Making your own luck

Makom

It all just sounds like a PR excersise to me. They're not actually interested in doing better just looking like they want to do better.

An appointment of a new head coach by the end of next week would be a step in the right direction but the appointment of Carver would just prove that it's a waste of time listening to anything that comes out the club.

That's it for me, in order to prove their words aren't hollow, they must get this right, before anything else. Highly unlikely it'll be perfect, but can't be worse than Carver.

Edited by The Fish

That's it for me, unless they prove their words aren't hollow, they must get this right, before anything else. Highly unlikely it'll be perfect, but can't be worse than Carver.

It's the speed of the appointment for me as much who it is. We need a massive amount of work this summer and need someone in place as soon as possible. If it drags on it makes it all the bigger struggle and just shows them up for not having a clue what they are doing. The time since Pardew left has meen more than enough to confirm Carver cannot get the job and allow all the legwork necessary to find out who is available, interested and capable. If they're still going through that process now they want fucking!

It's the speed of the appointment for me as much who it is. We need a massive amount of work this summer and need someone in place as soon as possible. If it drags on it makes it all the bigger struggle and just shows them up for not having a clue what they are doing. The time since Pardew left has meen more than enough to confirm Carver cannot get the job and allow all the legwork necessary to find out who is available, interested and capable. If they're still going through that process now they want fucking!

The uncertainty of survival may have stalled their plans (ironically an uncertainty that could have been avoided by making an appointment in the fucking first place), but I agree, there should be an appointment made asap.

If Garde* is announced within a fortnight I'll be more willing to suspend cynicism towards Ashley's piece to camera.

*Just an example it's not that I love him or have posters above my bed or owt.

The uncertainty of survival may have stalled their plans (ironically an uncertainty that could have been avoided by making an appointment in the fucking first place), but I agree, there should be an appointment made asap.

If Garde* is announced within a fortnight I'll be more willing to suspend cynicism towards Ashley's piece to camera.

*Just an example it's not that I love him or have posters above my bed or owt.

Fuck off you're just praying for him to say you were right all along ;)

Aye I'll buy that the threat of relegation put things on hold to an extent but they've only realised it was a threat in the last month or so. They should have been finished the process of narrowing down the shortlist before then.

One thing in our favour is that the new coach is unlikely to have much say in our transfer business and so any delay in that appointment shouldn't affect our progress in signing new players.

Fuck off you're just praying for him to say you were right all along ;)

Aye I'll buy that the threat of relegation put things on hold to an extent but they've only realised it was a threat in the last month or so. They should have been finished the process of narrowing down the shortlist before then.

I've been wrong about too many things to try and brag about being right about survival :lol:

One thing in our favour is that the new coach is unlikely to have much say in our transfer business and so any delay in that appointment shouldn't affect our progress in signing new players.

Not even I'm that positive.

NUSD Mission Statement

1. Fucking try

2. Don't be cunts

3. Repeat 1.

There, not too difficult is it?

49127.jpg