McClaren, Laudrup, Carvs, The tea lady?

Howay

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't disagree, but you've always got to have a bit of hope or there's really little point.

Thats the point about Ashley. Hes drained all hope from the supporters like a vampire

It's hard to believe people are accepting and even willing McLaren to take the job he really is only a sideways step from Pardew. Admittedly he's better than Carver and maybe's that is why people want McLaren because the alternative would be to much to bear.

It's hard to believe people are accepting and even willing McLaren to take the job he really is only a sideways step from Pardew. Admittedly he's better than Carver and maybe's that is why people want McLaren because the alternative would be to much to bear.

He's the most qualified coach in terms of what he's achieved at other clubs that Ashley has appointed. I'd say he's a step up from Pardew, albeit a small one. He won trophies at two of his former clubs.

He's the most qualified coach in terms of what he's achieved at other clubs that Ashley has appointed. I'd say he's a step up from Pardew, albeit a small one. He won trophies at two of his former clubs.

Aye, he's definitely a step up from Pardew. He's not the most ambitious appointment but he'll be the best Ashley has ever appointed (Keegan excluded but that was never working out).

Yeah. I agree. He is a step up. It's not ground breaking or anything but I do think he'll do a better job than Pardew.

This. It's not the game changer we all hope for but at least it's not the usual fuck up.

It's quite a statement about how awful Carver was and how fearful people are of Ashley screwing the club again that we're hoping for McClaren. While this selection isn't as disastrous as it could be (and may still be - nothing's official yet), it leaves me less inclined to take Ashley at his word that he will bring some talent in and "bolt the cart on the horse". Even if McClaren is serviceable, without meaningful investment in talent, he'll not fare much better with the current squad than the last two "coaches".

McClaren has taken his clubs to at least a semi final every 2 years. He's won cups and been to several finals.

Pardew once got to a semi final and final which he lost.

I've been told that the club has arranged a press conference next week to unveil the new manager who they've already appointed but not yet announced.

Points to either McClaren or Carver as they're the only two we're being told havbeen spoken to.

Given up on the hope it'll be someone exciting but I'm somewhat relieved that it's an improvement on Pardew.

Don't think this will encourage many people who'd given up their ticket to renew, though. There'll have to be a good amount of incoming players for that to happen, imo.

I'm more hopeful it won't be Carver but certainly not yet convinced.

I've got mates who have cancelled their tickets who have said they're on the verge of getting them back but McClaren would put them off. Personally I massively prefer him to Carver and more than a bit over Pardew (if only for not being a complete cunt) and I like that he has a reputation for being a really good coach. I'd like to think HF's stats on his cup record will translate to something here but I'm still far from convinced he will be allowed to give the cups a go if he is appointed.

If Carver had had us around 15th for the duration of his stewardship, he might have been in with a shout, but scraping survival on the final day must have ended his hopes of getting the job full time?

I can't believe anyone would risk giving John "a win would be nice, but it's all about the 3pts" Carver the Head Coach job. That'd be career suicide, no?

Edited by The Fish

If Carver had had us around 15th for the duration of his stewardship, he might have been in with a shout, but scraping survival on the final day must have ended his hopes of getting the job full time?

I can't believe anyone would risk giving John "a win would be nice, but it's all about the 3pts" Carver the Head Coach job is suicide?

Have you got Lee Ryder writing your sentences now?

Have you got Lee Ryder writing your sentences now?

:lol: I can't fucking win; use full paragraphs and I'm verbose, try for brevity and I'm Lee fucking Ryder.

Gan shove a candle up yer bumhole

:lol: I can't fucking win; use full paragraphs and I'm verbose, try for brevity and I'm Lee fucking Ryder.

Gan shove a candle up yer bumhole

Just something that makes some sort of sense will do. I've always had a leaning more towards numbers than letters so I'm not really the one to have a go but "I can't believe anyone would risk giving John "a win would be nice, but it's all about the 3pts" Carver the Head Coach job is suicide?" is awful :D Edited by David Kelly

Just something that makes some sort of sense will do. I've always had a leaning more towards numbers than letters so I'm not really the one to have a go but "I can't believe anyone would risk giving John "a win would be nice, but it's all about the 3pts" Carver the Head Coach job is suicide?" is awful :D

Aye I got distracted half way through and kind of just gave up :lol:

Let's just pretend it never happened?

Definitely a step up from Pardew tbh.

That said, he's probably just a better version of the aforementioned. I really wanted an all new, er, version.

I'd be fairly content with McClaren if he was able to get his own staff in, removing 'JC' and 'Stoney' in the process. Why we have to stick with them is beyond me, lengthy contracts or not.

Definitely a step up from Pardew tbh.

That said, he's probably just a better version of the aforementioned. I really wanted an all new, er, version.

I'd be fairly content with McClaren if he was able to get his own staff in, removing 'JC' and 'Stoney' in the process. Why we have to stick with them is beyond me, lengthy contracts or not.

Holding out hope that Carver will be moved into a new role, with the reserves maybe? Woodman is off to Palace, isn't he?