Terrorism

aimaad22

Do you disagree with the "then" Labour Home Secretary who said "it was a spectacular mistake"?

which areas out of interest, CT? any you're familiar with? i'm struggling to think of any in the north east, or other largely white anglo saxon region which voted to remin

which areas out of interest, CT? any you're familiar with? i'm struggling to think of any in the north east, or other largely white anglo saxon region which voted to remin

:lol:

I'm not playing this game. It's been discussed to death. If you disagree and think we didn't get it wrong then fine.

It's pretty well accepted by all that we did.

I'm not playing this game. It's been discussed to death. If you disagree and think we didn't get it wrong then fine.

It was a mistake in the longer term and with hindsight imo. It fueled economic growth in the 2000's, but ultimately probably led to Brexit because of the issues it caused, even if a lot of this was ill founded perceptions.

Still, most immigration is from outside of the EU. I wonder how a lot of Brexiters are going to feel when the poles are replaced by even cheaper labour from Asia, Africa, and South America?

right, so by playing a game, you mean answering a pretty straightforward question.

It was a mistake in the longer term and with hindsight imo. It fueled economic growth in the 2000's, but ultimately probably led to Brexit because of the issues it caused, even if a lot of this was ill founded perceptions.

Still, most immigration is from outside of the EU. I wonder how a lot of Brexiters are going to feel when the poles are replaced by even cheaper labour from Asia, Africa, and South America?

The clever thing would be to have less unskilled immigration all around and start training enough nurses etc rather than the cheap immigration option.

The clever thing would be to have less unskilled immigration all around and start training enough nurses etc rather than the cheap immigration option.

Is this not a strange thing for someone who fully endorsed austerity to say? Thought your view was that Labour overspent when they ploughed money into the NHS and caused the crash so we had to tighten our belts and live within our means?

Is this not a strange thing for someone who fully endorsed austerity to say? Thought your view was that Labour overspent when they ploughed money into the NHS and caused the crash so we had to tighten our belts and live within our means?

No, I had a problem with Labour borrowing from the corporate Wongas and screwing the financia abilities of most trusts for years to come.

However, more home trained nurses would be money well spent imo.

No, I had a problem with Labour borrowing from the corporate Wongas and screwing the financia abilities of most trusts for years to come.

But you were ok with austerity measures which saw the government borrow more than all previous Labour governments put together.

However, more home trained nurses would be money well spent imo.

The Tories have scrapped nurse bursaries. What effect do you think this will have?

It's a very sensitive issue in Germany so I don't really know which figures to believe but crime is definitely up.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/migrants-linked-69-000-actual-crimes-germany-first-180518039.html

http://www.therebel.media/refugees_in_germany_committed_69_000_crimes_in_just_three_months_in_2016

The number of crimes by immigrants rose in comparison over 2014 to 2015 by 79 percent, the number of refugees increased at the same time by 440 percent.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/644827/refugees-committed-crimes-Germany-migrant-crisis-last-year

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/7470/germany-migrants-crime

The article by the express is surprisingly correct tbh.

If you look at the increase in crimes committed by refugees you have to take into account that a huge number of these crimes are related to the status of refugees, e. g. crossing the border illegally, not leaving the country or using fake documents. A lot of the other crimes are minor offences and crimes where the victims are refugees as well. Especially if you look at more serious offences like gbh or murder cases nearly all victims are refugees as well. From a prosecutor's point of view (and that is what I do, mostly cases of capital crimes and robbery) immigrants do not pose a serious threat to people and our society.

It's something different with terrorists. Even though the majority of recent events are not linked with terrorism it's totally clear that there is an increased threat of a major terrorist attack. But this threat has been there for several years and it's probably just a mix of luck and good investigation that most attempts in recent years failed (like a bomb discovered in cologne's train station) or got discovered in time (the so called Sauerland group). I am under no illusion that something serious will happen rather sooner than later.

I still do not feel threatened by 99.99% of refugees who came here though.

It doesn't from what I've read. It sounds like someone mentally ill went daft with a knife. This "we can't rule out terrorism" line is something the press latch onto and the police basically have to say.

All references to terrorism have been removed from the latest police commissioner statement. "mental health a significant factor" though. Which is borne out by an eye witness saying the bloke had a motorcycle helmet balanced on top of his head.