothers going... BUT THEY'RE MASSIVE!!

Why bring Newcastle into it? that's what gets me, everytime one of these nobs tries to big up whatever shit club they have ties too it's always us they compare them too, if we're so small and irrelevant then pack in talking about us. I'll happily be 'smaller than Villa' to Merson and he can have the biggest club out of the relegated teams when Villa, Mackems and Norwich go down. It always makes me laugh when they refer to people like Merson as experts, aye the bloke played professional football but he's an utter fucking moron and I'm yet to hear him make a good or insightful point about the game.

:lol: So according to his logic Nottingham Forest are bigger than both clubs, he's just a fucking plonkie.

The final sentence of his rant sort of messes with the initial argument, the football isn't good so no body bothers going... BUT THEY'RE MASSIVE!!

Why bring Newcastle into it? that's what gets me, everytime one of these nobs tries to big up whatever shit club they have ties too it's always us they compare them too, if we're so small and irrelevant then pack in talking about us. I'll happily be 'smaller than Villa' to Merson and he can have the biggest club out of the relegated teams when Villa, Mackems and Norwich go down. It always makes me laugh when they refer to people like Merson as experts, aye the bloke played professional football but he's an utter fucking moron and I'm yet to hear him make a good or insightful point about the game.

Aye, you're not wrong, loads do it. Loads of commentators/pundits go on about our loyal support still turning up etc, yet the same knackers then turn around and say stuff like, 'they, (that'll be you), talk about Noocarsuw, but >insert bitter club of ex-player here< are bigger because they won somefink when I was a player, noocarsuw have never won nuffink since 50 years ago'

Aye, you're not wrong, loads do it. Loads of commentators/pundits go on about our loyal support still turning up etc, yet the same knackers then turn around and say stuff like, 'they, (that'll be you), talk about Noocarsuw, but >insert bitter club of ex-player here< are bigger because they won somefink when I was a player, noocarsuw have never won nuffink since 50 years ago'

Aye it's a stupid fucking argument, teams like Swansea City, Birmingham City, Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wednesday, Oxford United, Luton town etc have won the League Cup since we last won something (excluding tripe like Championship and Intertoto) they're all utter wank and have been for fucking yonks.

It's just odd, the mackems go mental that the media always talk about us then go on about how they're bigger than us, blokes like Merson in the media never stop talking about us but say we're a nothing club if that's the case why aren't you talking about a club like Stoke? That group of utter alchies on Soccer Saturday are horrific for it ('Champagne' Charlie Nicholas, Paul 'having a kip at the wheel' Merson, Phil Thompson etc), in fact they often talk so much shite I've often thought they must be half cut on the show.

Edited by Howay

Aye it's a stupid fucking argument, teams like Swansea City, Birmingham City, Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wednesday, Oxford United, Luton town etc have won the League Cup since we last won something (excluding tripe like Championship and Intertoto) they're all utter wank and have been for fucking yonks.

It's just odd, the mackems go mental that the media always talk about us then go on about how they're bigger than us, blokes like Merson in the media never stop talking about us but say we're a nothing club if that's the case why aren't you talking about a club like Stoke? That group of utter alchies on Soccer Saturday are horrific for it ('Champagne' Charlie Nicholas, Paul 'having a kip at the wheel' Merson, Phil Thompson etc), in fact they often talk so much shite I've often thought they must be half cut on the show.

I kinda miss not seeing the sky Saturday mob as they were always good for a laugh, Nicholas being informed by Stelling that the De Jong he was slagging, questioning why they signed him after a disappointing loan was actually a different de Jong, that the one he meant wasn't at the club anymore was a highlight plus them laughing at merson when he made his first 'villa bigger than NUFC' claim.

I kinda miss not seeing the sky Saturday mob as they were always good for a laugh, Nicholas being informed by Stelling that the De Jong he was slagging, questioning why they signed him after a disappointing loan was actually a different de Jong, that the one he meant wasn't at the club anymore was a highlight plus them laughing at merson when he made his first 'villa bigger than NUFC' claim.

:lol: Aye I'm almost certain they're drunk. Merson has clearly forgotten that incident and probably remembers them all backing him.

Middlesbrough and Aston Villa. Two of the most fickle set of supporters around. If it goes to shit thousands go AWOL. Merson, man. Doesn't realise he's the court jester to be laughed at on sky.

Aye :lol:

• Guest locked this topic