If you could start a business...

Park Life

What would it be? Tell us about your mad dreams 9-5 slave. :)

One of my English mates here started a postal collectable records business....Lasted about a year.

Another friend started a Hawaiian massage (Lomu) about two years ago...Still going strong (even tho she juggles it with 3 kids).

Initial budget must be under 100k.

Edited by Park Life

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love to run a comedy venue. Small theatre upstairs, wee bar on the ground floor. Serve simple lunches during the day, english tapas in the evening. Put on comedy nights thursday-saturday nights. Sunday-Wednesday open it up to anything that can be run on a small stage with a 80-100 cap room.

Love to run a comedy venue. Small theatre upstairs, wee bar on the ground floor. Serve simple lunches during the day, english tapas in the evening. Put on comedy nights thursday-saturday nights. Sunday-Wednesday open it up to anything that can be run on a small stage with a 80-100 cap room.

Location? Spend per head? Rent?

Like the sound of Eng tapas...But what is it?

As for me, obviously a two-roomed bar, non-stop country and western in one room, non-stop Eurovision in the other. No tapas.

Strong theme. Like it.

Location and costings?

Strong theme. Like it.

Location and costings?

Oh, you've added the budget thing since I last looked. Fuck knows, I thought this was for unrealistic pipe dreams. :D If we're being realistic then obviously my own translation firm would be the obvious way to go, the main problem being that I hate every single one of our clients so it's probably best I don't have to deal with them directly.

Oh, you've added the budget thing since I last looked. Fuck knows, I thought this was for unrealistic pipe dreams. :D If we're being realistic then obviously my own translation firm would be the obvious way to go, the main problem being that I hate every single one of our clients so it's probably best I don't have to deal with them directly.

Bar without food saves opening costs.

Two rooms with food and staff in London will cost 300k plus for fit out, staff, marketing and stock etc...

If you require people to dress up then more can be charged on drinks if it has a clubby atmosphere...:)

Without food if you get a cheap rental location it can be done for under 100k.

A functioning bar type venue can make 2-3k a night on average.

A real time game run over the net.

Players have to find each other and blue jack other players phones.

Each player registers with a username vague location and vague hobbies.

Then players track each other down and send codes via bluetooth.

league table shows who has the most connections.

It's like a game for stalkers really.

Showing there is a market for it.....Thus far untapped....;)

You have a whiff of authenticity (you have deep knowledge of the territory) about you which is the benchmark of any startup....

Screens showing retro Eurovision nights, themed drinks, cosmopolitan crowd...Smells like a winner.

Being boring but a shop that indulges one of my hobbies to games, guitars or archery (I really wanted that to start with a G).

I like places that have a space for using what they sell though, game shop with an extra room for playing stuff in, guitar shop with plenty of soundproofed private rooms people can use gear in, archery shop with a range.

The last one of those is probably the most feasible and has the biggest market gap but also probably requires the most space meaning location might be tricky

Showing there is a market for it.....Thus far untapped.... ;)

...other than by the places you linked to, the places I linked to, the other places that also exist but that neither of us linked to... :lol:

...other than by the places you linked to, the places I linked to, the other places that also exist but that neither of us linked to... :lol:

Do they do it all year round?

A real time game run over the net.

Players have to find each other and blue jack other players phones.

Each player registers with a username vague location and vague hobbies.

Then players track each other down and send codes via bluetooth.

league table shows who has the most connections.

It's like a game for stalkers really.

I don't understand it.

Being boring but a shop that indulges one of my hobbies to games, guitars or archery (I really wanted that to start with a G).

I like places that have a space for using what they sell though, game shop with an extra room for playing stuff in, guitar shop with plenty of soundproofed private rooms people can use gear in, archery shop with a range.

The last one of those is probably the most feasible and has the biggest market gap but also probably requires the most space meaning location might be tricky

Make your fuking mind up.