Registas, False nines & Raumdeuters

The Fish

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fish mate, it sounds like your hanging out with wankers who talk shite to sound cool. I've just asked this lad I work with what a regista is, to explain he's a 36 year old ex semi pro player who's a qualified coach and he didn't have a fuckin clue what I was on about. Hes. forgotten more about football than you and i will ever know. He doesn't talk to his youth team players like that because as I said it's not part of the football vocabulary in this country for the vast majority of players and supporters.

No, he is a wanker who talks shite to try to sound cool. :icon_lol:

Fish mate, it sounds like your hanging out with wankers who talk shite to sound cool. I've just asked this lad I work with what a regista is, to explain he's a 36 year old ex semi pro player who's a qualified coach and he didn't have a fuckin clue what I was on about. Hes. forgotten more about football than you and i will ever know. He doesn't talk to his youth team players like that because as I said it's not part of the football vocabulary in this country for the vast majority of players and supporters.

So what man? Insular attitudes in our footballing culture has always held us back.

So what man? Insular attitudes in our footballing culture has always held us back.

Another "cool" thing to say tbh, nothing really concrete to back it up although I completely accept we can learn much from abroad.

Thing is, it's only a label. Better my mate can coach a young lad to "play in behind" a main striker than have to additionally explain what a "tetrarequesta"(?) is and also why isn't he actually speaking English.

Football isn't an English only game though. People are watching La Liga, Serie A and the German league is definitely getting more popular.

If English football is affected by foreign players and coaches, isn't it reasonable to accept changes to vocabulary?

I'm certain your mate used phrases that someone from the previous generation didn't. "Six second rule"?

Well yeah am sure he does but that is a rule, not something that describes a function on the pitch. It's all just a level of smartarse-dom that I refuse to go to. I don't understand the need, I can express myself adequately in the footballing vernacular of the 70s and 80s thank you very much. Everyone else I know who has half an idea about the game does too :good:

For years in the last century the FA didn't want to know as they believed because we invented the game that we knew best. Cite the debacles when we played Hungary in the 50s or even after winning the World Cup.

Well yeah am sure he does but that is a rule, not something that describes a function on the pitch. It's all just a level of smartarse-dom that I refuse to go to. I don't understand the need, I can express myself adequately in the footballing vernacular of the 70s and 80s thank you very much. Everyone else I know who has half an idea about the game does too :good:

:lol:

The Fish needs to grasp the basics of football before graduating to these fancier words, really. He's the worst kind of fan, the one that thinks he's got advanced knowledge whilst possessing little. I'd do you a list of knowledgeable footballing people on here but I don't want to offend. (anyone apart from The Fish!)

What's funny about that? :lol:

It's reverse-snobbery "I don't need them

new fangled phrases just to sound cool".

Im certainly not using "trequartista" to sound cool, I'm using it because it accurately describes a specific role that is currently popular.

I'll just never understand settling for "enough".

I don't understand why anyone would use terms that don't accurately describe something once they've learnt them. I bet you don't call it a portable touchscreen, and I bet you don't take the piss out of people who call it a "tablet".

Is it just that the terms are Italian or German?

There will be a certain amount of people who use these new terms to describe a specific way of playing and there will be those who use the terms in attempt to sound like they know what they're talking about when they really don't. I'm guessing the latter type will be the majority.

It's reverse-snobbery "I don't need them

new fangled phrases just to sound cool".

Im certainly not using "trequartista" to sound cool, I'm using it because it accurately describes a specific role that is currently popular.

I'll just never understand settling for "enough".

I don't understand why anyone would use terms that don't accurately describe something once they've learnt them. I bet you don't call it a portable touchscreen, and I bet you don't take the piss out of people who call it a "tablet".

Is it just that the terms are Italian or German?

Yes a bit self righteous :lol: after afternoon beverage but it's nowt to do with nationality it's just a suspicion of people who go out of their way to be oversmart. Tbh, most regulars on here, with one or two glaring exceptions, are reasonable crack and have half an idea about the game without resorting too much to hipster bollocks. It's just not needed as far as I can make out but yeah knock yourself out....can someone actually tell me what a ramdeuter us though?? :unsure: