Tricky one with Mrs P

Park Life

Mrs P is an architect and we're looking to buy and renovate a new place to live...Just recently one of her female friends at work has got in on the act and they are looking at places to buy where you need 3/4 buyers to make it work (like a large house - 3 levels) or small block of flats (3/4) levels. The intial costs are high but adding extentions and so on means over time there will be a goodish profit (or rent out one floor etc...)..

Just a bit worried that this friend of hers is a bit pushy and I don't want her hanging around all the time which is bound to happen (living in the same building).

What should I do?

Failing that, sit down with the Mrs. and discuss your concerns as two rational adults.

Then demand your Sammich.

Rational discussion with a woman about my sensitivities? What fukin planet are you on? :lol:

I know this is a wild and crazy idea, but can't you speak to her about your reservations?

I second the gut instinct thing too. Hasn't let me down yet.

I recommend the yes minister approach. Demand a feasibility study, property agent advice, costings, surveys......query the areas, the buildings, the suppliers. Raise new and alternative ideas, blind alleys, diversions.....raise objections, obfuscate, present what if scenarios.....involve local government and planning authorities and snarl it up in as mich red tape as possible. ...all whilst appearing excited and wnthusiastic about the idea.

Or you could grow a pair and have a frank discussion :D

I recommend the yes minister approach. Demand a feasibility study, property agent advice, costings, surveys......query the areas, the buildings, the suppliers. Raise new and alternative ideas, blind alleys, diversions.....raise objections, obfuscate, present what if scenarios.....involve local government and planning authorities and snarl it up in as mich red tape as possible. ...all whilst appearing excited and wnthusiastic about the idea.

Or you could grow a pair and have a frank discussion :D

This is my default postion to anything anyway. :lol:

My Polish builder is coming round later he'll know what's what. :face_batman:

Is that the guy you met on Tinder?

He was woking on the neighbors and I started going for the odd beer with him.

Tinder could have been big but they need to hook up with apple or summink.

I had the idea of using locla wi fi and instant personality trait share in bars and so on...Alerting me to other chess players and followers of Nabakov...I call it 'Plume'.

Edited by Park Life