Happy Ramadan everyone!!

Gene_Clark

A very happy Ramadan to you as well.

It's going to be a tough one this year I reckon, with the bairn teething just as I start. A week left in school as well. The little shits are about to see a side of me they never dreamed existed.

"No, I don't give a fuck if Adolfo threw an eraser at you! Do you realise I haven't eaten since 4 in the fucking morning? Shrivel up and die you little cunt! Let me call your slag of a mother in here so I can tell her all about the birth control she should've employed some twelve years ago!"

I was traveling down to the Keys in Florida just after 9/11 and we stayed at a Ramada Inn hotel for a couple of nights. Think it was near Marathon. I insisted on calling it the Ramadam Hotel and my big 'gag' at reception was asking whether they served food during the day.

Only Dave's comedy Twitter account has mis- read an audience as badly since.

I was traveling down to the Keys in Florida just after 9/11 and we stayed at a Ramada Inn hotel for a couple of nights. Think it was near Marathon. I insisted on calling it the Ramadam Hotel and my big 'gag' at reception was asking whether they served food during the day.

:lol:

:lol:

I used to work with a lad who was Muslim lite who told me his childhood experience of it was it being worse when in summer but I didn't realise until this year how wide the range was - I thought the earliest it got was september.

You would think those that have moved to more northern climes (I read there are some in Scandinavia who are completely fucked) would lead to more questioning Allah's plan but they probably just see it as a bigger challenge.

I used to work with a lad who was Muslim lite who told me his childhood experience of it was it being worse when in summer but I didn't realise until this year how wide the range was - I thought the earliest it got was september.

You would think those that have moved to more northern climes (I read there are some in Scandinavia who are completely fucked) would lead to more questioning Allah's plan but they probably just see it as a bigger challenge.

There's a bit in today's Guardian about those who practice it and are in St. Petesberg.

There's a bit in today's Guardian about those who practice it and are in St. Petesberg.

Fuck all to eat there all year round though, shirls?

Edited by trophyshy

There are people in the far north who fast those ridiculous hours, but the commonly accepted practice is that if you are faced with a sunrise-sunset cycle that is unreasonable, to pick a place in the world (usually your own home city or Mecca) and fast as if you were there.

There are people in the far north who fast those ridiculous hours, but the commonly accepted practice is that if you are faced with a sunrise-sunset cycle that is unreasonable, to pick a place in the world (usually your own home city or Mecca) and fast as if you were there.

Must be a piece of piss when it falls in December though.

20 odd hours in that weather isnt so bad. Try coming here and keeping a 17 hour fast in 46C :lol:

And yes, everything is a test of course :) Its not the end of the world really. Always amuses me when people who dont fast make a massive deal out of it. Its not easy but its hardly the most difficult thing you'll ever do.

I'm shuddering to imagine how a moist toilet wipe is achieved. Unless you're talking about using a baby wipe, which can't be flushed down the toilet - I can only assume you keep a rubbish bin of these soiled beauties close by. Must smell lush with the warm weather coming in