Four years on since

Ayatollah Hermione

I thought about asking how you even survive on Twitter, but then I remembered you have the podcast to spill over into...

Not any more :cry:

Missed the final one of the season as well, because I was emptying my guts into the porcelain altar.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah... presumably it's back next season though? You could do a Euros special maybe?

Has anyone on here followed it? I'm actually kind of curious.

lol i do have one black shirt tbf, mine are generally those two tone ones with white collar/cuffs though.

Can't get away with wandering around in my GnR t-shirts and such now, boss man so need to look slick when i'm laying down the law.

I genuinely didn't know you could still buy those!?

0B95400F-0C92-4BDF-A689-3FD2B850629F_zps

Not any more :cry:

Missed the final one of the season as well, because I was emptying my guts into the porcelain altar.

I was wondering if you were going to do any more with moving oop north in the near future.

Also possibly finished now we're not in the PL?

I was wondering if you were going to do any more with moving oop north in the near future.

Also possibly finished now we're not in the PL?

Probably phone in, and whenever I'm down I'll pop in.

I doubt the podcast will end, there'll still be enough interest to justify it.

Remember in the 80s when those green and white striped shirts were all the rage for a while. Wore one to many a middle school disco. The place looked like a packet of Pacers.

Really? see plenty of people wearing them generally :dunno:

well the black one is just black but aye like this one but generally i've the sleeves rolled up anyway

7143.jpg

either way the summary is, i'm slick. :lol:

;)

And red braces.

I've given up the shirt and tie and gone for the geek look which seems to be acceptable here. Canvas trousers of some description and a lumberjack shirt. I'll be needing glasses soon which will complete the look.

• The infamous blue shirt and white collar is acceptable, as long as the shade of blue isn’t too deep and accompanied with a power tie. This ode to Gekko works much better today in a light pink, baby blue, or lavender shirt, and without a tie.

• Skip the monograms… Unless your initials are D.I.K.

No shirt pockets or collar buttons. This isn’t a 1994 Brooks Brothers catalogue.

Make sure your shirts are tapered appropriately. If you want to see how ridiculous ‘blousy’ looks, go back and watch some old Seinfeld reruns.

Have new shirts made every year and donate the old ones to Career Gear, a great non-profit that provides interview clothes to low income individuals.

French cuffs are fine, provided that the cufflinks aren’t straight out of the Donald J. Trump collection.

And if you sweat, wear a damn undershirt, you slob. Besides, a $50 t-shirt will save numerous $200 dress shirts from your disgusting armpits.

• The infamous blue shirt and white collar is acceptable, as long as the shade of blue isn’t too deep and accompanied with a power tie. This ode to Gekko works much better today in a light pink, baby blue, or lavender shirt, and without a tie.
  • Skip the monograms… Unless your initials are D.I.K.
  • No shirt pockets or collar buttons. This isn’t a 1994 Brooks Brothers catalogue.
  • Make sure your shirts are tapered appropriately. If you want to see how ridiculous ‘blousy’ looks, go back and watch some old Seinfeld reruns.
  • Have new shirts made every year and donate the old ones to Career Gear, a great non-profit that provides interview clothes to low income individuals.
  • French cuffs are fine, provided that the cufflinks aren’t straight out of the Donald J. Trump collection.
  • And if you sweat, wear a damn undershirt, you slob. Besides, a $50 t-shirt will save numerous $200 dress shirts from your disgusting armpits.

looks like someone needs to check their privilege

looks like someone needs to check their privilege

Not sure you've grasped the meaning of that phrase, or the correct utilisation anyway. You use it when people complain about something that reflects their social status or wealth and which, when placed into the context of the relative distribution of wealth, renders the complaint socially jarring for those without. Or more simply by wankers.

Anyway, its not me going round like a cross between Tyson Fury and Gordon Gekko.

• Make sure your shirts are tapered appropriately. If you want to see how ridiculous ‘blousy’ looks, go back and watch some old Seinfeld reruns.

This bit is true. The G-Prince wears strictly slim fit or tailored shirts these days. The amount of excess material in a "regular fit" shirt is scandalous. As is the view that colleagues get of my nipples in my slim fit shirts.

Not sure you've grasped the meaning of that phrase, or the correct utilisation anyway. You use it when people complain about something that reflects their social status or wealth and which, when placed into the context of the relative distribution of wealth, renders the complaint socially jarring for those without. Or more simply by wankers.

Anyway, its not me going round like a cross between Tyson Fury and Gordon Gekko.

OOO did that strike a nerve? I was joking as it happens since I assumed you'd copied that off some gents fashion website for the sort of person who buys chap magazine unironically but now I'm a bit less sure. :razz:

You're the one posting about $200 dress shirts and getting your work wear made annually.