McClaren, Laudrup, Carvs, The tea lady?

Howay

It's not rocket science Fish. Good coaches would be interested in NUFC, but only if Ashley wasn't here and the entire philosophy of the club was different.

McClaren is a bang average coach who might do a job if given loads of money. But under Ashley, I don't know how anyone can say with any confidence that he'd do a better job than Pardew, because let's get fucking real here, the statement was bollocks, nothing at all has changed about how this club is run.

Good coaches would be interest in NUFC if enough parts of the philosophy were different. Say for example permitting the incoming coach to bring his own staff. That'd probably do it for many.

Fucking idiot.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good coaches would be interest in NUFC if enough parts of the philosophy were different. Say for example permitting the incoming coach to bring his own staff. That'd probably do it for many.

Fucking idiot.

Quality coaches might be interested if we were run by someone else. No one with much about them will want to work under the fat cunt's conditions. There's nothing idiotic about that. Perfectly rational view when you look at the recent evidence.

Schteve is a good appointment under the circumstances and given the owner's track record. We probably have a decent chance of getting him now because his stock has fallen a bit since winning the Dutch league. Still plenty of time for our lot to fuck it up then blame talks collapsing on McClaren's poor interview skills, before bringing in David Pleat.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Quality coaches might be interested if we were run by someone else. No one with much about them will want to work under the fat cunt's conditions. There's nothing idiotic about that. Perfectly rational view when you look at the recent evidence.

Schteve is a good appointment under the circumstances and given the owner's track record. We probably have a decent chance of getting him now because his stock has fallen a bit since winning the Dutch league. Still plenty of time for our lot to fuck it up then blame talks collapsing McClaren's poor interview skills before bringing in David Pleat.

We're going round in circles. We're about 5 degrees off each other's course. You say no good coach will be interested in NUFC, I say many will. You say you meant under Ashley's particular restrictions, I say that there'll still be plenty interested in the job with limited input on transfers. You say you meant that once Lee Charnley's intransigence means there are insurmountable obstacles nobody will be interested, I agree.

Just thinking, would having a fan representative on the board change anything?

Could their impassioned pleas sway a toady shit like Charnley, or is he implacable?

I think it's more about your u-turn. You seemed to be pretty adamant you weren't going back while Ashley was there (despite having hardly missed a home game this season).

You can see where the confusion lies?

I didn't go to one game till I got a freebie for Chelsea which was near Christmas. We won 2-1 against a team who seemed unbeatable at the time, so obviously I missed that feeling of going. Tiocfaidh Ar La as they say in Ireland, our time will come.

We're going round in circles. We're about 5 degrees off each other's course. You say no good coach will be interested in NUFC, I say many will. You say you meant under Ashley's particular restrictions, I say that there'll still be plenty interested in the job with limited input on transfers. You say you meant that once Lee Charnley's intransigence means there are insurmountable obstacles nobody will be interested, I agree.

i always said no quality continental coach will be interested in us because of ashley and the conditions that he imposes on any coach. plus he wouldn't have the nous or inclination to go for someone like garde anyway.

you always argued that Europe's brightest young and ambitious coaches, like garde, would come and work for us despite the obvious restrictions of working for ashley, because of the history of the club, the size of the league etc. and because someone like garde would be used to having limited say over transfers, having worked for european clubs that employ director of football/head coach models.

you also suggested ashley would want to hire someone like that this to protect his investment.

we are going around in circles. i'm still right, you're still wrong.

Edited by Dr Gloom

I think it's more about your u-turn. You seemed to be pretty adamant you weren't going back while Ashley was there (despite having hardly missed a home game this season).

I am not sure what is not difficult to not understand about this.

Supporting Newcastle is a roller coaster and flip flopping emotions has always been normal.

I've even been known to have the odd flip flop myself.

You gotta have hope.

Never! :CT:

ARE YOU….

Desperate?

Out of work?

Have no professional pride?

Willing to work for less than anybody else in equivalent posts?

Happy to have no say in how you carry out your role?

Willing to take on an existing support team who have proved not up to the job?

Be prepared to say anything you are told to say when speaking to the media?

Able to face humiliation and to be seen as a laughing stock?

Not bothered about saying something that contradicts what you said yesterday?

Manage a demoralised, mainly foreign, (relatively) low wage unmotivated workforce?

Don’t mind working without the necessary ‘Tools’ for the job?

We have just the job for you.

Apply in crayon to:

Mr Lee Charnley

Chief (Executive) Clown

St James’ Park Circus

Newcastle Upon Tyne

(Can) NE1 (please come and save us from Mike Ashley…?)

(***This Head Coach job has been previously advertised, any credible people who have already been in touch – don’t bother us again)

- See more at: http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/06/newcastle-managerhead-coach-job-re-advertised/#sthash.Bbn5at0Q.dpuf

We don't have McLaren yet.... If we get him, I'll be happy that at least we've got the very best we're ever going to get under Ashley. Not O'Leary, George Graham in an iron lung or a league 2 manager etc. Great post Trooper btw.

Edited by scoobos

:lol: he's paid in most of the games he would have missed anyway

:lol: he's paid in most of the games he would have missed anyway

Paid people off twitter a 10a or got Nicola's ticket for free 3 or 4 times. I'll decide in August what I'm doing. Selling your big man Sissoko means fuck all to me, not in the top 10 MC's we've had in my time supporting the club.

Supporting Newcastle is a roller coaster and flip flopping emotions has always been normal.

I've even been known to have the odd flip flop myself.

You gotta have hope.

Rollercoasters that CRASH now and again, as they do.