Metal Detecting:NSFW. Contains images of boobs and dirt holes, as well as pigeon corpses.

Christmas Tree

tbh those look like fragments rather than objects

The ampu thingy were often destroyed when they were put into the fields. If not the ploughs often get them.

The coin is as it was used. Quite often they were cut into halves or even quarters.

"When small change was required the mint would cut a silver penny, following the lines of the cross on the reverse of the coin, into halves or quarters to make "small change". R.J. Seaman points out, "the cutting of coins was done at the mint and it was illegal for the public to sever a coin... the penalties for mutilation of the king's money were too severe" for common people to cut coins themselves"

"I declare that this is a button from the tunic of Hereward the Wake who passed through here on holiday in 875 AD"

"ooooooo"

" Ooh, d'you think he stayed at that caravan park over there? Must ask the owner if we can dig his lawns up"

According to the Chivalric Code, I must choose a weapon of similar size.

I choose CT's button mushroom.

Well I'm not going anywhere near that, so I'd say you've won :lol:

Although I only assumed it'd be you as part of some elaborate wind up or just to get him to tell us so we could take the piss :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Gone a bit quiet in here.

You sold the beepy stick yet, Tubs?

Tubs :lol:

12-10 and nearly into my 32 waist jeans you cheeky twat.

Haven't been out for a few weeks due to family birthdays, work etc and missing this Sunday due to the match.

Crops are all due for cutting this month so plenty of detecting coming soon.

Tubs :lol:

12-10 and nearly into my 32 waist jeans you c;heeky twat.

Haven't been out for a few weeks due to family birthdays, work etc and missing this Sunday due to the match.

Crops are all due for cutting this month so plenty of detecting coming soon.

:scratchchin:

He was nearly into his 32" waist jeans at 12:10, Saturday afternoon, July 5th, 1983.

Out around Barnard Castle today. :)

One of today's finds was a bird ring. Apparently there's a site where you fill in the details and the birds owner gets closure. Did this a couple of hours ago and just got this reply.

4d3e2066e3675b964d20557a381197a4.jpg

21508ca9cb48da1495e59d26d0700e1c.jpg

:lol: The world you are now a part of.