John Carver Football Genius

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlikely Carver will get the job, says Douglas.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-new-head-coach-9354630

Also says most of the names we've been linked with aren't likely to get the job. Garde drifting, Galtier not in the frame etc...

It'll be McClaren.

Think that's more gut reaction than insight, although it may turn out to be correct.

Seems to think there'll be an announcement next week though, which is encouraging.

Seems to think there'll be an announcement next week though, which is encouraging.

"We are not going to rush into this important, timely decision."

Imagine if Bielsa goes to West Ham and we get McClaren... :lol:

Can see Sunlun being more ambitious and progressive with their appointment too. Same even goes for Watford.

I hear every one of your posts in Eeyore's voice now.

Rumours abound (l'Equipe) that we've approached Jocelyn Gourvennec of Guingamp

http://www.espnfc.us/blog/espn-fc-united-blog/68/post/2291796/jocelyn-gourvennec-guingamps-answer-to-jurgen-klopp

If he's anything like this article makes him out to be it'd be canny, I'd love to see a bloke who's forward thinking and young but I fear Ashley's profit driven goals may put blokes like him off. I still think it's going to be McClaren, which I'm okay with but I would prefer someone with a bit more potential about them.

Edit:

"One of the most intelligent players of his generation, Gourvennec has become one of the shrewdest coaches. "

:lol: He's not coming here then.

He would seem like a good choice if Ashley was actually meaning to build something here, we all know he's full of shit though so I can't see how Ashley could attract him here tbh, doesn't seem the sort that's tempted by money and even if he was we're not the sort of club that now offers enough to sway people too much.

Edited by Howay

Imagine if Bielsa goes to West Ham and we get McClaren... :lol:

Can see Sunlun being more ambitious and progressive with their appointment too. Same even goes for Watford.

I hear every one of your posts in Eeyore's voice now.

eeyore-1.gif

:lol:

Poor old MT. It's not his fault he's not as confident as the Fish is.......