If you could start a business...

Park Life

A real time game run over the net.

Players have to find each other and blue jack other players phones.

Each player registers with a username vague location and vague hobbies.

Then players track each other down and send codes via bluetooth.

league table shows who has the most connections.

It's like a game for stalkers really.

Right up your street. ;)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Location? Spend per head? Rent?

Like the sound of Eng tapas...But what is it?

Location; probably a city with a growing young-professional crowd, not London or Edinburgh though. Too much competition and disproportionate rent. A Russell Group university town would be good, maybe Bristol? Leeds?

Price, initially around £7 entry, needs to be low enough to it's a viable alternative to cinema/live music, but enough to cover the modest price of headliner & 2 mid-card acts for 3 nights a week. Obviously charge more for Edinburgh previews or touring shows. Make the majority of the money on food and booze (cocktails and "premium ales" and the like).

English tapas would be things like; Fishcakes, sausage with mash and onion pressed into the lengthways cut, mini yorkshire puds with beef and horseradish, chargrilled pork and apple on skewers? Broth? crudite with pease pudding? Probably have to put some proper veg in there too, but that's not my strong point.

Opening a bar/pub/restaurant would be cool but I would be dead in a year or two, or least 50 stone.

I could always pay for some PI and PL insurance and pimp myself as a consultant but it means being nice to clients, cba.

A real time game run over the net.

Players have to find each other and blue jack other players phones.

Each player registers with a username vague location and vague hobbies.

Then players track each other down and send codes via bluetooth.

league table shows who has the most connections.

It's like a game for stalkers really.

I feel like I've read a crime thriller with a very similar premise.. or maybe it was an episode of CSI or something that I watched.

I feel like I've read a crime thriller with a very similar premise.. or maybe it was an episode of CSI or something that I watched.

It was the beginning of an 80's film where they shoot each other with paintball guns. I think. Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

English tapas :lol:

Pork pies, locally sourced meats, pickled veg, quiche, sardines....couple of places on Poole quay do it, it's like a buffet for the broadsheet set...

I've always wanted to open a shop selling vinyl & CDs, new/old etc....the blueprint is just up the road from Poole in a small market town...

https://www.pixieme.org/businesses/4144/square-records

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/12900242.Vinyl_lovers_queue_for_two_days_outside_music_shop_for_Record_Store_Day/

they're well established but starting one from scratch and making it a success is probably impossible...these lads in Pompey introduced something else to attract the customers...

http://www.pieandvinyl.co.uk

Edited by PaddockLad

I'd start up an arcade. Classic 80s video games and pinball machines, films playing on a cinema screen all day, jukebox, burger bar etc

It would obviously run at a massive loss but it would be my very own 'entertainment 720'

Pork pies, locally sourced meats, pickled veg, quiche, sardines....couple of places on Poole quay do it, it's like a buffet for the broadsheet set...

AKA 'bar snacks'

these lads in Pompey introduced something else to attract the customers...

Some fish and chips while you buy your vinyl.

Not with those greasy fingers you uncouth twat.

What recipe for disaster unless you want to be selling new records second hand.

No Face No Family - Vegan/Veg Bier Garden, Sydney, in the style of those cafes around Rooden Hoed in Antwerpen.

For some strange reason considering Sydney's climate they don't exist here.

AKA 'bar snacks'

How much would a punter pay for "bar snacks" how much would they pay for "Traditional, locally sourced British Tapas".

And no I don't care that I've put traditional & British Tapas in the same sentence, because most customers won't care.

Probably a bar. Would try and get some decent DJs in for the weekends, I'd handle the music the rest of the time. Nee pool table, nee darts but I'd have a good selection of drink, if I could manage it. If you asked for Geordie tapas, you'd get three bags of crisps for the table to share.

I'd basically just want to take over Tilleys tbh.

Probably a bar. Would try and get some decent DJs in for the weekends, I'd handle the music the rest of the time. Nee pool table, nee darts but I'd have a good selection of drink, if I could manage it. If you asked for Geordie tapas, you'd get three bags of crisps for the table to share.

I'd basically just want to take over Tilleys tbh.

Can you do something about the seating? Like sardines in there when its chocka with those booth things :cuppa:

I'd set up a crime-fighting agency with a talking/robotic cat and Salma Hayek as sidekicks.

Each of our cases would be increasingly ridiculous, but would all be successfully resolved and Salma and I would celebrate appropriately ( the cat would get a biscuit, or something).

After 5 years, we'd shift our investigations into the paranormal.

Cost- small office/bedsit rental.

Location- Doncaster.

I'd set up a crime-fighting agency with a talking/robotic cat and Salma Hayek as sidekicks.

Each of our cases would be increasingly ridiculous, but would all be successfully resolved and Salma and I would celebrate appropriately ( the cat would get a biscuit, or something).

Location- Doncaster.

Make it Uttoxeter and it's a winner.

Location; probably a city with a growing young-professional crowd, not London or Edinburgh though. Too much competition and disproportionate rent. A Russell Group university town would be goodmaybe Bristol? Leeds?

Price, initially around £7 entry, needs to be low enough to it's a viable alternative to cinema/live music, but enough to cover the modest price of headliner & 2 mid-card acts for 3 nights a week. Obviously charge more for Edinburgh previews or touring shows. Make the majority of the money on food and booze (cocktails and "premium ales" and the like).

English tapas would be things like; Fishcakes, sausage with mash and onion pressed into the lengthways cut, mini yorkshire puds with beef and horseradish, chargrilled pork and apple on skewers? Broth? crudite with pease pudding? Probably have to put some proper veg in there too, but that's not my strong point.

1339181000869_8032746.png

Location- Doncaster.

How the fuck are you going to talk Salma into this shit? Otherwise good to go.

Oh, you've added the budget thing since I last looked. Fuck knows, I thought this was for unrealistic pipe dreams. :D If we're being realistic then obviously my own translation firm would be the obvious way to go, the main problem being that I hate every single one of our clients so it's probably best I don't have to deal with them directly.

"every single one" :lol: The specificity of that hatred.