Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

Playing Thursday and Sunday as against Wednesday and Saturday.Play on a Thursday and you have 2 days off before playing on Sunday.Play on a Wednesday and you have 2 days off before playing on Saturday.So why do players and ex-players say playing on a Thursday and Sunday is so much harder.Is it because they cannot have a Saturday night on the piss .

Gary Monk has been sacked by Swansea.

Harsh iyam.

I thought the same when rumours he may get the sack a few weeks back started so I went onto a Swansea forum to get their side and they seemed (for the most part) pretty frustrated with his tactics and team selections, they've also only had 1 win in 11 or something. I know he had that good season but Pardew had one here and the majority wanted shot of him too, I rarely see Swansea play so the people who watch them every week would know best (as we did when watching Pardew compared to others who just yelled about beating bigger sides and 5th place finish)

I really think the move has been made to bring Rodgers in which is probably a smart move tbh.

Apparently they've been putting feelers out for Mark Warburton.

No nowt about him beyond the fact he's undertaken the herculean task of getting Rangers from the Scottish Championship into the Scottish Premier League for the first time in their history.

Why'd you choose 11 games?

Same reason people have highlighted one win in 11. It gets to the critical reason why he's gone. They're on a downward spiral and are doing something to put a stop to it, rather than hoping for the best on a gamble like we do.

Heck, they've scored less than us and the mackems. Sunderland replaced their manager and fans aren't happy with ours.

Was at the away game at Swansea earlier this season and thought they looked pretty good. Moreno,Ayew and Gomis all looked good signings and Shelvey dominated in the centre of the park. Strange how they've fell away, but theres obviously problems. Rogers was odds on at tea time, so hes maybe just changed his mind?..

Was at the away game at Swansea earlier this season and thought they looked pretty good. Moreno,Ayew and Gomis all looked good signings and Shelvey dominated in the centre of the park. Strange how they've fell away, but theres obviously problems. Rogers was odds on at tea time, so hes maybe just changed his mind?..

My Sunday team would have looked good against us that day, they were nothing short of hideous.

My Sunday team would have looked good against us that day, they were nothing short of hideous.

Yeah, 5 wins and a draw though in August including beating manu seemed to be a continuation of their decent form from last season. They've not won a game since so something has gone horribly wrong.

I'm always surprised at how some teams bigwigs react quickly to bad runs and poor performance while we don't.

Swansea are above us in the league by 1 point and 3 places, but it's Monk who's fired, not McClaren. The win against Liverpool might have saved him from joining Monk on the dole. Will Southampton tip the scales? Surely if we lose and Blunderland sends us back into second from bottom it's a pink-slip situation for McClaren.

Yeah, 5 wins and a draw though in August including beating manu seemed to be a continuation of their decent form from last season. They've not won a game since so something has gone horribly wrong.

Football is a funny old game where clubs can be a victim of their own success, a good run of form and some excellent football can raise expectations and set the standard by which fans want that as a minimum. I think that is highlighted perfectly at Swansea. A few years ago they would have been delighted just to be in the Premier League, but after finishing in the top half and qualifying for Europe fans expect to maintain this and want a top performing side week in, week out. This increases the pressure on the manager and squad and sadly for Monk they've had a bad run since August.

• Guest locked this topic