Question(s) of the Day 30/11/2014

The Fish

Where do you get your football info?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Media in my case of course. This forum and for a time NO for local Newcastle stuff for the past decade or so.

Shalke is a good shout with the support they have. Would be nice to see the likes of Ajax challenging the elite again with the talent they often produce.

The only one I didn't vote yes to was podcasts....

Don't think any team truly deserves to win anything they haven't properly earned tbh. This is obviously a tricky point of view when a team spawns their way to a cup victory a la Liverpool in the champions league, but to be fair they did put out Barca, Juve and Chelsea en route. If we somehow get to the latter stages of a cup we'll have to beat at least one of the top four or five teams in the country, including the falsely flush likes of man city and Chelsea too.

The media driven sense of entitlement (main club in receipt of this is obviously Arsenal) that somehow one club is more deserving than any other when it comes to honours is frankly bollocks and drives anyone with half a brain to distraction. So why should we "deserve" to win anything? We don't, neither do anyone else. We can be slightly pleased that a set of long suffering supporters finally have their day in the sun, and imagine what that feels like, but that's about as far as it goes for me.

We're certainly not entitled to win anything just because we get 50k watching us every other week, although that does place us in a very special place in the early 21st century scheme of things. Man city and Chelsea would love our local fan base based on nothing but precious hopes and pride. Tbf man city used to have the hopeless pride bit if not the numbers we get, but that's been replaced by the usual top 4/5 bullshit very,very quickly. I don't ever want to go down that road..

I hate pretty much every other club so none of them deserve success. Actually no one deserves success, If you do the right things as a club you will get success but I think deserve is a poor choice of word.

Same. :lol:

I like some foreign teams like.

Are there any decent nufc podcasts out there btw? Found one on TuneinRadio but it began with the guy trying to sing an Eminem song, Im not going anywhere near that again.

Taylor and Besty is all right, but I enjoy the Ramble and the Guardian one more.