Other games 2015/16

Kid Dynamite

Top goalscorer, lol we were shite , in 5 appearances up to it he hadn't scored right? Then he scored 2/7 in that run.. 1 was a penalty against Romania, and shearer shad the same slowing effect on the team that Rooney has. He did beat Germany mind.

Beaten by Portugal and Romania and not into the knockout stages. I love Shearer he was undoubtedly mint, but he just wasn't anywhere near as quick as he was before his injury. At the time it was a 19 or 20 year old Owen and 25 year old on fire fowler and we wont mention Kevin Phillips. Shearer got the nod but the team were more fluid without him. Long time ago now, but that's how I remember it. Portugal were good though.

Saying that, just read Hodgson today saying we owe rooney better and he's been in the last 10 games as captain and they've won all ten.

Always the same, we'll go in with rooney and the fans screaming for Vardy or whatever and get knocked out at the first bloody stage again wont we?

Edited by scoobos

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case anyone doubted otherwise good old Roy has made it clear:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35908204

"I have to repeat Wayne is our captain and he has captained the team extremely well in the past two years.

"He took us through a qualifying campaign where we had a complete success with 10 wins out out 10. It doesn't please me too much that it is suggested now that the moment he is injured and doesn't play he gets jettisoned in some way. He doesn't deserve that."
Aye spot on Roy he doesn't deserve dropped, the two lads with 19 Premier League goals each deserve to wait behind him as he inevitably fails at another International tournament. He also makes it seem like Rooney was a major reason for England qualifying from that shit group, when really he scored a few penalties. I'm sure we'd have qualified fine with Kane or whoever else up front tbh.
Edited by Howay

In case anyone doubted otherwise good old Roy has made it clear:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35908204

"I have to repeat Wayne is our captain and he has captained the team extremely well in the past two years.

"He took us through a qualifying campaign where we had a complete success with 10 wins out out 10. It doesn't please me too much that it is suggested now that the moment he is injured and doesn't play he gets jettisoned in some way. He doesn't deserve that."
Aye spot on Roy he doesn't deserve dropped, the two lads with 19 Premier League goals each deserve to wait behind him as he inevitably fails at another International tournament. He also makes it seem like Rooney was a major reason for England qualifying from that shit group, when really he scored a few penalties. I'm sure we'd have qualified fine with Kane or whoever else up front tbh.

Funny how he doesnt say whether England are a better team with or without him right now. Its not about who deserves what, you've got to play your best in form 11. If he was currently looking better than Vardy or Kane noone would be asking for him to be left out.

Either way, good luck, might be another painful tournament if that statement is anything to go by.

Top goalscorer, lol we were shite , in 5 appearances up to it he hadn't scored right? Then he scored 2/7 in that run.. 1 was a penalty against Romania, and shearer shad the same slowing effect on the team that Rooney has. He did beat Germany mind.

Beaten by Portugal and Romania and not into the knockout stages. I love Shearer he was undoubtedly mint, but he just wasn't anywhere near as quick as he was before his injury. At the time it was a 19 or 20 year old Owen and 25 year old on fire fowler and we wont mention Kevin Phillips. Shearer got the nod but the team were more fluid without him. Long time ago now, but that's how I remember it. Portugal were good though.

Saying that, just read Hodgson today saying we owe rooney better and he's been in the last 10 games as captain and they've won all ten.

Always the same, we'll go in with rooney and the fans screaming for Vardy or whatever and get knocked out at the first bloody stage again wont we?

Any team with Alan Shearer in, is a better team

Shearer's international retirement of course left room for the next generation of great England goalscorers such as Andy Cole, Robbie Fowler, Darius Vassell and Emile Heskey.

My dad was at a talk-in he was doing up at Ashington Cricket Club the other day and reckons he comes across as a really nice, down to earth lad. Shame for him and us as he's come on leaps and bounds.