Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

Rio called the book a 'sleeping tablet', and judging by this extract from the book, he may be right.

"Having shorter hair certainly took some getting used to," Savage writes. "I got in the shower, reached for the shampoo, and before I knew it, I was done!

"I don't really follow fashion, I create it."

:lol:

Does he honestly think that? I dunno, sometimes I think that some of these arseholes just say shit like this because of their constructed persona (Ibrahimovic). With Savage, you kind of feel that he might actually be like this.

Aye I've no doubt that Savage is a complete bellend. I get the sense that he thinks when most rip into him it's 'banter' which is why he has taken the Terry criticism really hard as it's clear Terry was just calling him shit and not even trying to make a joke of it. I think he forgets that although he was a Premier League player he was nowt more than a destroyer really, the fact he tries to act and dress like a flair player doesn't change that fact.

Fulham and Yeading

:good:

When Clarky scored for Fulham at LR he got dogs abuse from those around us, until someone pointed out that his brother was stood just in front of us :lol:

Was at the Yeading game too. Boumsong made to look a mug by non league tryers in his second(?) game for us. It was a sign :huh:

Aye I've no doubt that Savage is a complete bellend. I get the sense that he thinks when most rip into him it's 'banter' which is why he has taken the Terry criticism really hard as it's clear Terry was just calling him shit and not even trying to make a joke of it. I think he forgets that although he was a Premier League player he was nowt more than a destroyer really, the fact he tries to act and dress like a flair player doesn't change that fact.

Doesnt help when he was on that class of '92 shite too playing with Beckham, Giggs, Scholes etc as if he was at their level. Cock.

Doesnt help when he was on that class of '92 shite too playing with Beckham, Giggs, Scholes etc as if he was at their level. Cock.

If we're talking 1992 I think Savage compares with Carlton Palmer. With less goal threat

Rio called the book a 'sleeping tablet', and judging by this extract from the book, he may be right.

"Having shorter hair certainly took some getting used to," Savage writes. "I got in the shower, reached for the shampoo, and before I knew it, I was done!

"I don't really follow fashion, I create it."

Says the man with an Armani tattoo :lol:

He was like.If you haven't played at the highest level and won trophies blah blah blah.

Terry was saying that he doesn't have a problem being criticised by people in the media who know what they're talking about. But he won't have someone like Robbie Savage, whose sole purpose is to be controversial rather than offer any insight, telling him how he should be playing.

Terry's got no issue with your average man on the street saying this or that, because it's unlikely to colour opinion, but when the critic is supposed to be an expert, they should really have more to say than the average man on the street.

For Savage see Owen, Wright, Collymore, everyone else on Talksport, most people on 5Live. These men haven't the wherewithal to inform the public, yet they're charged with doing exactly that.

(fwiw le Tissier has been critical of Terry, as have many of the journalists, and Terry hasn't a problem with them, so it's obviously not about what they've won, or what level they've played at, it's about whether you talk utter shit, or not.)

Edited by The Fish

Savage only said what other people in the media are saying.Highlighting Savage's career and comparing it to Ferdinands career was pathetic and clearly shows that Terry has a problem with Savage.Yes Savage talks shite but he is of the opinion that Terry's legs have gone.What is the difference between Savage saying his legs have gone,you saying the same and Ferdinand saying the same.Absolutely nowt.He's picked up and commented on what Savage said,no one else, as far as i'm aware.He clearly doesn't get on with the long haired wanker.

Savage only said what other people in the media are saying.Highlighting Savage's career and comparing it to Ferdinands career was pathetic and clearly shows that Terry has a problem with Savage.Yes Savage talks shite but he is of the opinion that Terry's legs have gone.What is the difference between Savage saying his legs have gone,you saying the same and Ferdinand saying the same.Absolutely nowt.He's picked up and commented on what Savage said,no one else, as far as i'm aware.He clearly doesn't get on with the long haired wanker.

Savage colours public perception with his idiocy.

Ferdinand is in a position to talk about how a top class defender should play towards the end of his career.

I am a knobhead on a messageboard.

There are the differences, dear boy.

• Guest locked this topic