New Years Eve

catmag

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2014 has been the worst year of my life. 2015 will be one of the best, and I'm starting the year by not having one drink till February. I can see a situation if we go to some party where I get too much and end up in South Tyneside hospital again. January 1st 1997 I was 19, watching Newcastle beat Leeds 3-0 after a bottle of whisky the night before, I fell asleep in my seat, those days are gone.

2014 has been the worst year of my life. 2015 will be one of the best, and I'm starting the year by not having one drink till February. I can see a situation if we go to some party where I get too much and end up in South Tyneside hospital again. January 1st 1997 I was 19, watching Newcastle beat Leeds 3-0 after a bottle of whisky the night before, I fell asleep in my seat, those days are gone.

Good luck Stevie lad.

I remember that match, brilliant ribbing my gaffer at work. He then gave me a load of photocopying to do :glare:

Stop in :lol: The thought of getting (or trying to get) a taxi anywhere on NYE would put me off altogether. Some of my friends are going into town and "seeing where the mood takes us" I'd rather stick pins in my eyes.

Wouldn't be the first time you've jumped off the bridge tbf..

I'm waiting for a mate to get in touch to let me know if she's coming over tonight. She's having a rough time of it, and I hate the thought of her sitting on her own and probably being upset.

(Is it really bad of me to secretly hope her other girlfriends are going to drag her to her local instead...?)

Stop in :lol: The thought of getting (or trying to get) a taxi anywhere on NYE would put me off altogether. Some of my friends are going into town and "seeing where the mood takes us" I'd rather stick pins in my eyes.

Got it booked now but I will be letting them know, in no uncertain terms, that they will need to think twice before inviting me to the gaff in the arse end of nowhere next year. And then, I'll have a massive shit in their toilet.

Fireworks going mental from the house opposite. Most kids would sneakily watch out of the window having gone to bed half an hour ago. Mine shouts down "Errrrrr....I'm trying to get to sleep here!" :lol:

Merry New Year and all that. I'm supposed to be doing Parkrun at 10am but I've been drinking sugary drinks all night and there's a cheeseboard in front of me the size of, oh I don't know, a DVD player or something, so the resolutions might have to wait until the 2nd. :good: Hope 2015 is a smasher for all of youse.

Indeed, there was quite a range.

Meanwhile, a fella collapsed and nearly died at Parkrun this morning, needed defibrillation and everything. Conclusive proof that God hates all exercise-related New Year's resolutions. Back to the cheese!